Where is Sam?

loweman2

2 hours ago, HantsRam said:

As a previous ceo my feet were always held firmly to the fire on costs, they're easy to see and measure. 

Whether Sam feels that's entirely fair could be a source of his feelings of shock and disappointment. 

Only speculation of course,  but it is easy to see how, without clear targets, 2 sides could take very different views of success .

Maybe now he's got the numbers man on the board mel will have a lovely big financial MI pack to look forward to. 

To be fair, I'm fairly sure MM was looking over the MI Pack every month even with SR there.

The budget was probably to ensure we worked within FFP rules - so all in, you could also say SR did his job there.

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/4/2017 at 15:39, StivePesley said:

Indeed. These are the 8 companies that seem to be active (and Sam has been resigned from)

GLOBAL DERBY (UK) LIMITED (06442121)
GELLAW 101 LIMITED (05710942)
THE DERBY COUNTY FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED (00049139)
DERBY COUNTY STADIUM LIMITED (03203521)
DCFC LIMITED (02606421)
STADIA DCFC LIMITED (10196152)
CLUB DCFC LIMITED (10196214)
THE DERBY COUNTY FC ACADEMY LIMITED (10196336)

As you say - you can see why the Academy would be separate - and maybe the Stadium as a separate thing (although wven that appears to have two different companies setup) - but 5 companies for the club itself? I'm sure there are reasons - and very legal reasons, but it's easy to see how complicated it can get to audit this sort of organisation

The Academy is a fairly recent incorporation,and judging by the numbers of the 2 above,they must be too. DC Stadium Ltd originally dealt with the stadium,but this was later transferred to DCFC,with the Stadium Co's focus turning towards development of land around the stadium. This company has been dormant for a number of years,and I now believe Gellaw  (and probably Global Derby) to be dormant,their roles probably having been taken over by the 2 new Sevco companies.

Barclays are the new bankers for DCFC,and will no doubt be so for other companies in the group. Any charge documents in favour of the bank will probably relate to standard security for working overdraft facilities,as opposed to loans (there is no evidence of a Barclays loan in DCFC,yet a charge document exists.)

Please don't ask me about the other companies,as I've promised myself I'll only look at DCFC accounts in future.

16 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Wow Revdev, what happened to your avatar? Looks like Brains has had a heavy night on the pop. :rofl:

A face off between Mel and Fawaz for best East Midlands chairman threw up unexpected results.

On 04/05/2017 at 10:00, G STAR RAM said:

Can't believe the promotions manager left to go and work at a Premier League club.

@G STAR RAM looks like Faye Nixon has left today to take a position at WBA ?

dont believe the hype ?

On 04/05/2017 at 09:49, loweman2 said:

Apparently a lot of the existing staff are leaving as they are fed up with it, on the promotions side the manager left to take a position at WBA, the staff are asked to come in sometimes at 7am and receive no payment or time off in lieu, and as you say a lot of family and friends are filling the vacant positions, it is in my opinion beginning to be run as a rich mans hobby rather than a business, all of the work has been undone and the foundations are starting to crumble.

We only have to look down the road at what can become of a club in a very short time once egos rule the roost !

IMG_0075.JPG.d4677ebf6055be394c64155826de9d29.JPG

3 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Unless the rules have changed I think it is unlikely to go to a tribunal because wrongful dismissal claims/breach of contract  have a relatively low maximum award.

If Sam is sure of his ground then bigger win would be to sue for slander/libel on the gross misconduct accusations. 

Although I would suspect its not the money payout Rush would be most concerned about, it'd be the breached fiduciary duties and gross misconduct stain on his professional reputation he needs to remove.

Which route he needs to go down to do that most effectively I do not know though.

10 minutes ago, whiteroseram said:

cant be bothered to read through pages of NC debates, any new news/rumours about Rush exit? (rexit?)

No, although I'll throw out speculation that Fulham's legal action over the Martin situation is perhaps a factor? I have nothing at all to base that on though.

8 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

No, although I'll throw out speculation that Fulham's legal action over the Martin situation is perhaps a factor? I have nothing at all to base that on though.

er, what legal action? Have I missed something?

8 minutes ago, eddie said:

er, what legal action? Have I missed something?

Fulham's manager mentioned legal action (or might have been possible legal action) against us over the martin situation a while back - I dont know any more than Fulham's manager mentioned it. But it would be coincidental.....

On ‎03‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 23:04, I Am Sheep said:

The problems are:

How many football players out there are with WMG and have a truly disproportionate amount been recruited by DCFC?

Is there any proven personal interest for anyone involved by signing WMG players or was it purely neutral?

Did SR personally have any influence towards WMG signings?

Are there any illegitimate reasons for so many of PC's signings to have WMG as their agent?

Were these signings made for something other than footballing reasons, were additional factors involved in their recruitment?

I'm not insinuating that SM (or PC) have been involved in any wrong-doing but based on the speculation going around, these may be questions that will have to be asked and proven for this so-called failure of fiduciary. It's going to be a hell of a case for the lawyers to take on that's for sure.

I would agree that the failure of fiduciary trust suggests that transactions have allegedly taken place that benefit another party other than DCFC. This will end in tears for someone. 

I have split all the Nigel Clough posts into a separate topic, apologies if some have been caught up in the move and should be in this topic. Drop me a PM and I'll fix it.

19 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

Think Sam is on a 2 week all inclusive in Belize.....

Courtesy of Wasserman Group?

On 06/05/2017 at 21:48, Mafiabob said:

Think Sam is on a 2 week all inclusive in Belize.....

Spotted him today at Milton Keynes station , I was getting off as he was getting on , this was  the 9am into London Euston (non stop from Milton Keynes)

5 hours ago, JG400 said:

Spotted him today at Milton Keynes station , I was getting off as he was getting on , this was  the 9am into London Euston (non stop from Milton Keynes)

Poor bugger. I'm really starting to feel sorry for him now.

milton keynes!

Archived