Jota - Signed for Birmingham City

Curtains

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

Weve got an average team may as well buy decent players. Rowett said Saturday "we got into good positions but didn't have the quality, I don't know why that was". I know why its because GR sold Ince and Hughes without immediate Replacements i think 90% of the fans are still wondering where our goals are going to come from this season. Hughes has what Huddlestone doesnt and Huddlestone has what Hughes doesnt so them two kind of cover eachother. But ince was the big one, I know he had an attitude etc but he scored some important goals and you could always count on him, I don't see that in Russell or Weimann, I dont think its fair on Lawrence if we think hes our main outlet hes only 23 after all and only had 1 season.

But why should we pay more than they are worth?

It is all well and good saying we should sign quality players and that we have average ones but we need to get rid of a few of these average players before we can get more in.

I suspect one pf the main reasons why Lawrence signed is because we told him he is going to be our main guy.

The best players in this country play in the premiership the second best players in this country watch from the stands in the premiership the third best players in this country play in the championship 

we are in the championship and the best teams get promoted and we have as much chance as anyone.

If he does sign for Brum then I hope we find out that it's for a massive sum.

Bit of a pointless move for him. Might as well just stick where he is and continue playing for a team that plays to his strengths.

If he has a good first half of the season then a Premier League team will come knocking in January.

Having said that, I would love to him to come here. Classy player. Would have really suited us in Mac 1.

in todays market 6-8 m for Jota is about right...he's never going to be 3-5m unless he has a serious dip in form...so if we want someone like him or Forestieri pay the money and get the players who might make a big difference.

Can't understand why some people are saying don't pay silly prices...due to our seemingly non existent scouting system there is no other way to upgrade certain positions without spending some money if theres no one good enough yet to make the step up from the u23s....If we need Jota go get him....if he goes to Brum I'd say that would be a big miss out from us....

Agreed we need to offload a few but this squad looks great on paper but not nearly as good or consistent enough in reality when it matters on the pitch so changes are needed.

2 minutes ago, Coxbenchram said:

BREAKING NEWS

Birmingham have agreed a £6m deal to sign Jota from Brentford.

The Spaniard is on his way to the Blues for a medical.

I feel sick. 

The one player we have been linked with who really excites and he signs for a competitor for less than we paid for Lawrence.

Hell, it's what we paid for Johnson!

Archived