Jota - Signed for Birmingham City

Curtains

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, t'oldu said:

Not now it has become dependent on getting people out

Its just that GR keeps emphasizing now the difficulties of moving overpriced players out, It would seem that this is where the logjam is --- be it for FFP reasons or in the interests of cutting rather than further inflating the squad.   I also presume MM is not happy at the idea of taking sizable losses to free up the current stalemate  ...........

29 minutes ago, t'oldu said:

Its just that GR keeps emphasizing now the difficulties of moving overpriced players out, It would seem that this is where the logjam is --- be it for FFP reasons or in the interests of cutting rather than further inflating the squad.   I also presume MM is not happy at the idea of taking sizable losses to free up the current stalemate  ...........

If that's what needs to be done then so be it! We'll benefit long term if we don't join the "insanity" that surrounds this window! Next June sees contracts for Bent Baird Pearce Shackell Thorne Russell and Roos expire which should free up a lot of wages.It'll mean gritting our teeth for this season but I'd rather do that and wait for the next two windows to allow Rowett to put his own stamp on this squad.He turned Birmingham around and I believe he'll do it with us.A lot of people are stamping up and down because Mel's not throwing his money at every player that the "experts" out there think we should be signing! He's learned his lesson the hard way.Now I just hope he sticks with Rowett through thick and thin.Work in progress!??

4 hours ago, derbydaz22 said:

Unfortunately we have gone from having the best midfield in the division 3 years ago to now having a slow midfield that is easily outrun and we just look bang average at best

Agreed.  

In my opinion, we have made some really poor decisions over the past three years, resulting in the club taking several steps backwards.  What do you say Mr Chairman?

6 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

Agreed.  

In my opinion, we have made some really poor decisions over the past three years, resulting in the club taking several steps backwards.  What do you say Mr Chairman?

OK, you can say off the field, but on the field, how are our woes down to Mel? He's backed all of our managers with the funding they ask for. You can say he's hired a few managers poorly, but ultimately on the field it's the squad and manager who are to blame, not our chairman. 

30 minutes ago, Andicis said:

OK, you can say off the field, but on the field, how are our woes down to Mel? He's backed all of our managers with the funding they ask for. You can say he's hired a few managers poorly, but ultimately on the field it's the squad and manager who are to blame, not our chairman. 

Ultimately, looking at the overall picture and how we have regressed on the pitch, it is down to some very poor decisions at the highest level.  I think if MM looked at some of the decisons made, in an unbiased way, he would and should, probably fire himself as not being up to the required standard.

The manager merry go round has not helped us at all and that is one of the reasons the club is now so destabilised with a disjointed underperfoming team 

1 hour ago, Ashz09 said:

Hendrick turned up in 1 game out of 5.. That's being very generous. I remember making a comment on here a while back that a lot of games You'd be like "What has Hendrick done this game.. Was he playing" which was more often then not.

Most will remember him for a few Performances where he played really well e.g. Forest and Hull.

Agree, used to regularly request a search party sent out for JH during the 4 out of 5 game average where he'd go missing. 

We got the right price at the right time for JH and that's about that for me. 

35 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

Agreed.  

I suspect he would say something along the lines of " If you think you can do any better, then get your cheque book out, buy it off me and put your money where your mouth is you ungrateful tw@t" 

He bought the hat, he should wear it.

He should expect to take the flack if he is making a pigs ear of things.  On the other hand, if he gets it right, he should be praised.

He may be the owner and current custodian, but Derby County FC belongs to city and the fans as it has over the decades and we have a right to express our opinions if things are starting to go a bit pear shaped

5 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

Ultimately, looking at the overall picture and how we have regressed on the pitch, it is down to some very poor decisions at the highest level.  I think if MM looked at some of the decisons made, in an unbiased way, he would and should, probably fire himself as not being up to the required standard.

The manager merry go round has not helped us at all and that is one of the reasons the club is now so destabilised with a disjointed underperfoming team 

Exactly, why we have to put up with MM I do not know. I can remember how wonderful life was under the "Three Amigos" regime and what a fantastic playing squad we had. Why can't it be as good now as it was then?

12 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

As the top man Mel is of course where ultimately the buck stops. How much responsibility however do you think Sam holds in all this?

1 hour ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Hendrick was massively inconsistent.

In the views of some but not all, Burnley seem to play him in every available game

1 hour ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

Agreed, he played 1 good game in 4.

His perceived importance for us will no doubt increase as time goes on, though.

Again the perceptions of some don't reflect reality when you look at our midfield- look at Burnley he is doing rather well there isn't he? 

Just now, Sparkle said:

In the views of some but not all, Burnley seem to play him in every available game

Again the perceptions of some don't reflect reality when you look at our midfield- look at Burnley he is doing rather well there isn't he? 

His performances for Burnley are completely irrelevant. There's no denying he's a good player but he didn't show it often enough for us imo, therefore I was delighted with the fee we got.

23 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

He bought the hat, he should wear it.

He should expect to take the flack if he is making a pigs ear of things.  On the other hand, if he gets it right, he should be praised.

He may be the owner and current custodian, but Derby County FC belongs to city and the fans as it has over the decades and we have a right to express our opinions if things are starting to go a bit pear shaped

Sadly you're only partly right. The club doesn't "belong" to the city and the fans. Quite literally, it belongs to the owner. Yes we have the right to express an opinion but nothing more other than withdrawing our support as paying customers. Sad but true. 

Archived