RamsTV Feedback

Gringo

4 minutes ago, David said:

Not sure if you’ve noticed but as a fan base we suffer from paranoia.  

Sky Sports hate us, Prutton and Goodman hate us, the BBC hate us, Daily Mirror and Mail hate us, Kenny Bur....forget that one.

With everyone hating us I’m not surprised at the requests to have a Derby County fan commentate, one of our own.

Call me weird but I tend to zone out from all TV commentators, mix it into the background noise coming from the Dog, I can see what’s going on with my eyes. 

The personal preference thing is key here, you will never please everyone regardless of who you stick behind the microphone. 

Even the much loved Graham Richards has his dislikers.

You could say we’re all just a bit different and I like it that way.

Oh I'm well aware of the paranoia mate! Which always makes me chuckle, because most of the media types I come across tend to have a soft spot for Derby!

I'll always go back to Bloomers - excellent journalist, broadcaster, and a good commentator. But got stick because he wasn't a Derby fan - bonkers.

1 hour ago, David said:

Sky Sports hate us, Prutton and Goodman hate us, the BBC hate us, Daily Mirror and Mail hate us, Kenny Bur....forget that one.

With everyone hating us I’m not surprised at the requests to have a Derby County fan commentate, one of our own.

Call me weird but I tend to zone out from all TV commentators, mix it into the background noise coming from the Dog, I can see what’s going on with my eyes. 

The personal preference thing is key here, you will never please everyone regardless of who you stick behind the microphone. 

Has anything more correct than those words ever been said?

And you forgot to mention those damn gypsies. They have it in for us as well.

1 hour ago, David said:

I think with Don Goodman there is certainly a case of negativity towards us. I'm not sure if he is intentionally doing it (either he over compensates because he actually likes us or he just doesn't like us) or if he just genuinely doesn't realise he is it doing it. 

16 minutes ago, rynny said:

I think with Don Goodman there is certainly a case of negativity towards us. I'm not sure if he is intentionally doing it (either he over compensates because he actually likes us or he just doesn't like us) or if he just genuinely doesn't realise he is it doing it. 

Point proven. ?

1 hour ago, OwenB87 said:

I'm guessing you mean Martin Fisher, from Match of the Day.

He actually had a stint as the Forest commentator at Radio Nottm. Did it fantastically well, despite being a Ram!

I think the common used term is “agent Fisher” when talking about such activities.

Was it the season when they got relegated?  Good work.

7 hours ago, EssendonRam said:

My preference is FOR the Radio Derby team, not AGAINST the Rams TV commentary TBH.

Jack's not my favourite but I don't really have an issue with his commentary.

But, as an Australian, Radio Derby has been my connection to the club for years. I was an early subscriber to the previous app (the name of which momentarily escapes me) and switched to Rams TV from the start.

For all of the frustrating aspects of the Radio Derby coverage, I'm used to channelling my passion for the club via Rampage...and enjoy him for almost the same reasons most Derbyshire-based fans find him annoying.

Hear hear!

This is almost exactly how I feel about it. Grew up in Derby, now live in Tokyo, previously lived in Australia. Radio Derby has offered a connection to the club for years. I like listening to Ramage and Ed. 

I try to sync the video with Radio Derby every match but that's because I prefer RD. It's not because I hate the video commentary - I don't.  It's fine. 

I suppose one thing I've noticed is that it feels and sounds as though the RD team are right in the thick of it at the game, whereas the in-house commentary team is sitting in a room watching a TV screen.  Not sure whether that's the reality and I admit that I haven't listened to it much to really know whether this is always the case. 

It's nice to have the choice.

2 hours ago, RamO said:

Hear hear!

This is almost exactly how I feel about it. Grew up in Derby, now live in Tokyo, previously lived in Australia. Radio Derby has offered a connection to the club for years. I like listening to Ramage and Ed. 

I try to sync the video with Radio Derby every match but that's because I prefer RD. It's not because I hate the video commentary - I don't.  It's fine. 

