RamsTV Feedback

Gringo

i'll echo @Bob The Badger here - it has little to do with internet connection. i have a very unreliable 4G and adsl connection here, other live streams work no problem whatsoever even at high-bitrate (Netflix, Hotstar, MLB.tv)

i reckon it might be that boro and villa fans were signing up and just overloading it which is frankly ******** because surely the CDM expands capacity when required, rather than it being run off a server from pride park with limited capacity??

12 hours ago, LeyStand said:

Unbelievable comments on here, I think Rams TV is awesome, the whiners on here criticising it ought to get a life. 30 plus games live for £110, less than £4 per match.

I have no problems here in the USA, so stop blaming the club and look to your internet connections, Mel has provided a fantastic service and I do not want any whinging whining idiots jeopardising it just because they don’t understand modern technology.

Half fan ?

15 hours ago, Eddie Lewis said:

Got a reply straight away, I've pasted it below;

Thanks for your email.

Please be aware of the following in regards to our streaming service:

LIVE VIDEO - These are restrictions on live video for Rams TV:

- Users outside of the UK - you WILL BE able able to view on DESKTOP/LAPTOP or via MOBILE/TABLETvia the official Derby County app only. Mobile/tablet browser is not supported. We only see logs via the browser not the app.

- The app is called Derby County and is ran by Incrowd.

On apple devices it's available for download here - https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/derby-county-official-ramstv/id1254491195?mt=8

On android devices it's available for download here - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.incrowdsports.football.derby&hl=en_GB

For any problems regarding the APP ONLY please email support@incrowdsports.com

I replied saying I can't login to the app etc after no normal problems, they replied saying they had forwarded my email to the app team. I said what have I got to do for a refund, they said to contact them on Monday during office hours.

Firstly I live in Spain, im not sat in Chad with my feet up. Im not the sort of person to complain especially at the start of the season when it was ****, but I don't see why I should pay for games when I can't watch it

Mmmm...the only response I have received from the club thus far is an email announcing 40% off kits, plus an extra 25% off the away kits...

Since I have already bought all three this season, it’s not of much interest to me but a reply to my emails would be, especially since I can’t fully test that it’s been fixed until the next match!

15 hours ago, LeyStand said:

Unbelievable comments on here, I think Rams TV is awesome, the whiners on here criticising it ought to get a life. 30 plus games live for £110, less than £4 per match.

I have no problems here in the USA, so stop blaming the club and look to your internet connections, Mel has provided a fantastic service and I do not want any whinging whining idiots jeopardising it just because they don’t understand modern technology.

Unbelievable comments from you tbh. And ignorant.

In my case, my login credentials are, according to the message, failing authentication. Since they’ve been saved and not been an issue in the past, I fail to understand how this might be my failing.

I’ve tried to log in on both Android and IOS; same issue. And in both App and the site. Any suggestions from a modern technology genius???

Edited by EssendonRam

11 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

They did *%^$#@( email me. 

But there is a message as you log in too, at least I can see one.

To be honest, i’ve never received an email as far as I can recall but I routinely look up the matches being broadcast and look for the message at the log in screen in Match Centre.

4 hours ago, EssendonRam said:

But there is a message as you log in too, at least I can see one.

To be honest, i’ve never received an email as far as I can recall but I routinely look up the matches being broadcast and look for the message at the log in screen in Match Centre.

There normally is a message that says 'because of copyright restrictions' etc.. but there wasn't yesterday and a few people were trying to log in and didn't know why they couldn't. 

I'd be curious to know if it was Derby who sold the rights or the League. My guess is the latter as I'm not sure Derby have the autonomy to do that, but if it is them, then that really sucks.

11 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

There normally is a message that says 'because of copyright restrictions' etc.. but there wasn't yesterday and a few people were trying to log in and didn't know why they couldn't. 

I'd be curious to know if it was Derby who sold the rights or the League. My guess is the latter as I'm not sure Derby have the autonomy to do that, but if it is them, then that really sucks.

Yea it's Derby. Most of the other clubs have another similar system but it's run by football league.

9 hours ago, alexxxxx said:

Yea it's Derby. Most of the other clubs have another similar system but it's run by football league.

That's not how it works. Derby, Villa, Birmingham, Bristol City and a few others have their own systems but these are all subject to the EFL's Broadcasting Rights agreement. Clubs who have their own streaming service cannot negotiate them for themselves unless it is in a country where the EFL have decided they are unlikely to get a deal.

