RamsTV Feedback

Gringo

To say i’m disappointed with this news would be putting it mildly. I know that the club aren’t to blame, but how can the EFL not include these games. The two (hopefully three ??) biggest games of the season and they won’t let overseas fans watch them. What excuse do they come up with? Home based fans will just go down to the nearest pub to watch. There is no need to “catch a last minute flight” as they will be easily available. I can understand cup games not being screened, but this is part of the EFL season, no matter that it is extended.

15 hours ago, richinspain said:

To say i’m disappointed with this news would be putting it mildly. I know that the club aren’t to blame, but how can the EFL not include these games. The two (hopefully three ??) biggest games of the season and they won’t let overseas fans watch them. What excuse do they come up with? Home based fans will just go down to the nearest pub to watch. There is no need to “catch a last minute flight” as they will be easily available. I can understand cup games not being screened, but this is part of the EFL season, no matter that it is extended.

I'm sure the club would have loved to stream it as it would have made a good amount of money and i think in there lies the problem. The Play-offs are technically separate from the normal league fixtures and i guess the EFL have marketed them separately because of how popular they are. Have you checked if a broadcaster is showing it in Spain? The EFL might have been able to sell the play-offs in Spain but not the normal league fixtures. 

21 hours ago, richinspain said:

The two (hopefully three ??) biggest games of the season and they won’t let overseas fans watch them.

Basically, RamsTV and other webcasters are allowed to stream Sky's cast-offs that are unlikely to stimulate enough interest for people to spend money with Rupert Murdoch and make him rich, e.g. Burton v Barnsley (no disrespect).

I will be watching it legally on Sportdigital in Germany for €1.99. The feed is more reliable than RamsTV and even the commentary in German isn't too bad.

I could go down to one of the local Irish bars and watch it, but they get quite full on a Friday night and people are more interested in drinking and chatting with loud music in the background, They're not really bothered about English 2nd Division football.

1 hour ago, A Ram for All Seasons said:

Basically, RamsTV and other webcasters are allowed to stream Sky's cast-offs that are unlikely to stimulate enough interest for people to spend money with Rupert Murdoch and make him rich, e.g. Burton v Barnsley (no disrespect).

I will be watching it legally on Sportdigital in Germany for €1.99. The feed is more reliable than RamsTV and even the commentary in German isn't too bad.

I could go down to one of the local Irish bars and watch it, but they get quite full on a Friday night and people are more interested in drinking and chatting with loud music in the background, They're not really bothered about English 2nd Division football.

As @TheAllestreeRam suggested i’ve looked on internet but can’t find anybody that will be broadcasting the game.  I imagine everyone knows what i’ll be watching this evening (cough, cough)

On 10/05/2018 at 17:47, richinspain said:

According to their site NowTV works in Spain - so you might be able to day pass for sky sports and watch it that way. It's a bit dear (£8) for just this game but I don't know what your situation is. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

So let me get this right, anyone who didn't cancel their subscription for the summer months (presumably because they forgot) have to pay EXTRA for the pre-season friendlies?

Wrong.

Just now, RamNut said:

it will be interesting to see if they publish the video of the full 90.

Don't see why they wouldn't...

If uk subscribers couldn't watch the live video then they should still be entitled to the "matchday live replay" as part of their package.