I suppose one thing I've noticed is that it feels and sounds as though the RD team are right in the thick of it at the game, whereas the in-house commentary team is sitting in a room watching a TV screen.  Not sure whether that's the reality and I admit that I haven't listened to it much to really know whether this is always the case. 

It's nice to have the choice.

I fear you’re right about them not actually being there.  I think it was confirmed when we made a sub at the same time as Norwich did and it was only mentioned by Mr Woodward as the camera panned across a little.

The disallowed goal at Millwall last year wound me up anorl, he was really celebrating we’d scored until the camera cut to the lineman with his flamin flag up.

Owh I was a bit angry that time.

13 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I fear you’re right about them not actually being there.  I think it was confirmed when we made a sub at the same time as Norwich did and it was only mentioned by Mr Woodward as the camera panned across a little.

The disallowed goal at Millwall last year wound me up anorl, he was really celebrating we’d scored until the camera cut to the lineman with his flamin flag up.

Owh I was a bit angry that time.

I'm sure that is the case, so I cut Jack a little slack, it must be really hard to commentate watching a TV screen rather than the live action.

6 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I'm sure that is the case, so I cut Jack a little slack, it must be really hard to commentate watching a TV screen rather than the live action.

Oh I agree, now I think it’s probably the case I adjust my reaction accordingly.   But I remember that Anya goal like it was yesterday.

I think it’s time I made like the Frozen film.

3 hours ago, reveldevil said:

The club could be a bit slower with the Twitter updates, I knew Boro had scored the other day before the ball even reached Friend!

I remember the old app had a full 7-8 minute lag one day. It was usually no more than 1-3 minutes behind but, geez, when it blew out, it could really blow out.

I used to monitor the Gameday Discussion page in this forum when the lag was worse than normal.

It's incredible how superior the Rams TV service is to the old app when you think about it.

47 minutes ago, EssendonRam said:

I remember the old app had a full 7-8 minute lag one day. It was usually no more than 1-3 minutes behind but, geez, when it blew out, it could really blow out.

I used to monitor the Gameday Discussion page in this forum when the lag was worse than normal.

It's incredible how superior the Rams TV service is to the old app when you think about it.

I'm not even on Twitter, but I was watching with my son, who is. 

Ping, looks at phone then mutters FFS!

Told him to leave it in another room for the rest of the game, you'd have thought I'd asked to saw his arm off the look he gave me!

33 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I'm not even on Twitter, but I was watching with my son, who is. 

Ping, looks at phone then mutters FFS!

Told him to leave it in another room for the rest of the game, you'd have thought I'd asked to saw his arm off the look he gave me!

Stay away from Twitter as long as you can. I ended up abandoning my Twitter account because I found it was getting overrun by weirdos...

But your post reminded me that the lag in the broadcast was much longer than usual on the day of the match at Rotherham a few seasons ago (you know which one!).

It was torture that day. Hearing the ping as you say and then listening to Craig Ramage almost exploding as Rotherham clawed back goal after goal.

Just now, EssendonRam said:

Stay away from Twitter as long as you can. I ended up abandoning my Twitter account because I found it was getting overrun by weirdos...

But your post reminded me that the lag in the broadcast was much longer than usual on the day of the match at Rotherham a few seasons ago (you know which one!).

It was torture that day. Hearing the ping as you say and then listening to Craig Ramage almost exploding as Rotherham clawed back goal after goal.

I remember that day well.

From giving Wassall a verbal volley (admittedly not my finest moment), to singing along with Old Blue Eyes was about 5 seconds, maybe we should whack Frank on after every disappointing match!

Certainly chilled me out.

4 hours ago, reveldevil said:

I remember that day well.

From giving Wassall a verbal volley (admittedly not my finest moment), to singing along with Old Blue Eyes was about 5 seconds, maybe we should whack Frank on after every disappointing match!

Certainly chilled me out.

Hi Jason, how's life at Lincoln City?