Signed: Tom Huddlestone 2 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

26 minutes ago, DazzaRam said:

Arfield would be plenty good enough for this league. Huddlestone is the type of midfield player we need cos we cant keep relying on Thorne. Our midfield was so lacking somebody to put their foot on the ball that had proper central midfield thinking. They seem pretty good targets for me. Ryan Kent seems an exciting one. Cheers SDSR!!!

Alot of clubs will be in for Kent but Liverpool are waiting for him to sign a contract extension first.

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Wants 2 wingers with one who can play central and 1 midfielder

T.H has a v good chance but would be our highest earner, he lives in Notts so all makes sense. Might hold out for a prem move? 

T.L has a good chance and Leicester want 6 plus healthy add ons. Main target for Gary

Both still training over seas with their clubs so nothing overly close as of last Wednesday

Main other one I heard was Scott Arfield of Burnley, 1 yr left on contract and in similar situation to Boyd, but Burnley not keen to sell. Modou Barrow, Ryan Kent and were other ones but not as keen on them. Few others names but nothing concretes, lots of enquiries at this stage. Didn't hear Sako but Rowett tried to get him just before he left, as did we, so that might be one to look at. List could have changed after the recent income mind. 

As we sit right now I think Lawrence and Huddlestone will get done eventually

Mmmmmmmmm

Airfield is one I wondered about a while ago as he wasn't getting game time at Burnley and can certainly add a lot in the championship as he has done in the past - Huddlestone is a sensible one and on decent money and you have to be competitive with that, while Lawrence really is the gamble, a decent loan at Ipswich but can he move that form to us and costs a lot of money actually 

1 hour ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

T.H has a v good chance but would be our highest earner, he lives in Notts so all makes sense. Might hold out for a prem move? 

T.L has a good chance and Leicester want 6 plus healthy add ons. Main target for Gary

Both still training over seas with their clubs so nothing overly close as of last Wednesday

Main other one I heard was Scott Arfield of Burnley, 1 yr left on contract and in similar situation to Boyd, but Burnley not keen to sell. Modou Barrow, Ryan Kent and were other ones but not as keen on them. Few others names but nothing concretes, lots of enquiries at this stage. Didn't hear Sako but Rowett tried to get him just before he left, as did we, so that might be one to look at. List could have changed after the recent income mind. 

Arfield would be an excellent addition, can player in a number of positions and was Huddersfields best player when he was there, done well at Burnley too. Modou barrow wouldn't really excite me if we were to sign him was at Leeds on loan end of last season and didn't do anything 

1 minute ago, Kyle guest said:

Arfield would be an excellent addition, can player in a number of positions and was Huddersfields best player when he was there, done well at Burnley too. Modou barrow wouldn't really excite me if we were to sign him was at Leeds on loan end of last season and didn't do anything 

I think Barrow had a loan at Forest too and didnt really impress there either

My view on watching Arfield is that he is one of those that just does the job in an unnoticed way from wide midfield much in the way that Gary Micklewhite used to do for Derby a few years back, so if we did sign him he might well fit right in.

3 minutes ago, curtains said:

Not sure I would want Huddlestone back. 

Lawrence too expensive 

Agree on Lawrence. I wouldnt go over £3 million for him.

I would take Huddlestone back in a heart beat though.

Would pull the strings from a deep lying role and capable of switching defence into attack very quickly with his passing range.

2 minutes ago, Venkman 2 said:

Agree on Lawrence. I wouldnt go over £3 million for him.

I would take Huddlestone back in a heart beat though.

Would pull the strings from a deep lying role and capable of switching defence into attack very quickly with his passing range.

Maybe.   

He is vey ponderous though. 

3 minutes ago, curtains said:

Lawrence too expensive 

Lawrence may well be too expensive but time would tell on that one but I have simply not seen enough of him to pass a fair comment 

Huddlestone- well if it is a choice between him or say whelan (33yrs old) then I go wth Huddlestone 

1 hour ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Thanks for the update SDSR keep it up. Arfield is interesting one and I'd say yes to take him here also yes please for Ryan Kent. 

4 minutes ago, curtains said:

Lawrence too expensive 

Both of them is what we need. 

8 minutes ago, Kyle guest said:

Wasn't Barrow played for Forest on loan? 

20 minutes ago, Rab a dab doo said:

Arfield and Lawrence would very good adaptable signings, capable of covering several positions. Huddlestone as our main top wage signing, no there must be better younger more mobile just as skilful players out there.

We will wait and see. Thanks for the info SDSR.

Unfortunately a younger, more mobile version of Huddlestone who is just as skillful is a pretty concrete description of a expensive-ish premier league player.

Thorne would somewhat fit that bill (not much more mobile if at all) but then you've got the injury problems. 

1 minute ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Thanks for the update SDSR keep it up. Arfield is interesting one and I'd say yes to take him here also yes please for Ryan Kent. 

Both of them is what we need. 

Wasn't Barrow played for Forest on loan? 

How do you know they are what we need. 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

How do you know they are what we need. 

Because we need another CDM and attacking player which is these two are great signings if we manage to get it done and I'm happy with that. Anything else?

21 minutes ago, curtains said:

Lawrence too expensive 

Why would you not want Huddlestone back ? We were crying out for a commanding centre midfielder last season who can pick out a 40 yard pass. Big yes from me. 

£6 million for Lawrence is not expensive in this market. 

1 minute ago, RiddingsRam said:

Why would you not want Huddlestone back ? We were crying out for a commanding centre midfielder last season who can pick out a 40 yard pass. Big yes from me. 

I'll get behind them don't worry about that. 

Just not sure about either that's all.  

8 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Correct about Huddlestone but in terms of Lawrence £6 million is a lot for someone who has had one decent loan spell at the lower end of the championship- now it may well prove a bargain long term but I do think it is a lot of money - but when we compare it at £4.5 million for our will Hughes and watfords Anya ! 

Archived