Signed: Tom Huddlestone 2 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I like everything I've seen of him as a central midfielder - But I want him to get consistent time in a single position - I worry for young, versatile players as they end up being used to plug gaps and don't get chance to learn one position really well

True that, hard to break through if nobody is really sure where your best position is. I certainly don't think it is at full back though.

9 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

True that, hard to break through if nobody is really sure where your best position is. I certainly don't think it is at full back though.

Agreed - I like him as a proper centre mid - Not a defensive mid as he's a little too small - But he's got a decent pass and a decent engine and can tackle - He's not shy of getting involved either - Think he'd be a great combative force in the 2 of the 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-2-3

10 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Omg @MACKWORTHRAM just confirmed Huddlestone and Lawrence are definitely signing. Any news on Jota? When's Jota joining them?

Where? This had better not be fake news otherwise I will be petitioning the Mods to come wielding the ban hammer in your direction :angry:

3 hours ago, McLovin said:

I think if we sign him, it will sadly confirm that Thorne's Derby career is close to being over unfortunately. Yes his hamstring injury is only a grade 1 but they can quickly escalate if not properly attended. Kompany and Aguero's hamstring injuries for Man City originally started off as minor before eventually escalating. 

I thought Kompany had a calf problem?

17 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Agreed - I like him as a proper centre mid - Not a defensive mid as he's a little too small - But he's got a decent pass and a decent engine and can tackle - He's not shy of getting involved either - Think he'd be a great combative force in the 2 of the 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-2-3

I thought Hanson was pretty anonymous last night. If you didn't look out for him you wouldn't know he was playing.

1 hour ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I've got a feeling Rowett quite likes the 4231 formation. 

Carson 

Wisdom Keogh Davies Forsyth

Thorne Huddlestone 

Lawrence Butterfield Johnson

Martin/Nugent 

Not exactly that. But just an idea of what we could do. 

You could be right but with the insurance of both Thorne and Huddlestone you could sacrifice one of Butterfield or Johnson to play both Martin and Nugent, thus increasing goalscoring options.

Nugent can create a bit of space for Martin and is clever enough to read Martin's flick ons. 

1 minute ago, EnigmaRam said:

I thought Hanson was pretty anonymous last night. If you didn't look out for him you wouldn't know he was playing.

I thought he did ok but I do believe he is very limited. He gets around the pitch and puts a tackle in without every being very convincing.  At this stage he is simply not god enough and shouldn't be considered an option if we genuinely expect to challenge Top 6.  I expect him to go out on loan to the Championship or League One in the next couple of weeks.

3 hours ago, McLovin said:

Judging by the fact that we got a hamstring injury less than a week after starting full training. It shouldn't happen. Minor injuries are common after long term injuries, but if the minor injuries occur soon after engaging in full time training again, it suggests that the injury wasn't full attended and his muscles weren't trained for intense exercises again.

Most of that is tosh kiddo. 

13 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

"Tom Huddlestone could return to his first club Derby County, who are ready to activate the £2million release clause in his contract at Hull City.

West Bromwich Albion and Newcastle United are among the Premier League clubs considering a move for Huddlestone.

The 30-year-old former Tottenham Hotspur midfielder dropped out of the top-flight with Hull last season.

It is understood that Huddlestone is prepared to play in the Championship and would consider a move to Derby if he can agree terms. 

The former England international made 95 appearances for County before moving to Tottenham for £2.5m in 2005.

Huddlestone is also a target for his old Spurs manager Harry Redknapp, now in charge at Birmingham."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4687140/Derby-make-2m-bid-Hull-midfielder-Tom-Huddlestone.html#ixzz4mZ3INvwX

I thought some posters suggested that we got completely ripped off by the huddlestone transfer and got far less than this amount.

7 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

I thought some posters suggested that we got completely ripped off by the huddlestone transfer and got far less than this amount.

That was probably the maximum fee with add ons, which we probably didn't get.

On 09/07/2017 at 21:01, Derbylad92 said:

Carson

Wisdom Davies Keogh fozy 

Thorne  Huddleston

jota              Lawrence/russell

Martin      nugent/vydra

I would take that team

FTFY :D

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Still not convinced he is good enough to be a first team regular for us to be honest. Would love to be proven wrong.

Derby fans find it exceptionally easy to write a young player off. Not saying you're part of the section that were convinced that Lingard, Livermore, Smith and other young loanees were not good enough for Derby, but there's form!

Archived