Matty James

Derbylad01

4 hours ago, Warren Hobhead said:

Having looked at his stats from last year, it appears he played in every game for Barnsley once he joined them, except one where he was at the birth of his child. 

I've read their forum and Leicester's and not really seen a bad word for him. The same on twitter. Barnsley fans think he was their best player once he signed and Leicester fans want him in their first team. 

Rare to get such universal approval. 

Please make this happen, Mel.

Surely that would change if he was to come here?

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2

We need a CDM, to replace or cover for thorne. £ 4 million sounds a lot and we have plenty of other holes to fill.

9 hours ago, Warren Hobhead said:

Having looked at his stats from last year, it appears he played in every game for Barnsley once he joined them, except one where he was at the birth of his child. 

I've read their forum and Leicester's and not really seen a bad word for him. The same on twitter. Barnsley fans think he was their best player once he signed and Leicester fans want him in their first team. 

Rare to get such universal approval. 

Please make this happen, Mel.

Sounds like the perfect scapegoat after Keogh leaves then, make this happen Mel! ?

1 hour ago, PistoldPete2 said:

We need a CDM, to replace or cover for thorne. £ 4 million sounds a lot and we have plenty of other holes to fill.

We do, but weve just sold the (ahem cough cough) crown jewels so to speak i think we can treat ourselves

i know several leicester STH and they have said for moons what a cracking player he is 

im sure gaz raz has a plan for the rest of the loot we picked up from willy, tom and cyrus 

This one is a very big signing if we can pull it off ,, put him in there with Thorne or huddlestone and we really getting a good blend 

He played the first 45 minutes against West Brom (and captained us) in the pre-season game just now. Obviously not much to go on, but he looks like he's still got the ability he had before the injury and looked to be one of our best players in that game. I can't see us selling him unless he really wants to go.

45 minutes ago, Foxes Fan said:

He played the first 45 minutes against West Brom (and captained us) in the pre-season game just now. Obviously not much to go on, but he looks like he's still got the ability he had before the injury and looked to be one of our best players in that game. I can't see us selling him unless he really wants to go.

We won't want him now we got Huddlestone.

49 minutes ago, Foxes Fan said:

Thanks for sharing - what did you make of him having his old shirt number taken? (Was 8, now 22 I believe?)

2 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

We won't want him now we got Huddlestone.

Good signing that, poor Hull are getting torn to shreds again. I wouldn't be too surprised to see them very far down the table at the end of this season. 

But I'm not complaining, Maguire looked a beast today and Jakupovic seems like a really good signing for £2.5 million too. 

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

Thanks for sharing - what did you make of him having his old shirt number taken? (Was 8, now 22 I believe?)

There was a fan on our forums who suggested that James may have chosen to take #22 as that was when his baby was born. (Some fans know our players a little too well :lol:).

It is possible that he was asked to change as Iheanacho may want #8. If that's the case I'd feel pretty bad for Matty, but I doubt it is, maybe he just doesn't care about shirt numbers?

4 minutes ago, Foxes Fan said:

Good signing that, poor Hull are getting torn to shreds again. I wouldn't be too surprised to see them very far down the table at the end of this season. 

But I'm not complaining, Maguire looked a beast today and Jakupovic seems like a really good signing for £2.5 million too. 

Maguire is a great signing for you. Jakupovic is a decent back up for Kasper as well. Any notable absentees from the squad today do you know @Foxes Fan? (not injured etc)

1 hour ago, Foxes Fan said:

Would you say the lineup last night was largely reserves or for fitness etc?

Just now, Rample said:

It was this morning (it's in Hong Kong, I think), it was like a 50/50 team, swapped a ton of players throughout.

8 minutes ago, Bosshogg said:

Maguire is a great signing for you. Jakupovic is a decent back up for Kasper as well. Any notable absentees from the squad today do you know @Foxes Fan? (not injured etc)

Nothing notable really. Would have liked to see Harvey Barnes on the pitch but he'll get his chance. All players linked with moves away were playing.

5 minutes ago, Rample said:

Like the above poster said, 50/50 and we made 10 substitutions. Pretty impressive that we managed to scrape a win considering West Brom started with basically their first team and didn't start subbing until towards the end.

Just now, gccrowdpleaser said:

Leicester had £10m bid for Elneny accepted today.. Seems he'll turn the move down to stay in London. Suggests Leicester not entirely comfortable with current options. James may see that as his cue to leave. 

You got a link for that one? Haven't seen that anywhere!

Archived