Jota - Signed for Birmingham City

Curtains

20 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I think a loan or 2 is more likely now..can't see us spending another 6-8 million on anyone....

Agreed. Although we have spent a tidy sum already thus far, virtually all of that has been raised through player sales and loans. I suspect that if we had large sums available on top of that, we would have seen more evidence of it by now.

We will clearly (and Rowett has virtually said as much) now only see players in as we get others out. I would therefore be amazed if we were seriously in for Jota at £8 million without one or maybe two of our first team players being sold for hefty fees to meet the outlay, and there doesn't seem to be much indication that this is likely at the moment. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Derbydazz said:

Can anyone seriously see us buying anyone else before transfer dead line day 

No I can't see anyone else coming in, nor do we seem to be linked with anyone else unless you call Jota realistic. I'm afraid its all a bit of deja vu. We regularly seem to go into the window all excited thinking we know exactly what is needed, and at the end of it we are left disappointed without the signings that could have taken us forward. I blame myself as I should have got used to it by now :(

18 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Haven't been on here for a few days so trying to catch up, who quoted from Derby that we have to sell players before we can buy?

They didn't. They said they would like to get some out, not for financial reasons, effort getting players in or they'd have the same bloated squad as before.

Just now, EnigmaRam said:

They didn't. They said they would like to get some out, not for financial reasons, effort getting players in or they'd have the same bloated squad as before.

Ok thanks so the OPs statement wasn't entirely factually correct then I'm assuming from that 

16 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Haven't been on here for a few days so trying to catch up, who quoted from Derby that we have to sell players before we can buy?

I don't have any definitive quotes to hand at the moment but Rowett has indicated that he wants to cut the size of the squad and get players out the door before further additions are made.

He has also made statements indicating that there has been a change in transfer policy at the club from 'pay whatever it takes to get the player in' to 'we will only deal at a reasonable price/at our valuation'.

The wording is mine and paraphrased but that is what I've taken from what has been said in interviews over the last couple of months. Additionally our transfer buisness so far appears to have been funded by sales and loans (notably Hughes, Ince and Christie)

15 minutes ago, DazzaRam said:

Hendrick was a massive loss to us. Thorne as well..but Hendrick's all action box to box is what we are missing now in my opinion.

Massively but he wanted and needed to play in the premiership and what we need to do is find another one in the lower leagues or our academy which gets harder as the premiership clubs are hoarding youngsters and when you take one it's a real crap shoot if they are any good on a competitive football pitch

1 hour ago, DazzaRam said:

Hendrick was a massive loss to us. Thorne as well..but Hendrick's all action box to box is what we are missing now in my opinion.

Funny old game ,once we were blessed with midfield players ,that managers struggled with who to  leave out [and field the right combination].Now we can't even field one that resembles a half decent midfield .

Hendrick turned up in 1 game out of 5.. That's being very generous. I remember making a comment on here a while back that a lot of games You'd be like "What has Hendrick done this game.. Was he playing" which was more often then not.

Most will remember him for a few Performances where he played really well e.g. Forest and Hull.

Archived