Signed: Tom Huddlestone 2 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

19 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Derby fans find it exceptionally easy to write a young player off. Not saying you're part of the section that were convinced that Lingard, Livermore, Smith and other young loanees were not good enough for Derby, but there's form!

It was covered earlier but I think he is a victim of his versatility, he has played a few different positions at a young age therefore doesn't really excel at any of them. 

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I've got a feeling Rowett quite likes the 4231 formation. 

Carson 

Wisdom Keogh Davies Forsyth

Thorne Huddlestone 

Lawrence Butterfield Johnson

Martin/Nugent 

Not exactly that. But just an idea of what we could do. 

That would be the slowest midfield in the Championship and I think we would get slaughtered on the break because of it.

4 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

That would be the slowest midfield in the Championship and I think we would get slaughtered on the break because of it.

Not sure on that, if the two covering midfielders do their job it would prove a real tough unit to break down, although I do agree with the lack of pace in general. Butterfield looks like he is running in treacle a lot of the time.

4 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

I'd like to see a sprint race between huddlestone, Bryson, Thorne, Johnson and Butterfield. All seem pretty slow and I bet there's not much in it. 

Bryson I don;t think is particularly slow

And both him and Johnson are great on the break - They just have more energy than other people - Never seem to require any rest

Just now, cheron85 said:

Bryson I don;t think is particularly slow

And both him and Johnson are great on the break - They just have more energy than other people - Never seem to require any rest

I'm 43 and I guarantee I'm quicker than Bryson. I'd need oxygen at the 100 meter finish line but I'd still finish first.

7 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

I'm 43 and I guarantee I'm quicker than Bryson. I'd need oxygen at the 100 meter finish line but I'd still finish first.

We should set up a race :)

He's got speed 73 on FIFA apparently - Not sure what that means though

7 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

We should set up a race :)

He's got speed 73 on FIFA apparently - Not sure what that means though

He was in Asda shopping on Monday with his rather attractive wife, maybe I should have asked him for a race down the centre isle!

28 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

I'd like to see a sprint race between huddlestone, Bryson, Thorne, Johnson and Butterfield. All seem pretty slow and I bet there's not much in it. 

Bryson seems odd to lump in there as he's fairly nippy. You're right about the rest though but I'd reckon it'd go

1)Butterfield 

2)Johnson

3)Thorne

4) Huddlestone

1 minute ago, brady1993 said:

Bryson seems odd to lump in there as he's fairly nippy. You're right about the rest though but I'd reckon it'd go

1)Butterfield 

2)Johnson

3)Thorne

4) Huddlestone

Bryson is slow as hell, and has the turning circle of a tank for a man of his size. Luckily, he runs the same speed in minute 1 as minute 91, and will run all day. 

13 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

He was in Asda shopping on Monday with his rather attractive wife, maybe I should have asked him for a race down the centre isle!

I'd just like to put in the caveat that she wasn't as attractive as my own wife. Love you Hun!! ??

1 hour ago, EnigmaRam said:

That was probably the maximum fee with add ons, which we probably didn't get.

No way it was add ons with that ownership, cash in hand upfront only. Going straight to Panama.

The Riggot and Christie transfer was the worst, we sold the pair for peanuts. It was a disaster.

7 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

No way it was add ons with that ownership, cash in hand upfront only. Going straight to Panama.

The Riggot and Christie transfer was the worst, we sold the pair for peanuts. It was a disaster.

I think you will find it was. 

3 hours ago, McLovin said:

My point is because Thorne and Huddlestone are near enough the same type of player with the same strengths and weaknesses and Rowett stated that he wants players who are different in the squad. I'd like a different type of defensive midfielder next  to Thorne like Irvine, Matty James or Ryan Woods(who I know you like).

I'm not sold on the idea of Huddlestone and Thorne together either. 

But regarding Rowett not having the same type of player, which I'll take your word for, I wouldn't put too much stock in that. Look at what we've done in the right back position. Christie was a different type of right back to Baird but he's gone. Wisdom however is faster than Baird and isn't as good a crosser or passer, but is nevertheless pretty much the same type of player imo.

25 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

Wasn't the sale of Riggot and Christie under Pickering?

Archived