Kieftenbeld..... has he really signed?

Mafiabob

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Just spent a good 45 minutes reading through this thread. Makes me pretty happy l don't sit in the stands with a great many of the posters, and enormously grateful that l will never find myself in the trenches with them.

Never had you down as one of the blind faith brigade. Couldn't care less about this player. Rather have Elsnik, Guy and Bryson at the club fighting it out for that position. But, this just highlights the ineptitude and bizarre decisions made by the club since ...

Whilst I'm disappointed with the outcome,life has taught me that you have to make the most of setbacks and try and turn them to your advantage.In the age of the constant quest for the 'Holy Grail',I've often thought that the best chance that a kid might get would derive from an 'emergency' situation.This may not occur,but there's now a better chance that it might.

Fate has determined that Callum Guy wasn't sent out on loan, and now can't go out till January. If he can get himself match fit,then he surely at least comes into squad contention.I hope the lad sees this himself,which I've no doubt he will,but I hope he doesn't overstretch in an attempt to get match fit.There must be a good chance of an opportunity for the kid.If we get injuries and someone who has no experience of midfield is thrust in,I'll despair (assuming one of the injuries isn't to Guy).

29 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

What's difficult about it all? The transfer window was open for two months. TWO MONTHS. There should be absoloutely no sympathy for those who miss out.

We tried to panic buy, and missed out. Good! As panic buying has served us so well in the past hasn't it? 

It isn't necessarily panic buying if the player you want isn't being made available by the selling club. Read the Barnsley statement they identified their player over two months ago, but were only able to sign him at the last moment of deadline day. Is it really too difficult to understand that teams don't want to release players if they are uncertain of a replacement. Weren't Birmingham waiting on signing Song?

2 minutes ago, Gypsy Ram said:

Never had you down as one of the blind faith brigade. Couldn't care less about this player. Rather have Elsnik, Guy and Bryson at the club fighting it out for that position. But, this just highlights the ineptitude and bizarre decisions made by the club since ...

You were right then, as l am no blind faither. Neither am l a cheerleader for Morris. The club have made a big mistake, no argument, but the huge number of posters on here taking this opportunity to deride the club leads me to question their support and backbone.

11 hours ago, NoLoRam said:

Jesus. Derby fans are mental.

Hope he hasn't signed now just to see some of you lot lose it. Absolute maniacs.

I bet Keiftenbeld, is sat with Mel at his computer right now pissing themselves at this thread.

10 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Jet fuel can't melt steel beams, Roswell was an alien crash, Derby haven't signed Kieftenbeld and the lizard people control the world.

10 hours ago, jagerbob said:

Having seen the source of the rumour (the BCFC message board) its 100% not true.

Move on from this please lads.

:lol::lol::lol:

58 minutes ago, David said:

Barnsley as well. Strange why it’s taken the EFL so long.

Not really, as the club statement said the club appealed against the original decision and the EFL board turned down the appeal today.

10 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

You were right then, as l am no blind faither. Neither am l a cheerleader for Morris. The club have made a big mistake, no argument, but the huge number of posters on here taking this opportunity to deride the club leads me to question their support and backbone.

Are you going tomorrow to Pride Park then to support the team. 

Some people on here actually want Derby to fail. They're delighted this has happened as because they are desperate to moan, they are born negative!! Have a word with yourselves those people!!

That said, I'm normally a positive poster but this has pissed me off royally! This is a c*** up of epic proportions and we will be deservedly a laughing stock for a few weeks.

The worst thing about it for me is we sold Bryson, the only senior midfielder with any energy!! Why could we have not made a rational decision that if Kieftenbeld wasn't lined up by the time Bryson's deal needed to be done then we don't complete?!!  

Huddlestone and Johnson doesn't work, Johnson is useless, there is no other word to describe him...my opinion but I'll need to get behind him now,  although I hope this means Guy will be given a chance. 

It's still been a reasonable window for Derby and we have been far more of a shambles in the past (selling rasiak without replacement) but it's still not good.

Furthermore, with some of the ridiculous negativity around, Rowett has just made the next 4 months a lot harder than it would've been. He will need results more than ever as the negative vultures will be out (wrongly!)

After an indifferent end to last season most posters on here suggested GR should be given the summer transfer window to hush the doubters and show his true credentials.  Well after an indifferent pre-season, indifferent start to the season and a shambolic transfer window what are the views now?. IMO, he was never the right appointment, and he'll be gone by end of October!!!! There.....I said it!!!

4 minutes ago, toddy said:

As Hardy once said " another fine mess"

Must have been after he realised Derek Hayles wasn't such a good idea after all.

Moral of the story, dont try and sign a player who cant make it into the club to deal with the paperwork.

Too big a risk.

WE always here how players travel to a club before 11pm to get the deal sorted.

THis guy was in Holland his agent in UK, no amount of phone calls, emails with the documents can tell him... sign here mate.

The guy signed the wrong bit of the form, and he had to do it again, and all the time documents being sent to him and then being sent onto the EFL.

Archived