Matty James

Derbylad01

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Srg said:

DET forever breaking the news

Think it's due with the fans are asking the questions. Stop bashing them. 

4 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Think it's due with the fans are asking the questions. Stop bashing them

Just look at their content, either an old interview split into several sections or news taken from other sources. For a local paper they don't appear to have close ties to the Club.

I think the DET are a product of our times. Click-bait and recycling content are the only model that seems to work for local news. 

Who buys a paper nowadays? I don't. (Miss the Green 'Un though). Who would pay for DET to produce quality content of their own?

Shouldn't we give them a break then?

They've got one asset and thats Steve Nicholson. Good sports journalist. Can't do miracles, but works with what he's got and is reliable and normally among the first to break a Rams story.

Leicester are the new Watford! Let's overpay for these 2 and then give them our best youngster for peanuts this time next year... :ph34r:

Seriously if these 2 are our only additions between now and the end of the window I think I'd be happy enough with that, although ideally another winger aswell.

3 minutes ago, needles said:

I think the DET are a product of our times. Click-bait and recycling content are the only model that seems to work for local news. 

Who buys a paper nowadays? I don't. (Miss the Green 'Un though). Who would pay for DET to produce quality content of their own?

They've got one asset and thats Steve Nicholson. Good sports journalist. Can't do miracles, but works with what he's got and is reliable and normally among the first to break a Rams story.

Your getting mixed up with SDSR and Mackworthram ?

Oh and not forgetting Alan Nixon ?

35 minutes ago, needles said:

Example?I will happily stand to be corrected.

4 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Example?I will happily stand to be corrected.

Note the word "among".

Lets be right, in these times the media are pretty much redundant. The club connects directly with us through the website, Rams TV ad twitter. They've even got Gibbo on the staff.

Within an hour of anything breaking, everyone has got it. If you wanted to rely on the DET, you could, and still not be so far behind the curve.

3 minutes ago, needles said:

Note the word "among".

Lets be right, in these times the media are pretty much redundant. The club connects directly with us through the website, Rams TV ad twitter. They've even got Gibbo on the staff.

Within an hour of anything breaking, everyone has got it. If you wanted to rely on the DET, you could, and still not be so far behind the curve.

I agree, once one outlet publicises something every man and his dog are onto it. Just seems like they don't have any direct link with the club. All interviews are lifted from the DCFC site a few days after.

1 hour ago, needles said:

They're a product of our time and they've got it tough, that's for sure.

Doesn't mean it isn't complete garbage though.

2 hours ago, Premier ram said:

think Matty James could be our big signing this summer , ticks every box for GR , would love him at PP along with another winger,and the top 6 at least is in our grasp , go get them Gaz

I should imagine Rowett's mobile bill is a large one at the moment-good job that Mel's there to pick up the tab.

Archived