Hi folks,

Apologies for all the issues people are having with the service.

I'll do my best to pass on the details. 

And sorry if anyone was tweeting me on Saturday - I was in Munich and in no fit state to reply to anything.

Just on the confusion about what games we can and can't stream. If it's a Sky pick or the international pick, we can't show it in any territory with an EFL broadcast deal. While Villa wasn't on Sky, it was the international game, which is why some Rams abroad couldn't watch it with us.

And while I'm here, don't forget the Preview and Review Shows - watch them for free every week ?

Owen

On 30/04/2018 at 15:30, TheAllestreeRam said:

That's not how it works. Derby, Villa, Birmingham, Bristol City and a few others have their own systems but these are all subject to the EFL's Broadcasting Rights agreement. Clubs who have their own streaming service cannot negotiate them for themselves unless it is in a country where the EFL have decided they are unlikely to get a deal.

Yea but clubs aren't forced to offer the service at all. Hence why when we played Boro all the Boro fans buy it. Villa afaik weren't offering the game to anyone at all hence why the villa fans bought ramsTV for 1 day.

10 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

Yea but clubs aren't forced to offer the service at all. Hence why when we played Boro all the Boro fans buy it. Villa afaik weren't offering the game to anyone at all hence why the villa fans bought ramsTV for 1 day.

Yes so Derby are offering more then most other clubs. Earlier in the season people in this thread were moaning that they couldn't watch a game that was televised but now the club has opened that up to people you arent happy? 

14 minutes ago, TheAllestreeRam said:

Yes so Derby are offering more then most other clubs. Earlier in the season people in this thread were moaning that they couldn't watch a game that was televised but now the club has opened that up to people you arent happy? 

Im happy yeah of course, just trying to find reason why stream can't cope sometimes.

1 hour ago, alexxxxx said:

Hadn't thought about that aspect - all good extra loot for the club.

1 hour ago, alexxxxx said:

Im happy yeah of course, just trying to find reason why stream can't cope sometimes.

Ahh I see, i think it can be any number of reasons. If you think about it, its is all the problems that a broadcaster would have along with all the problems that a streaming service will have but inside of a football club. Ive seen people on here compare it to Netflix, youtube etc when it is completely different, nothing on netflix is live and only a handful of things on youtube are live and they have had years to get that right. There are problems from time to time but its worth remembering that its a football club and not a full on dedicated streaming service. I'm sure things will be better next season though. 

16 hours ago, TheAllestreeRam said:

Ahh I see, i think it can be any number of reasons. If you think about it, its is all the problems that a broadcaster would have along with all the problems that a streaming service will have but inside of a football club. Ive seen people on here compare it to Netflix, youtube etc when it is completely different, nothing on netflix is live and only a handful of things on youtube are live and they have had years to get that right. There are problems from time to time but its worth remembering that its a football club and not a full on dedicated streaming service. I'm sure things will be better next season though. 

Yet they still take people’s money to provide the live service.. People should express their disappointment.. 

I don’t bother with it but week after week you see posts saying, it’s dropped off, I cannot get on.. The club have sold it as a finished product have they not? 

58 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Yet they still take people’s money to provide the live service.. People should express their disappointment.. 

I don’t bother with it but week after week you see posts saying, it’s dropped off, I cannot get on.. The club have sold it as a finished product have they not? 

That's the thing, I can accept maybe there would be some teething problems at the beginning but can't see why they're still going on a game from the end of the season.

Seems the whole web based stuff at the club is getting worse rather than better with the online ticket buying a total disaster now when it worked fine at start of season ,, with rt it’s not just the money thing it’s the frustration and disappointment it causes when you are looking forward to and all set up to watch a game then can’t get anything or just bits and pieces ,, they really need to get on it , thought mel would have been all over the IT stuff

4 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Yeah of course people have the right to be disappointed if it doesn't work. Bear in mind that there was no way of knowing if it will work without actually doing it though. 

Did anyone try Sky Go in its early days? That wasn't good and that was Sky trying it and i paid a lot more for Sky. Works okay now but resolution still drops and freezes sometimes. I am just saying compare it to similar things and they also have problems, doesn't make it okay but can see that its a difficult thing to do.