Signed: Tom Huddlestone 2 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

Would love this to happen! 

Just a few things on Thorne, his carear is only just starting not finishing, yes he's very injury prone and it must be just as frustrating for him as it is us!! Just got to stick with him 

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we'd be daft not to at £2m. The sort of money we were throwing about last few seasons £2m is nothing. I'd imagine he'd be on decent wages but so what? If we get rid of a few more then we'll be ok. We need more players for dm. As Johnson isn't a dm really so it only leaves us Thorne and now hopefully Huddleston. Great move by rowett of it happens. Building from the back is the opposite to what we have done in recent seasons and I'm hoping and thinking it is the way forward. 

59 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Lmao

Quality response, well thought out and top reasoning. I consider myself medium paced, I played a full 90 on the PP pitch and I'll tell you it made me feel like a tortoise. Watched the video back and the difference between me and a proper athlete is insane. I play football every week, no way I'd hang on even a semi pro pitch for either pace or agility.

3 hours ago, cheron85 said:

Agreed - I like him as a proper centre mid - Not a defensive mid as he's a little too small - But he's got a decent pass and a decent engine and can tackle - He's not shy of getting involved either - Think he'd be a great combative force in the 2 of the 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-2-3

Not good enough for the first team on a regular basis but I wouldn't be too upset if he was one of our regular subs

Just now, rcarso1 said:

Not good enough for the first team on a regular basis but I wouldn't be too upset if he was one of our regular subs

I would argue he's not had enough time to prove himself - He's had 1/2 excellent games for us but has never had a proper run

2 hours ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

I thought he did ok but I do believe he is very limited. He gets around the pitch and puts a tackle in without every being very convincing.  At this stage he is simply not god enough and shouldn't be considered an option if we genuinely expect to challenge Top 6.  I expect him to go out on loan to the Championship or League One in the next couple of weeks.

Totally agree ?

38 minutes ago, Coxbenchram said:

the derby evening telegraph is saying we are going to exercise 2 mill release vlause

I'm pretty sure all they've done is quote the Daily Mail's article from last night, which they do in their 'articles' quite frequently.

2 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

I'm 43 and I guarantee I'm quicker than Bryson. I'd need oxygen at the 100 meter finish line but I'd still finish first.

This is exactly the sort of challenge they like on Soccer AM. Let's get it set up!

3 hours ago, Derbyram1983 said:

we'd be daft not to at £2m. The sort of money we were throwing about last few seasons £2m is nothing. I'd imagine he'd be on decent wages but so what? If we get rid of a few more then we'll be ok. We need more players for dm. As Johnson isn't a dm really so it only leaves us Thorne and now hopefully Huddleston. Great move by rowett of it happens. Building from the back is the opposite to what we have done in recent seasons and I'm hoping and thinking it is the way forward

It's becoming abundantly obvious that GR's style is to have a massive solid back four with a "wise" head in CDM with a style of soaking up pressure then wham! bham! get the ball forward with lightening speed "shock and awe" attack with pace and score. IThink CM's goal last night which was Keogh to Johnson(?) to Ollson to Martin ...back of net is the "archetype" of the style. 

Archived