RamsTV Feedback

Gringo

• 2 weeks later...

I was a bit disappointed with my first Rams TV match. Nothing wrong with the commentary and reasonable camera angles, but the quality of the stream was very poor. It was jerky and at times like watching a lagging online Xbox game.

Add in that a one match pass costs 20% more than a Now TV one off game. 

Is this level of streaming quality normal ? Or did I just get a bad night ? 

Bit like an old school report .. could do better 

3 minutes ago, jono said:

I was a bit disappointed with my first Rams TV match. Nothing wrong with the commentary and reasonable camera angles, but the quality of the stream was very poor. It was jerky and at times like watching a lagging online Xbox game.

Add in that a one match pass costs 20% more than a Now TV one off game. 

Is this level of streaming quality normal ? Or did I just get a bad night ? 

Bit like an old school report .. could do better 

On 14/02/2019 at 10:51, Spanish said:

great picture, good audio and no glitches whatsoever.  Sometimes I think it is down to the quality of the wifi at the user end of the process.  I can't fault the service pity the football is meh.

as previously mentioned

Well worth rebooting your router prior to watching games.

This is contrary to what the engineer who installed mine said, he said never do it but I find that an occasional reboot leaving off for at 20 seconds works wonders.

Also - worth considering when you last used the device you are watching on.  Windows machines in particular, if they suddenly decide to start updating during your viewing this could also affect what you are watching.

On Windows I also give mine a good scan for crap using anti-spyware software beforehand, always load of crap on there, I am not an expert but that seems to do the trick too. I always do a reboot after this and make sure i have let my laptop boot up and logged in in plenty of time so its stopped its 'whirring' before i try and connect.

Would be nice for a Windows 10 app for this, anything i watch in Apps on my Laptop, NowTV, BT Sport, works better than viewed from the website.

It’s also worth checking your task manager, see if anything is eating up your internet, anti virus software downloading a large update in the background for example.

Ask little Billy upstairs if he’s on his Xbox or watching YouTube, if you’re on a budget internet package with a family that could be streaming/downloading things you’d rather not know about in their bedrooms that can impact your connection.

We have 50meg down for 2 of us so never an issue, but a family of 4 on a 10 down is asking for trouble. I understand some rural areas that maybe the best you can get, but you won’t have any sympathy from the websites, lock the kids up in the wardrobe when Derby are on, they should be watching it with you anyway but I’m not here to offer parental advice as well.

Browser plugins can also tinker with how websites work, especially those pesky ad blockers. You don’t want to see ads we get it, but those blockers use resources and can block things they are not meant to. 

Finally use Chrome, can’t stress the importance of this, step away from those Microsoft browsers it’s free, takes a minute to install and your whole internet experience will be greatly improved!

If other fans are watching the game fine with no issues you have to look at your own setup, I saw one on Wednesday complain of an echo, turns out they had multiple tabs open! 

The echo has happened to me a couple of times on my iPhone and iPad. Turns out the stream had frozen for a few seconds and instead of entering in multitask and closing the app I pressed close on the full screen. When the new stream opened the old one did too and I could hear it in the background.

Away game stream quality always seem to be inferior to the ones at PP. I notice at times the picture quality drops yet the scoreboard graphic remains clear. Wonder if this is due to inferior set ups - which would be understandable due to cost.

On ‎16‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 10:13, David said:

Browser plugins can also tinker with how websites work, especially those pesky ad blockers. You don’t want to see ads we get it, but those blockers use resources and can block things they are not meant to. 

Finally use Chrome, can’t stress the importance of this, step away from those Microsoft browsers it’s free, takes a minute to install and your whole internet experience will be greatly improved!

If other fans are watching the game fine with no issues you have to look at your own setup, I saw one on Wednesday complain of an echo, turns out they had multiple tabs open

I have been unable to uninstall F-Secure and Adblock Plus properly and now have some fragments of these programs floating around my system, They tend to cause trouble on various websites. Does anyone who knows something about computers know of any cleaner utilities that might help me to get rid of them?

The Android app crashes every time I try to watch live video, even though I have a valid subscription, am abroad, do not use a VPN and enable position tracking. It used to work well, and I haven't a clue why it's suddenly stopped.

The Chrome browser works perfectly on my phone, my tablet and my desktop. I only use Chrome to look at dcfc.co.uk on my desktop though, because I do object to having to log on for my bookmarks so I can be tracked 24/7. I'm probably being tracked anyway.

1 minute ago, A Ram for All Seasons said:

I have been unable to uninstall F-Secure and Adblock Plus properly and now have some fragments of these programs floating around my system, They tend to cause trouble on various websites. Does anyone who knows something about computers know of any cleaner utilities that might help me to get rid of them?

The Android app crashes every time I try to watch live video, even though I have a valid subscription, am abroad, do not use a VPN and enable position tracking. It used to work well, and I haven't a clue why it's suddenly stopped.

The Chrome browser works perfectly on my phone, my tablet and my desktop. I only use Chrome to look at dcfc.co.uk on my desktop though, because I do object to having to log on for my bookmarks so I can be tracked 24/7. I'm probably being tracked anyway.

CCleaner used to be my go to when I ran Windows

https://www.ccleaner.com/

15 hours ago, A Ram for All Seasons said:

You can report any issues with the app by contacting their support team here > support@incrowdsports.com ? 

Edited by SunnyRam

1 hour ago, A Ram for All Seasons said:

The stock reply from the DCFC website people is "use Chrome" and, funnily enough, it usually does the trick.

I have taken their advice to heart and I am now using the Chrome browser on all my devices, even though I always get a pop-up telling me that the Android app will enhance my viewing experience. Sadly not true.

Funny that, they recommend it on the website as well! ? 

BDA57E66-9698-426A-8CE1-DEDFB2FE66D6.jpeg

Honestly though, you won’t look back now. Most websites are optimised for Chrome and Safari browsers, when I wake up each morning I’m grateful that we’re another day closer to the death of Internet Explorer.....yes I’m looking at the 4.89% that still use that to access this forum.

10 minutes ago, A Ram for All Seasons said:

I read somewhere that the next version of Microsoft Edge will be based on the same engine that powers Chrome, so even the diehard 4.89% won't be able to escape Google's iron grip for ever.

To be honest I think the 4.89% are those that should be working, on work computers which the company has locked down. 

4.82% are using Edge which I’m guessing are people that are uncomfortable installing new browsers and just use what’s on the machine out the box. 

48 minutes ago, David said:

To be honest I think the 4.89% are those that should be working, on work computers which the company has locked down. 

4.82% are using Edge which I’m guessing are people that are uncomfortable installing new browsers and just use what’s on the machine out the box. 

I can't even do a waving emoji to go with this!