Is Rowett up to the job

ramma

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, dcfcfan1 said:

Would people be happy with top half this season? Genuine question

Depends what you mean. i wouldn't be happy with bottom half. Not with this group of players. A good manager would have them 12th or above no problem.

I'll be happy with 6th or above. Meh with 7th - 10th and underwhelmed with anything else. Unless it's relegation!

That's not anti Rowett or negative before i get slammed. It's what i'd be happy with.

Players very poor today but Rowett must take his share of the blame. Poor starting line up, changed nothing at 2-0 when we're getting totally outplayed and then only tactical sub was Martin, who was completely the wrong choice when we were chasing the game as we were. And why have top scorer Vydra on the bench if he isn't fit enough to play, as he said after?

Can't believe that every other manager seems to know that if you press Reading high up the pitch you achieve something as they always play out, and yet we were happy to let them have the ball until they were in our half. 

We seemed to be playing 2 up top which left huge holes in behind, and it was a typical pre-Ledley afternoon in the midfield with a pair that has been proven not to be effective.

I'm happy with Rowett overall but today he got it wrong imo.

30 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Players very poor today but Rowett must take his share of the blame. Poor starting line up, changed nothing at 2-0 when we're getting totally outplayed and then only tactical sub was Martin, who was completely the wrong choice when we were chasing the game as we were. And why have top scorer Vydra on the bench if he isn't fit enough to play, as he said after?

Can't believe that every other manager seems to know that if you press Reading high up the pitch you achieve something as they always play out, and yet we were happy to let them have the ball until they were in our half. 

We seemed to be playing 2 up top which left huge holes in behind, and it was a typical pre-Ledley afternoon in the midfield with a pair that has been proven not to be effective.

Just how was Martin completely the wrong choice when we chasing the game...I saw several passes which would have resulted in at least one goal by Lawrence if he had taken it.....prior to him coming on,the attempts on goal were virtually non existent.

And didn't he score fifty percent of our goals?

Were you at the game or listening to radio ramage?

The only correct statement is that rowett got pretty much everything wrong.

47 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

We didn't do that because our midfield is sooooo slow. You need energy and pace in midfield to press from the front and you can't do that when you have Johnson and Huddlestone in there. We could have done it several years ago when we had Hendrick/Hughes/Bryson. Not anymore.

The amount of chances they had increased a lot when we started pressing from the front as our midfield left the defence totally exposed. 

2 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Just how was Martin completely the wrong choice when we chasing the game...I saw several passes which would have resulted in at least one goal by Lawrence if he had taken it.....prior to him coming on,the attempts on goal were virtually non existent.

And didn't he score fifty percent of our goals?

Were you at the game or listening to radio ramage?

The only correct statement is that rowett got pretty much everything wrong.

I was at the game, wasn't what we needed at the time in order to rescue something from the game. Well done for scoring but it was irrelevant in the context of the game. You and others who think he is some sort of God can't understand that some people simply think Martin is ok. He wasn't bad when he came on, neither did he do anything amazing.

In your eyes they either agree with you (and are therefore right) or have some sort of agenda and hate him. I don't, I he contributes. What I don't understand is the clamour from some for him to start based on what he did today. 

15 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

I was at the game, wasn't what we needed at the time in order to rescue something from the game. Well done for scoring but it was irrelevant in the context of the game. You and others who think he is some sort of God can't understand that some people simply think Martin is ok. He wasn't bad when he came on, neither did he do anything amazing.

In your eyes they either agree with you (and are therefore right) or have some sort of agenda and hate him. I don't, I he contributes. What I don't understand is the clamour from some for him to start based on what he did today. 

Because he adds something that most don't...control.

We are missing that and Martin and thorne are the two players most able to supply it.

We cried out for that today

Thought we were set up horrifically today. They always had a spare man.

Nuge on Bacuna; Winnall, Johnny and Lawrence on their back three, full-backs v wing-backs. Had to be. Don’t set up to press today if you’re not going to set up like that. 

9 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

Based on what others did I can totally understand the clamour for him to start.  Getting Martin playing to his full potential enhances the team when he is on the pitch.  

The problem is though is he will never reach that potential under this manager, percentage football into the channels is not his game, shame as on form he can be unplayable at this level. 

9 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Because he adds something that most don't...control.

We are missing that and Martin and thorne are the two players most able to supply it.

We cried out for that today

Correct. And I just don't understand GR's philosophy that you can win games without it. 

9 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

Vulcan you are spot on he was average just as he was at Leeds he's not the Messiah some think he is 

2 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Vulcan you are spot on he was average just as he was at Leeds he's not the Messiah some think he is 

It's a team game - just like Keogh, Martin is a good player and a valuable member of the team. When he should be played why shouldn't the fans ask 'where's Martin'? Not many think he's the Messiah but you seem to think he's the anti-Christ!

Archived