Matty James

Derbylad01

Matty James would be a fantastic signing for us, that I have no doubts. 

It's just not a priority, well, I suppose after finding two new wingers who can separate themselves from the also-rans already in the squad then it's worth a look. I don't see us doing that much business between now and the end of the window.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 24/07/2017 at 23:05, Ambitious said:

Matty James would be a fantastic signing for us, that I have no doubts. 

It's just not a priority, well, I suppose after finding two new wingers who can separate themselves from the also-rans already in the squad then it's worth a look. I don't see us doing that much business between now and the end of the window.

I would argue that another midfield player is a priority.

If Huddlestone gets injured we are left with last year's midfield, minus Hughes.

That wasn't good enough last year and it won't be this year. We need players who frighten the opposition. Butterfield, Bryson and Johnson won't do that.

14 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

If Huddlestone gets injured we are left with last year's midfield, minus Hughes.

That wasn't good enough last year and it won't be this year. We need players who frighten the opposition. Butterfield, Bryson won't do that.

FTFY

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

That wasn't good enough last year and it won't be this year. We need players who frighten the opposition. Butterfield, Bryson and Johnson won't do that.

But this season we have Martin back and hopefully Forsyth and Thorne for most of the season 

We need another CM in as we haven't replaced Hughes, Huddlestone coming in is in a position that we needed to sign someone for anyway even with Hughes still at the club. If we are to go 433 we need someone better than Bryson + Butterfield imo and James would fill that - a 3 of Huddlestone, Johnson and James would be quality.

Honest opinion of Matty James, huge part of our promotion winning team, when he came back in the side when we went on that run to stay in the premier league he was instrumental alongside Cambiasso (who only by name got all the plaudits).

my order currently for central midfielders.

1. N'didi

2. James

3. Drinkwater

4. Iborra ( Has the pedigree but not seen enough yet).

5. Amartey

6. King

A lot of Leicester fans think because he was injured or that because he was playing for Barnsley last season that means he isn't good enough now, it's crazy.

if he was quicker he wouldn't be playing for Leicester that's for sure.

13 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

From what I gather he's ahead of Mendy, Amartey and King in the eyes of a lot of Leicester fans. 

Pre-season is pre-season but so far Matty has looked as good, if not better than he did before the injury. Drinkwater was our best player in the first half of last season, but for various reasons he didn't play as well in the second half. Whether or not Drinky gets back to his best, I still think James has a chance of finding himself in the starting eleven as he is a quality player and has shown that he's willing to work hard. 

This time last year I spent weeks hiding in Owen Bradley's closet (with the puffa jackets) in the hope of stealing a march of transfer news but to no avail.  With Owen on here all the time these days that sort of subterfuge just isn't going to work anymore (what with the restraining order an all).  So I've resorted to a new tactic to garner #ITK status / kudos.  Don't want to give too much away but I'll just mention the word google ;)

Anyway, just found photographic evidence that Matty James and Steve Howard were good friends back in the day.  I wonder if the 'Budget Shearer' will be putting in a good word for us?

07bqjgyfbzfpjqy0.jpg?djet1p5k

3 hours ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

This time last year I spent weeks hiding in Owen Bradley's closet (with the puffa jackets) in the hope of stealing a march of transfer news but to no avail.  With Owen on here all the time these days that sort of subterfuge just isn't going to work anymore (what with the restraining order an all).  So I've resorted to a new tactic to garner #ITK status / kudos.  Don't want to give too much away but I'll just mention the word google ;)

Anyway, just found photographic evidence that Matty James and Steve Howard were good friends back in the day.  I wonder if the 'Budget Shearer' will be putting in a good word for us?

07bqjgyfbzfpjqy0.jpg?djet1p5k

I've been waiting for this all summer!

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

But Stevie Howard left us...to go to Fester lol

Sure he had a great time here though. He scored a goal at OT in the Prem for us after all! 

I meant I've been looking forward to seeing where Will Hughes Hair will end up hiding...

5 hours ago, r4derby said:

Sure he had a great time here though. He scored a goal at OT in the Prem for us after all! 

I meant I've been looking forward to seeing where Will Hughes Hair will end up hiding...

I've been in Stratford on Avon all day looking for the Leicester managers house. Sshhh don't tell anyone ;)

Archived