Matty James

Derbylad01

So confused by these Leicester players getting linked to excellent clubs. Mahrez to Arsenal or Roma, Gray to Spurs or Dortmund and now Drinkwater to Chelsea. If they're that good why did they finish 12th this year. Having said that, Kante did well at Leicester, but most fans appreciated how he could've been considered their most important player when they won the league. 

Edit: i missed Derby off the list of excellent clubs that Leicester players are being linked to :lol:.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Leicester will really struggle to replace Mahrez. My only concern with this would be that Gray may have been given an indication that he is not going to feature that much (again) and so Tom Lawrence is promoted closer to the starting line up (at least until they find adequate replacements).

Tom Lawrence is no Ryad Mahrez, or Demari Gray though so I can only see Leicester reinvesting again (beyond Ihenachi) who I would presume would not be intending to play anywhere other than centre forward.

I can therefore see this rumbling along for a while yet.  Queue DCFC announcing Lawrence as a new signing tomorrow.....

53 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Given that we were linked with James, that this now looks unlikely and that the three midfield options vying for two places ahead of Huddlestone are ineffectual, should we not be linked with other midfield players? 

Yes it's interesting that he and Brannagan (more of a number 10 and with less experience) are the only midfielders linked. Yet we have been linked with 7 or 8 wingers/wide forwards.

Huddlestone apart we looked really poor in CM v Sunderland so hopefully GR has something up his sleeve.

It's More a case of partnerships in midfield for me but I do not think Butterfield and Johnson are a good partnership and logically Johnson is the one to start because in this league he can score fairly regularly and is very decent in the air in all reality and we need active legs around him and Huddlestone 

6 hours ago, sage said:

Yes it's interesting that he and Brannagaavailability a number 10 and with le ss experience) are the only midfielders linked. Yet we have been linked with 7 or 8 wingers/wide forwards.

Huddlestone apart we looked really poor in CM v Sunderland so hopefully GR has something up his sleeve.

I would sooner not be linked with all and sundry and alert competitors to players availability . That then sparks a bidding war that we invariably loose to Villa.  ............mind you we have dodged a coupld of expensive Turkeys !

17 hours ago, 86 points said:

Can anyone seriously see us getting James? I'd love him to join the club but of all our current known targets, this seems the least likely to happen. Hopefully I've got it completely wrong but he's surely part of Fester's plans for this season.

Perfect for us and definitely what we are missing but agree he's very unlikely unfortunately

1 hour ago, oldtimeram said:

Seems as if everyone is unlikely at the moment.  These deals should have been completed before the season started IMO.

Most Premier League to lower league loans occur towards the end of the window when the Prem teams have a more settled idea of who is likely to start or bench. 

7 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

Ok fair do's.  

I just think this Lawrence saga is getting a bit ridiculous now though.  We should move on and tell Leicester where to stuff this proposed deal

It's only a saga on here - Rowett has stated we're interested and there are reports of a rejected bid - we're the folk that have managed a 235 page thread based on very little else.....

1 hour ago, oldtimeram said:

Seems as if everyone is unlikely at the moment.  These deals should have been completed before the season started IMO.

Would you rather start the season with a squad of Blackman's and Camara's, bought based purely on form and for over-inflated prices; or wait a little longer to try and secure better quality players, which it seems is what Rowett is trying to do...?

1 hour ago, YorkshireRam said:

Would you rather start the season with a squad of Blackman's and Camara's, bought based purely on form and for over-inflated prices; or wait a little longer to try and secure better quality players, which it seems is what Rowett is trying to do...?

Camara isn't here any more.

1 minute ago, jimbobram said:

Camara isn't here any more.

That's not his point, his point is players bought from a purple patch of form, not necessarily with standing of their career previously, and the two examples he used fits his point.

Archived