Signed: Tom Huddlestone 2 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

52 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Actually you can't. You have never seen me sprint so your basing this on absolutely nothing, where as I'm basing my statement on seeing Bryson train and run every week. 

He's a professional footballer... it's part of his job to run, half of us probably get a sweat on running a bath! 

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, valleyram said:

U better get used to it as u will be watching him all season , he won't be watching u 

You really confident he will be a first team regular Valley?  Looks like a 4231 season to me - can't really see where he is going to fit in that formation. Don't think he has the discipline in the 2 or enough flair as the man in the hole. Not knocking him - good player, and no doubt Rowett rates him as a grafter, but I don't see him in anything other than a midfield 3.

1 minute ago, DCFC1388 said:

"Also, there's speculation mounting this morning that Derby will step up their approach for Tom Huddlestone by submitting a bid for the City midifelder."

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hull-city-transfer-news-live-194707

RamsTV are on their way up the M1 as we speak to go live outside the Tigers Stadium.

I wonder if we'll get a dildo flash in front of the screen.

10 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Didnt @SuperDerbySuperRams say he would name some names off the list if they werent mentioned early this week?

Wants 2 wingers with one who can play central and 1 midfielder

T.H has a v good chance but would be our highest earner, he lives in Notts so all makes sense. Might hold out for a prem move? 

T.L has a good chance and Leicester want 6 plus healthy add ons. Main target for Gary

Both still training over seas with their clubs so nothing overly close as of last Wednesday

Main other one I heard was Scott Arfield of Burnley, 1 yr left on contract and in similar situation to Boyd, but Burnley not keen to sell. Modou Barrow, Ryan Kent and were other ones but not as keen on them. Few others names but nothing concretes, lots of enquiries at this stage. Didn't hear Sako but Rowett tried to get him just before he left, as did we, so that might be one to look at. List could have changed after the recent income mind. 

As we sit right now I think Lawrence and Huddlestone will get done eventually

2 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

T.H has a v good chance but would be our highest earner, he lives in Notts so all makes sense. Might hold out for a prem move? 

T.L has a good chance and Leicester want 6 plus healthy add ons. Main target for Gary

Both still training over seas with their clubs so nothing overly close as of last Wednesday

Main other one I heard was Scott Arfield of Burnley, 1 yr left on contract and in similar situation to Boyd, but Burnley not keen to sell. Modou Barrow, Ryan Kent and were other ones but not as keen on them. Few others names but nothing concretes, lots of enquiries at this stage. Didn't hear Sako but Rowett tried to get him just before he left, as did we, so that might be one to look at. List could have changed after the recent income mind. 

Cheers for the info + update! Always look forward to your little bits of info, makes these quiet periods bearable!

28 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Cheers for the info + update! Always look forward to your little bits of info, makes these quiet periods bearable!

No worries, Arfield is difficult as he's away on international duty at the gold cup, so that one will probably drag. Currently top of the group too so he'll be there for a while 

32 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Huddlestone highest earner? Nah he isn't worth that wage. I think he will be a decent addition but certainly not in the top players bracket.

None of those other wingers mentioned excite me at all so I hope there are better quality targets then those mentioned.

2 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Huddlestone highest earner? Nah he isn't worth that wage. I think he will be a decent addition but certainly not in the top players bracket.

None of those other wingers mentioned excite me at all so I hope there are better quality targets then those mentioned.

Hope so pal. Think Arfield would be a very steady addition, especially with the work rate. I heard this last Wednesday so we may have moved on or moved forwards, don't know

Just now, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Hope so pal. Think Arfield would be a very steady addition, especially with the work rate. I heard this last Wednesday so we may have moved on or moved forwards, don't know

thanks for the information! Hopefully we have moved on to better targets :)

4 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Wide right or left 

Yeah pretty much both. I've just looked on Transfermkt and they have him playing 20 times down the left, 6 times down the right, 2 times center mid and 1 defensive mid. Another versatile kind of player that Rowett wants maybe.  

This didn't include cup games.

Arfield would be plenty good enough for this league. Huddlestone is the type of midfield player we need cos we cant keep relying on Thorne. Our midfield was so lacking somebody to put their foot on the ball that had proper central midfield thinking. They seem pretty good targets for me. Ryan Kent seems an exciting one. Cheers SDSR!!!

Arfield and Lawrence would very good adaptable signings, capable of covering several positions. Huddlestone as our main top wage signing, no there must be better younger more mobile just as skilful players out there.

We will wait and see. Thanks for the info SDSR.

Archived