Is Rowett up to the job

ramma

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we do sack him then mel needs to sack himself, id rather give Rowett time but im not convinced at the moment. The chairman needs to be accountable... it comes from the top, he makes the appointments. I get he's a derby fan & has put money in etc for that im greatful & maybe sack yourself is harsh. But at least get someone in to run the club in terms of interviewing & appointing managers & non playing staff 

Taking off Ledley and bringing on Vydra when we are hanging on !!!! Vydra totally gave up chasing back for their goal . Unforgivable but then you also have to blame Rowett . This expensive set of posing individuals has got absolutely NO chance of getting promoted . And people wonder why the support is dropping off ? They are not worthy of the time and expense. 

Only makes sense if you have the right man in place to see things out. We all wanted Gary to succeed when he came in but 7 months later we’ve regressed to the playing style of an embattled league one side. 

It’s completely understandable that as a fanbase we’re apprehensive about changing manager for a sixth time in 3 years but we shouldn’t keep Gary just for stability’s sake. It’s not working.

Mel, we implore you to make the right decision before the damage is done

4 minutes ago, ramma said:

Only makes sense if you have the right man in place to see things out. We all wanted Gary to succeed when he came in but 7 months later we’ve regressed to the playing style of an embattled league one side. 

It’s completely understandable that as a fanbase we’re apprehensive about changing manager for a sixth time in 3 years but we shouldn’t keep Gary just for stability’s sake. It’s not working.

Mel, we implore you to make the right decision before the damage was done

Already been done, by the man you implore to make the "right" decision. 

Like i said before for some people the sky is starting to fall down.

Get over yourselves if you ever expected us to rectify 3 years of failure in a few months you were wrong. Who has given us the right to be 'top 6 material'. No one. Success is earned.

A team which earns that right is some way off i agree but sacking yet another manager is pure insanity it would be the 8th in what 3 years. 

Bore off. For gods sake Mel dont do it. 

26 minutes ago, ramma said:

Mel would be the first to admit he’s made some bad calls but firing Gary would be a step in the right direction. 

No it wouldn't, it'll be a vicious cycle, if he were to go now, you'll be back on here in 6 months shouting for the next guy to go (probably Simmo) and again and again and again.....

The Derby Way ladies and gents 

My concerns started when we off loaded the 2 best players and the incoming are aged 30 plus, not really building for the future are we?

We currently have no midfield players able to change a game, create abit of magic, bloody hell we have no midfieldesr with any pace!

Our squad does like it was put together by various managers who all had different ideas, problem is they have all been sacked and we are still left with a hotch botch team.

For me the buck stops at Mel, he's the one that sacked them all, he's the one that brought in all the the other managers, he's the one that is accountable!

8 hours ago, ramma said:

Mel would be the first to admit he’s made some bad calls but firing Gary would be a step in the right direction. 

Some bad calls.......some, is a bit of an understatement in my opinion.  Despite his good intentions he is bringing this club to its knees.

Archived