Kieftenbeld..... has he really signed?

Mafiabob

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Really? The game didn't have my full attention, but I looked up when they said Keiftenbeld left his man (on the edge of the box) for them to have a good chance. Didn't see that much of note. Just cos he can move around a bit doesn't make him amazing, does it?

Hi it’s Gary. Yes, yes it does. 

I agree re playing Huddlestone at the back, he was always better in that position in his first spell at the club imo and has more experience now too, playing a sort of Stimac role maybe, having someone to bring the ball out and spray it around from the back is a big plus in this league rather than laborious backwards and sideways or hoofing. Could be the kick start we need.

13 hours ago, RamNut said:

I assume derby could have signed him but couldn't have played him until january. 

We had agreed the deal with brum and were grateful to them for taking him back.

Not sure we could have signed him on a permanent after the window closed,even if we didn't play him.

16 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Really? The game didn't have my full attention, but I looked up when they said Keiftenbeld left his man (on the edge of the box) for them to have a good chance. Didn't see that much of note. Just cos he can move around a bit doesn't make him amazing, does it?

Yeh, sure it does. 

• 2 months later...
1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

So, are we happy Rowett didn't get to sign this bloke?

Happy because we probably wouldn't have got Ledley otherwise, but I think Kieftenbeld has been one of the bright sparks in a poor season for Brum. Admittedly he wasn't very good today because Vydra ran rings around him and didn't give him a second on the ball, but I still think he's a decent player 

On 10/14/2017 at 11:34, DCFC1976 said:

Huddlestone should be in a back three with Keogh & Davies, he pretty much plays there anyway he’s that deep. You could then have two solid midfielders in Johnson & Thorne with three up front, full backs take your pick?!

No chance would I change a back 4 that has worked so well this season with the best pairing in the division with Davies and Keogh ??

I'd still take him as he'd provide energy in the midfield, which we are still lacking as seen against Sheffield Utd. Currently, we have got 3 players for two positions, 2 of whom are in their 30s and the other one struggles with knocks frequently. Thorne, Ledley, Huddlestone and Kieftenbeld for 2 positions is reasonable. Don't want to see Johnson at DM again, he's better as an offensive midfielder. One injury to thorne or Huddlestone could derail our whole season. I'd be more comfortable if we signed another defensive mid because I'm not confident Ledley will be back to his best for the rest of the season as back injuries are often reoccurring and hard to heal.

21 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

So, are we happy Rowett didn't get to sign this bloke?

Yeah ...  Ankle biter I’m not sure what he really offers and I’m surprised Rowett liked him for being such a smaller lightweight fella. 

Archived