Where is Sam?

loweman2

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I put UK in the search, and a British legal firm says:

A fiduciary has an obligation not to obtain, undisclosed, a profit or benefit of any kind from their position, the classic example being the secret profit or commission. In essence, anything which the fiduciary gets which is not disclosed may be subject to challenge.

I suppose this goes someway to explaining the BJ signing - being that he only became available around eighteen hours before the transfer window closed, we were alerted to it and we managed to get the whole thing done in that time. 

28 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

Please could someone post a link to the post about a week ago that listed the players that have been signed from a company with possible current/former links to SR.

Most people probably know it off by heart, but there must be other people behind the curve who need some of the background filling in. Thanks.

This one?...

IMG_0328.JPG

On ‎02‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 12:34, StivePesley said:

I have not read through all 25 pages, but I can confirm that I saw Sam Rush last Wednesday morning at around 8:30am getting on the London train at Derby station, suited up and carrying a briefcase.

I can't tell you any more than that as I didn't speak to him, but read into it what you will.

This was a genuine sighting, and after tonight's developments I can only assume he was off down the smoke to see his lawyer!

9 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

Can I ask another stupid question?

Was it common knowledge that all these players were linked to this other organisation?

Well, it's been fairly common knowledge to those who keep abreast of such things. But if you don't know where to look, it would've been easy to miss. There have been rumblings about it since at least September.

Just now, Ken Tram said:

Can I ask another stupid question?

Was it common knowledge that all these players were linked to this other organisation?

Common knowledge to who?

Usually,  for a breach of fiduciary duty to occur,  there must be not only wrong-doing, but a failure of oversight. 

This is where the board structure may not have helped in that it did not have any independent members asking the often simple, but awkward, questions. 

It was Mel and Sam. So if Sam was wanting a deal to go through without challenge he wouldn't make reference to the fact.  And if Mel didn't think to ask then it all just sailed on.....

21 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I hereby declare that we are in a state of photoshop war:

IMG_0165.thumb.PNG.aca9530b7bde84dce31bd811edf5f296.PNG

"Sam, you're fired."

I'm not saying he's got a God complex, but this boardroom painting has just been revealed.

PH_170503_224637.thumb.jpg.d7119d1b43d23ec583313f3b1ec4d0dd.jpg

Wikipedia doesn't say much about Wasserman: Wasserman (formerly Wasserman Media Group) is a sports marketing and talent management company based in Los Angeles.

I guess we need big organisations like that involved in English football to keep players' wages up.

3 hours ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Wonder what happens to his shares? Maybe a contract was signed when Mel issued them?

Was just thinking the same thing. Pretty sure that there was some stuff in the accounts about Sam Rush becoming a fairly substantial shareholder in the club when he signed his 5 year extension in 2015.

Edit

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4470900/Derby-County-president-Sam-Rush-shocked-sacking.html

Rush is the highest paid CEO in the Championship, earning over £500,00-a-year plus shares in the club. He had three years left on his five-year contract

40 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Yes I know , we have been signing players from the Rush camp since Nigel went out the door. Like Mr Bent and others . Who  in today's squad would you call the better players. Keogh, Forsyte, Hughes, Martin, Bryson, and Russell . Since Nigel left all those years ago . Best signings since Mr Rush have been in the driving seat are, Carson, Ince, Nugent, Johnson and Baird, and George if he was fit, the rest of them have been average at best, so you see how much money has been wasted since Mr Rush has had a say on signings, millions and Millions, before that we got good money for value, these are the facts, please do not ignore them. Once a Ram always a Ram.

You said all players signed were from the Rush camp, which they obviously weren't.

You think we never made average signings before? What about Conor Sammon, Nathan Tyson?

The problems are:

How many football players out there are with WMG and have a truly disproportionate amount been recruited by DCFC?

Is there any proven personal interest for anyone involved by signing WMG players or was it purely neutral?

Did SR personally have any influence towards WMG signings?

Are there any illegitimate reasons for so many of PC's signings to have WMG as their agent?

Were these signings made for something other than footballing reasons, were additional factors involved in their recruitment?

I'm not insinuating that SM (or PC) have been involved in any wrong-doing but based on the speculation going around, these may be questions that will have to be asked and proven for this so-called failure of fiduciary. It's going to be a hell of a case for the lawyers to take on that's for sure.

52 minutes ago, Kinder said:

It just seems like the club is out of control with loads of reactive decisions and no direction. Hope I'm wrong but I do feel quite depressed about this.

I actually feel that this will give the club proper direction and clear lines of communication. Gary seems a level headed, no nonsense kind of guy who will manage Mel rather than the other way round.

I'm looking forward to next season.

Archived