RamsTV Feedback

Gringo

1 hour ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Did anyone get it working? 

What’s the process for applying for a refund?

Mine worked better when I found out it doesn’t support edge and I had to open with chrome. Kicked me out after 23 minutes but after a 2 minute restart the rest of the game was fine. Decent quality and nice to have a change from RD commentary too.

2 hours ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Did anyone get it working? 

What’s the process for applying for a refund?

Email the support that’s listed on the page, they’ll look into it and refund if you didn’t get the service and was in fact in the country that you say you were.  (They can check and know when you’re not really there btw)

6 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Email the support that’s listed on the page, they’ll look into it and refund if you didn’t get the service and was in fact in the country that you say you were.  (They can check and know when you’re not really there btw)

I think he’s from Mali in West Africa.

26 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Cheers. I’m in Newcastle. Nothing exotic. Unless you’re from Sunderland. The tech support team stop comms after they advised re chrome. 

I forked out £10 to watch this game live. I was really disappointed that the crowd noise was so muted that it was practically non-existent and thus there was no atmosphere. I found that the commentators felt obliged to fill every second with what can only be described as patronising,irrelevant drivel.They should be informed that less is more, as we do have eyes. I did try to have the sound muted with the Radio Derby commentary on but the two were out of sync. It was great to actually watch the match bit I think I will stick to radio Derby in future as you can really hear the crowd and savour the atmosphere plus the commentators never fail to make me laugh.

Love Rams TV and commented earlier in the season about two 'suggestions for improvement' (which, for once, isn't a euphemism).

With my professional background, I fully understand why the annual subscription option may have been deemed too costly to retain but it'd be silly of me to pass up the opportune moment to reiterate the case for its reinstatement: as an Australian Rams TV audio subscriber at present, the past month has seen us broadcast at least four of the past five matches (I think; Norwich was the only match not broadcast here...of all the matches!)

You'd be 'cray cray' to stump up for a broadcast subscription this month. Had I the annual option, Derby would have my dollars (converted into a tishload of pounds) months ago and I wouldn't have to even think about whether to go broadcast or audio each month...

Nor is that an especially easy process (and very painful if you miss the renewal date)...

So, please, in the event that we're ever in the Championship after this season, reconsider the annual option ?

NB: The other suggestion remains a brilliant one too (if I do say so myself): permit the matching of Radio Derby descriptions with the telecast please. I'd be happy to pay a premium for the ability to do that...and recognise that aligning them is my problem. ?

Edited by EssendonRam

4 hours ago, EssendonRam said:

Love Rams TV and commented earlier in the season about two 'suggestions for improvement' (which, for once, isn't a euphemism).

With my professional background, I fully understand why the annual subscription option may have been deemed too costly to retain but it'd be silly of me to pass up the opportune moment to reiterate the case for its reinstatement: as an Australian Rams TV audio subscriber at present, the past month has seen us broadcast at least four of the past five matches (I think; Norwich was the only match not broadcast here...of all the matches!)

You'd be 'cray cray' to stump up for a broadcast subscription this month. Had I the annual option, Derby would have my dollars (converted into a tishload of pounds) months ago and I wouldn't have to even think about whether to go broadcast or audio each month...

Nor is that an especially easy process (and very painful if you miss the renewal date)...

So, please, in the event that we're ever in the Championship after this season, reconsider the annual option ?

NB: The other suggestion remains a brilliant one too (if I do say so myself): permit the matching of Radio Derby descriptions with the telecast please. I'd be happy to pay a premium for the ability to do that...and recognise that aligning them is my problem. ?

Both of these are superb suggestions.

For yesterday's game I just had to turn off the video commentary it was sooo bad.

I listened to Radio Derby on my phone and watched TV. Even though it lagged about 20 seconds behind the video, it was preferable to the commentator on Rams TV.

6 hours ago, EssendonRam said:

I must say, I remain slightly baffled by the desire of many for this.

The biggest complaint I see about Jack's commentary is that he talks too much . . . you'd get even more talking from the radio comms, if anything!

As I'm learning from doing 23s, 18s and the odd first-team game, commentating for TV is a very different skill to radio commentary. 

Technically I think it's too much of a challenge for us to sort anyway. 

