Where is Sam?

loweman2

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another quote from the DM (so take it with a pinch of salt)

Rush, who did not attend Derby's home game against Wolves on Saturday nor have his usual column in the programme, is also caught up — albeit indirectly — in an FA inquiry into the role played by academy boss Darren Wassall's son Ayrton at Derby. 

Ayrton was reportedly combining academy coaching duties with a scouting job for agents Wasserman Media Group, where Rush was chief executive before joining Derby in 2012.

Sports Agenda revealed Ayrton Wassall's dual role in February and the concern of rival football agencies that WMG's increasing influence at Derby, especially in representing their younger players, was 'not a level playing field'.

A Derby spokesman confirmed Ayrton Wassall coaches at the academy while WMG said he worked with their agents but was not a licensed intermediary. Rush was unavailable for comment.

I think I remember hearing about this academy/WMG thing before.

Bent's contract extension also being investigated.

5 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

Perhaps SR's links to Wasserman meant that we got hefty discounts whenever we signed a Wasserman player? He may have saved us millions.

Just as likely as any subterfuge.

Of course we'd have better relations with them than most other agency's, the relationship was already there. Doesn't mean there was anything underhand or dishonest about it, just a fact of life.

1 hour ago, uttoxram75 said:

I actually feel that this will give the club proper direction and clear lines of communication. Gary seems a level headed, no nonsense kind of guy who will manage Mel rather than the other way round.

I'm looking forward to next season.

Totally agree with this statement , can not wait for next season, a manager and his own team picking the players we want at the club. 

1 hour ago, I Am Sheep said:

The problems are:

How many football players out there are with WMG and have a truly disproportionate amount been recruited by DCFC?

Is there any proven personal interest for anyone involved by signing WMG players or was it purely neutral?

Did SR personally have any influence towards WMG signings?

Are there any illegitimate reasons for so many of PC's signings to have WMG as their agent?

Were these signings made for something other than footballing reasons, were additional factors involved in their recruitment?

I'm not insinuating that SM (or PC) have been involved in any wrong-doing but based on the speculation going around, these may be questions that will have to be asked and proven for this so-called failure of fiduciary. It's going to be a hell of a case for the lawyers to take on that's for sure.

in view  of todays announcement by the club it seems insinuating ( where SR is concernd)seems the club must have hard evidence

I've liked Sam when I've met him. I would hope that Derby have a higher proportion of Wasserman players than other clubs because otherwise we've not been making the most of our contacts. For instance, when Clement came to Derby it was considered a real coup with a lot of other clubs wanting to take the punt on him.

• If there's any personal benefit to Sam from these signings then that's obviously wrong.
  • If players were signed because they were Wassserman players, even when they weren't the right personnel for the club, that's obviously wrong.
  • If the contracts negotiated were deliberately to the detriment of DCFC and in favour of the agency, that's also wrong.
  • If it's simply a case of bad recruitment and contracts due to poor work performance, then that's an incompetence and not a misconduct issue.

Given Wassall's boy Ayrton is also apparently under investigation for Wassserman links, I wonder if it stops with Sam or there'll be more to come. I always got the impression Wassall was Mel's man, just I feel Rowett is Mel's man.

It's very hard to run a successful football club by committee. I wonder if this means Mel wants to go from 95% charge to 100% and become even more hands on?

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I've liked Sam when I've met him. I would hope that Derby have a higher proportion of Wasserman players than other clubs because otherwise we've not been making the most of our contacts. For instance, when Clement came to Derby it was considered a real coup with a lot of other clubs wanting to take the punt on him.

• If there's any personal benefit to Sam from these signings then that's obviously wrong.
  • If players were signed because they were Wassserman players, even when they weren't the right personnel for the club, that's obviously wrong.
  • If the contracts negotiated were deliberately to the detriment of DCFC and in favour of the agency, that's also wrong.
  • If it's simply a case of bad recruitment and contracts due to poor work performance, then that's an incompetence and not a misconduct issue.

Given Wassall's boy Ayrton is also apparently under investigation for Wassserman links, I wonder if it stops with Sam or there'll be more to come. I always got the impression Wassall was Mel's man, just I feel Rowett is Mel's man.

It's very hard to run a successful football club by committee. I wonder if this means Mel wants to go from 95% charge to 100% and become even more hands on?

I think that's overcomplicating it. It comes down to two things-

Big Sam done wrong: Big Sam go bye

Big Sam not done wrong by Uncle Mel wanted gone: Big Sam go bye

Either way the same shock result 

7 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I actually feel that this will give the club proper direction and clear lines of communication. Gary seems a level headed, no nonsense kind of guy who will manage Mel rather than the other way round.

Me too.

If something's rotten in the state of Denmark, you don't ethnically cleanse Sweden (apart from Olsson)

7 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Just walked past @ronnieronalde 's house and heard him singing this.....

Sam, Sam, wherever you may be

You fcked up your fiduciary

The players you signed from your agency

Were worse than the one’s from Nigel C................

As i strolled past I'm sure i saw @reveldevil across the road watching the firework display :D

Sam Rush was CEO at Derby,

But he f****d up his fiduciary,

So Mel gave him the sack,

And said "you won't be back",

Theres room for one baldy here and that's me.

39 minutes ago, BarrowRam said:

Just when we all thought we were going to have some stability big Sam goes. Let's hope this is the last and we can crack on with next season. 

Let's hope so,, certainly feels like the decks have been cleared ready for a total fresh start going into the summer and transfer window , how the structure will be in terms of manager and recruitment remains to be seen but I get the impression that mel wants to put his trust in rowett and this is another step towards the no excuse policy mel says he want for his manager , if Sam has had a big input into which players to bring in and mel takes his place in that role then I don't really see that as a negative as Sam is no more a football man than mel mel is in that role , 

my big hope is that sams removal has been handled properly and is dealt with in the open unlike perhaps the clement and Pearson sackings , by that I mean honesty , i.e. If he has been guilty of gross misconduct let's have it out there and not have the ambiguity with mel looking like the trigger happy meglamaniac hiding it under the cloak of rumours and speculation , if he has been let go because mel feels he is not doing a good enough job then let's have it like it is ,

i don't think getting rid of Sam is a big problem as much as the how and why he is dismissed in terms of Derby fans losing trust in mels ability to bring what he promises 

2 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

I can't help but have an image of David sitting in a darkened room like Scrooge burning the midnight oil watching over the forum and deleting libellous posts. He must have blisters on his fingers 

He does usually sit in a darkened room with some oil and use repeated action that results in blisters... have you been spying on him again?

9 hours ago, Derby blood said:

Yes I know , we have been signing players from the Rush camp since Nigel went out the door. Like Mr Bent and others . Who  in today's squad would you call the better players. Keogh, Forsyte, Hughes, Martin, Bryson, and Russell . Since Nigel left all those years ago . Best signings since Mr Rush have been in the driving seat are, Carson, Ince, Nugent, Johnson and Baird, and George if he was fit, the rest of them have been average at best, so you see how much money has been wasted since Mr Rush has had a say on signings, millions and Millions, before that we got good money for value, these are the facts, please do not ignore them. Once a Ram always a Ram.

It certainly explains a lot more about Nigel's sacking and the fundamental differences between the two. If Rush wanted to start shipping Wasserman players in, there would be no way that Nigel would ever have stood for that happening in his tenure. 

9 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

If he manages Mel and players as well as fans, we surely are in good hands.

Archived