RamsTV Feedback

Gringo

Martin fisher is the best commentator for me.

owen...not bad.but a bit over obsessed with trying to confirm all the southampton subs.

Owen...we're not that bothered.

Edited by RamNut

3 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

@OwenB87 the current audio on RamsTV for this game is perfect. If there's any way to pass the message along for it to stay like this for the season it would be massively appreciated ?

Also, any news on the pup? Hope all is well mate 

Will do. I’m not sure if we did anything differently today!

Thanks for asking about the pooch - she’s getting there, thank you. 

@OwenB87 don’t know where else I should ask this, or to who, but is there any chance that the app could be put on Apple TV? I know that the league games can’t be cast on to a tv screen but all the other videos can and it would make it easer. I imagine it wouldn’t be so difficult to keep the same limitations as casting from iPhone or iPad.

Agree with a few others.

Owen has done a good job on commentary. Better than either jack woodhouse or ed dawes. And shane isalways excellent. 

Nice one Melvyn. 

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

Agree with a few others.

Owen has done a good job on commentary. Better than either jack woodhouse or ed dawes. And shane isalways excellent. 

Nice one Melvyn. 

Thanks for the kind words.

TV comms is a very different skill to radio. Though I think TV & radio combined I've only done maybe 30 commentaries over eight years.

Martin Fisher is the man, IMHO.

@OwenB87 any chance you can use some special effects to look like we had some fans in the ground to watch the Southampton game?

Crikey after all the talk from Frank about us fans and then one man and his dog spot, turn up, for his first game at Pride Park.

Unless everyone was hiding off camera in the East Stand? What was the attendance?

2jes2u9.png

40 minutes ago, OwenB87 said:

Thanks for the kind words.

TV comms is a very different skill to radio. Though I think TV & radio combined I've only done maybe 30 commentaries over eight years.

Martin Fisher is the man, IMHO.

lives round the corner in west bridgford. famously did the 'only got 10 men' commentary a few years ago at the red rec. 

On 21/07/2018 at 17:43, RamNut said:

Martin fisher is the best commentator for me.

owen...not bad.but a bit over obsessed with trying to confirm all the southampton subs.

Owen...we're not that bothered.

IK you're only joking but in fairness there were a lot of Saints fans on their forum who'd paid the fiver to watch the game on RamsTV. Decent effort on OB's part.

56 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

@OwenB87 any chance you can use some special effects to look like we had some fans in the ground to watch the Southampton game?

Crikey after all the talk from Frank about us fans and then one man and his dog spot, turn up, for his first game at Pride Park.

Unless everyone was hiding off camera in the East Stand? What was the attendance?

2jes2u9.png

East Stand was busy in middle block, not at edges where most of the highlighted action is. South Standers were mainly up back (and making a decent amount of noise up there.) West Stand probably busiest but you never see that on tv. 

58 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

IK you're only joking but in fairness there were a lot of Saints fans on their forum who'd paid the fiver to watch the game on RamsTV. Decent effort on OB's part.

Yeah I had a read through their forum after the game and usually when fans are forced to watch with the opposition's commentary there's plenty of complaints about bias and a lack of research about their team, even when it's free for them to watch. I didn't see a single complaint from Saints fans about Owen and Marc's commentary 

Just now, Cam the Ram said:

Yeah I had a read through their forum after the game and usually when fans are forced to watch with the opposition's commentary there's plenty of complaints about bias and a lack of research about their team, even when it's free for them to watch. I didn't see a single complaint from Saints fans about Owen and Marc's commentary 

Not a one.

In fact they treated it so much like a regular commentary one or two of them were using Owen's comments on Soton's performance to back up their own points. Which is pretty remarkable.

Testament to the quality! 

4 minutes ago, CapeTownRam said:

Website not!

I presume it’s easier for the app to get your precise location due to being on a mobile device. I appreciate that on a computer they can get your IP location but it’s probably more of a problem to build into the website. Perhaps @David can shed some light 

Edited by richinspain
Added last sentence

3 minutes ago, Will the Ram said:

Is the pre-match show on now? All I’m getting is a black blank screen.

EDIT:

I’m now getting an up next screen

usually starts 15 mins before the game, but no pre-match show on the app today. If you want to watch that then you'll need to watch it on a desktop 

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2018/07/watch-derbys-penultimate-pre-season-clash-at-coventry-live-on-ramstv

14 minutes ago, richinspain said:

I presume it’s easier for the app to get your precise location due to being on a mobile device. I appreciate that on a computer they can get your IP location but it’s probably more of a problem to build into the website. Perhaps @David can shed some light 

I don't know how the clubs website has built to say how big of a job it would be, but using IP addresses to set time zones is possible, same as mobiles yeah