On your other suggestion, I'll mention it again here, but I don't really have any say on that side of things!

7 minutes ago, OwenB87 said:

The biggest complaint I see about Jack's commentary is that he talks too much . . . you'd get even more talking from the radio comms, if anything!

As I'm learning from doing 23s, 18s and the odd first-team game, commentating for TV is a very different skill to radio commentary. 

On your other suggestion, I'll mention it again here, but I don't really have any say on that side of things!

No please. Anything but....

jack has improved a lot. He was certainly good v Norwich. Him and Johnno even correctly predicted a Derby win at 3-2 down.

plus the gems...."Bird comes on to face the Canaries"' , "a chance to put his name in lights!" Etc.

I think in the early days he was nervous and had swatted up on the Rams, and was therefore prone to fill any gap with researched info.

Ed Dawes! It would be an absolute nightmare.

14 minutes ago, OwenB87 said:

I agree with what you're saying, but maybe they just prefer the incessant talking of the Radio Derby pair to the RamsTV pair? Personally I don't mind the official pair, and do like Shane Nicholson's input.

18 minutes ago, richinspain said:

I agree with what you're saying, but maybe they just prefer the incessant talking of the Radio Derby pair to the RamsTV pair? Personally I don't mind the official pair, and do like Shane Nicholson's input.

Yes! Shane ????

he really is!

3 hours ago, OwenB87 said:

The biggest complaint you should get about Jack is that he feels the need to tut every 5 seconds. How do you get a job as a public broadcaster when you've got a verbal tic?

Just now, Boycie said:

Maybe it’s the brummie accent that grinds peoples gears?

Owen is right, if we had RD doing the coms it would be constant talk,  but not in brummay.

Partially right from my perspective but I can sense in his core he is not a Derby supporter and at best he is neutral no matter how hard he will try.  He is not that good a commentator to compensate for this either.  

20 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

Both of these are superb suggestions.

For yesterday's game I just had to turn off the video commentary it was sooo bad.

I listened to Radio Derby on my phone and watched TV. Even though it lagged about 20 seconds behind the video, it was preferable to the commentator on Rams TV.

Pro-tip: If you're a video subscriber, you can actually log in twice simultaneously; once on the app and once on the DCFC website.

If you click on audio for one and video on the other, you can pause the video to reduce the lag...

It does seem to work better (ie it's more malleable) if you select the video on one in particular - the website, I think - but it ultimately doesn't matter as it works whichever way you do it.?

19 hours ago, OwenB87 said:

My preference is FOR the Radio Derby team, not AGAINST the Rams TV commentary TBH.

Jack's not my favourite but I don't really have an issue with his commentary.

But, as an Australian, Radio Derby has been my connection to the club for years. I was an early subscriber to the previous app (the name of which momentarily escapes me) and switched to Rams TV from the start.

For all of the frustrating aspects of the Radio Derby coverage, I'm used to channelling my passion for the club via Rampage...and enjoy him for almost the same reasons most Derbyshire-based fans find him annoying.

15 hours ago, Spanish said:

Partially right from my perspective but I can sense in his core he is not a Derby supporter and at best he is neutral no matter how hard he will try.  He is not that good a commentator to compensate for this either.  

With the risk of going a little off-topic here, that's something else I've never understood. Doesn't matter to me one jot who a commentator supports. But it's all personal preference eh!

19 minutes ago, OwenB87 said:

With the risk of going a little off-topic here, that's something else I've never understood. Doesn't matter to me one jot who a commentator supports. But it's all personal preference eh!

Not sure if you’ve noticed but as a fan base we suffer from paranoia.  

Sky Sports hate us, Prutton and Goodman hate us, the BBC hate us, Daily Mirror and Mail hate us, Kenny Bur....forget that one.

With everyone hating us I’m not surprised at the requests to have a Derby County fan commentate, one of our own.

Call me weird but I tend to zone out from all TV commentators, mix it into the background noise coming from the Dog, I can see what’s going on with my eyes. 

The personal preference thing is key here, you will never please everyone regardless of who you stick behind the microphone. 

Even the much loved Graham Richards has his dislikers.

You could say we’re all just a bit different and I like it that way.