Your non Derby County footballing heroes

Sexydadbod

I adored Paul Scholes. He did it for club and country and he's a footballer. None of this poncey look at my muscles Ronaldo stuff or look at my new haircut and tattoos David Peckham.

Paul Scholes a proper footballer that did his talking on the pitch.

I would love a Paul Scholes or a Paul Scholes type player in a Derby County team. A proper grafter. The Ginger Magician.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was going to say I can see where you're coming from Inver but thinking about it, I can't.

What's talking on the pitch? Ronaldo has just bagged back to back Champs League hat tricks, now the all time scorer in the competition. Doesn't really get much better than that. 

David Beckham did plenty on it too, despite his shenanigans off it. 

I appreciate what a footballer Scholes was but you're writing off two football legends there! 

Michael Owen was my first real and probably only love, skinny little kid tearing the Premier League and Argentina a new one. Had it not been for injuries he would have been England's all time top scorer, easily. 40 in 89 games, Rooney 53 in 119.

I go so far back Stanley Matthews and Billy Wright were my first heroes! And a chap called Jackie Lee who played for both Leicester and Derby and got an England cap. He came from my village and I actually saw him walking round like a normal human being!

3 hours ago, Mr Tibbs said:

I was going to say I can see where you're coming from Inver but thinking about it, I can't.

What's talking on the pitch? Ronaldo has just bagged back to back Champs League hat tricks, now the all time scorer in the competition. Doesn't really get much better than that. 

David Beckham did plenty on it too, despite his shenanigans off it. 

I appreciate what a footballer Scholes was but you're writing off two football legends there! 

The title of the thread........"Your non Derby County footballing heroes"

Therefore I would read that, as I get to pick a non Derby County footballing hero.

I picked Paul Scholes. I didn't pick Ronaldo and I didn't pick David Beckham because they are not my non Derby County footballing heroes. If they are yours then please pick them. They are not my legends.

Jeez O...and I'm not writing off anybody, just posting my opinions on this forum, but considering phoning up the Samaritans instead!........

Anyway don't dictate to me!

On 05/05/2017 at 20:35, HantsRam said:

Frank Worthington. 

One of the last 1970s playboy footballers. Great skills that would look miles better on the baize pitches of today.

Great player, and there were others around that time similarly gifted - Stan Bowles and Duncan McKenzie quickly come to mind. Modern day l still think it a great pity in someways that Matt Le Tissier didn't get to play for a bigger team - hugely talented.

Have to drop West and Stimac from the list...and I'm trying to name just a few.

Rashidi Yekini, Daniel Amokachi and JJ Okocha. Jürgen Kohler. Harald Schumacher. Gabriel Batistuta. Diego Maradona. Marc Vivien-Foe.

I tried to play like all of them, didn't end up well :lol:

8 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Great player, and there were others around that time similarly gifted - Stan Bowles and Duncan McKenzie quickly come to mind. Modern day l still think it a great pity in someways that Matt Le Tissier didn't get to play for a bigger team - hugely talented.

Matt Le Tiss is a legend round here.

Put personal lifestyle and family ahead of pure money making. He could though, be criticised for lacking that most English of traits - "work rate".

Add rodney marsh, Alan hudson and Tony currie to the list of 70s mavericks :thumbsup:

Archived