View from the outside

Derbados

19 minutes ago, Kinder said:

This thread is tough reading for a born and bred Brummie Rams fan! And my wife and all her family are Blues! 

Anyway, my die hard Blues mate just sent me this:

“Mate, Derby are everything I wish we were: horrible, nasty, cynical, lucky, well organised, very solid, full of very strong players for this league. I hope that little fanny Russell gets **** though “

Thought the last bit was harsh, might be because of his rugby tackle. I wouldn’t have said we’re horrible, nasty or cynical either but I don’t mind it at all. We’re obviously very unpleasant to play against. ?

Last time we had a bit of that we went up.

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Not sure how others feel, but I like it!  Have we ever been called this in the last 10years? What have we achieved in that time?

That's a very good point but to be honest I don't recall any other fan bases accusing us of some of the things they have. Nasty, horribble and cynical, come on that aint so. They must be confusing cynical with clinical. I think they're a fan base clambering around for excuses for their own misgivings. When Harry Redknapp was splashing their cash in the summer they must of had visions of sitting right where we are now. Jealousy can be such a negative emotion that it clouds judgement. They need to look closer to home before pointing accusing fingers. However I wish them luck with their impending relegation battle and financial difficulties.

24 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

That's a very good point but to be honest I don't recall any other fan bases accusing us of some of the things they have. Nasty, horribble and cynical, come on that aint so. They must be confusing cynical with clinical. I think they're a fan base clambering around for excuses for their own misgivings. When Harry Redknapp was splashing their cash in the summer they must of had visions of sitting right where we are now. Jealousy can be such a negative emotion that it clouds judgement. They need to look closer to home before pointing accusing fingers. However I wish them luck with their impending relegation battle and financial difficulties.

'Harry Redknapp' and 'financial difficulties' in the same prargraph? Surely not.

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

Not sure how others feel, but I like it!  Have we ever been called this in the last 10years? What have we achieved in that time?

Only forest who clung to it as a mantra after every routine loss to Nigel Clough's DCFC, even though our record in general suggested otherwise and even in those games wasn't really particularly a thing unless you were making excuses for billy bottlers.

Just now, B4ev6is said:

I wander how bristroil city feel about the game

Some of them are surprisingly confident despite their recent poor form. They suggest that our players will have the 4-1 from earlier in the season on their minds and rather than that fire them up to get revenge, they suggest it will cause them to be nervous and scared 

23 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I wander how bristroil city feel about the game

They'll be happy with a point, stops us getting further ahead. They have the man city game to come which will be a major occsion for them.... and to be honest a semi final, beating 4 prem sides, and possibly even a final, with a season ending in the top 6, will probably be thrilled with that.

Aden Flint - 8

The stand out performer in the defence again. He cleared off the line and was a nuisance up front at set pieces, having a couple of weak headers on target despite being heavily marked.

Could have given away a penalty late in the game when he appeared to touch Cameron Jerome who went down but was shown yellow for diving. A let off for him and the team.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-v-bristol-city-1093212

11 minutes ago, WystonRam said:

Aden Flint - 8

The stand out performer in the defence again. He cleared off the line and was a nuisance up front at set pieces, having a couple of weak headers on target despite being heavily marked.

Could have given away a penalty late in the game when he appeared to touch Cameron Jerome who went down but was shown yellow for diving. A let off for him and the team.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-v-bristol-city-1093212

Fair gig that - Flint was good 

we were in for him one time

• 2 weeks later...

Some interesting comments

Derby will do well in the Premiership if they get there (hopefully not) ... players conning referees and going down at any opportunity.

Their fans were giving it ever so large throughout. Was quite sadly comical at times.

You need a strong ref with Derby, Keogh and the clowns do all they can to get him on board, scream about every little challenge and go radio rental at anything they can see that might lead to a red card

Also agreed whole-heartedly about Pride Park being a lesson in what not to do when we get to Lionel Road

http://www.griffinpark.org/forums/showthread.php?t=129369

3 minutes ago, WystonRam said:

Derby will do well in the Premiership if they get there (hopefully not) ... players conning referees and going down at any opportunity.

Their fans were giving it ever so large throughout. Was quite sadly comical at times.

You need a strong ref with Derby, Keogh and the clowns do all they can to get him on board, scream about every little challenge and go radio rental at anything they can see that might lead to a red card

Also agreed whole-heartedly about Pride Park being a lesson in what not to do when we get to Lionel Road

Michael gray thought it was a definite red card offence on Channel 5 this morning and he has no leanings towards Derby. I could take the comments seriously if Brentford wasn't such a Mickey Mouse club.

5 minutes ago, WystonRam said:

Such gracious words.

Archived