Where is Sam?

loweman2

5 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

Without wanting to drop anybody in it as these forums are obviously scoured by the club but the guy I sit next to has a close family member who is employed at a mid level in that department and that individual is given a lot of access to the hierarchy, that individual feeds it back, the guy I sit next is in his 70s and does not read forums or listen to gossip he just tells it how it is, and there is apparently unrest in the camp, that department manager has left to go to different club and other individuals have also decided to leave, this was discussed on Saturday before all of the latest revelations started, its not a big deal but it does come across as not being a bed of roses, as far as quantifying it goes one manager three other employees left as they were not happy with the changes and some of the new employees coming in.

I did start my paragraph that you have failed to quote with the words "apparently", but thanks for the interest !

apparently-

used to say you have read or been told something although you are not certain it is true:

I have no problem with people posting what they have heard. 

Sure you can understand why third hand knowledge would be taken with a pinch of salt though, forums are a perfect breeding ground for Chinese whisper!

You didn't quantify 'a lot of family and friends' that he is employing at DCFC?

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I have no problem with people posting what they have heard. 

Sure you can understand why third hand knowledge would be taken with a pinch of salt though, forums are a perfect breeding ground for Chinese whisper!

You didn't quantify 'a lot of family and friends' that he is employing at DCFC?

Twenty Three (apparently) :D

3 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

Twenty Three (apparently) :D

I only ask because we've gone from employing his son to employing lots of his family and friends.

Some people will read your post and in a couple of weeks time stating it as a fact and using it as a stick to beat MM with.

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I only ask because we've gone from employing his son to employing lots of his family and friends.

Some people will read your post and in a couple of weeks time stating it as a fact and using it as a stick to beat MM with.

The guy in question did not mention anything about his son, he just said that there had been a few ( could be 2 could be 10) of mels people (friends and family) who have been given positions (could be junior or senior) and this has caused resentment within existing staff members causing some to leave (no idea how many).

I'm sure that over the next couple of weeks a lot more will be quoted and misquoted, some will be true some will be "chinese whispers", that is the essence of chat forums and its basically what the British press has thrived on for the last 200 years, hear say !

To be honest I am fed up with what is happening in the board room being the constant centre of attention at the club, It has allowed the season that is just coming to an end to silently slip out of the back door !!  

1 minute ago, loweman2 said:

The guy in question did not mention anything about his son, he just said that there had been a few ( could be 2 could be 10) of mels people (friends and family) who have been given positions (could be junior or senior) and this has caused resentment within existing staff members causing some to leave (no idea how many).

I'm sure that over the next couple of weeks a lot more will be quoted and misquoted, some will be true some will be "chinese whispers", that is the essence of chat forums and its basically what the British press has thrived on for the last 200 years, hear say !

To be honest I am fed up with what is happening in the board room being the constant centre of attention at the club, It has allowed the season that is just coming to an end to silently slip out of the back door !!  

I agree it's become a bit of a circus.

Would be nice to have everyone pulling in the same direction.

This will not happen though while suspicions are being raised about the owner and how he is acting.

By all means don't like what he is doing but I don't like to see things posted without any substance.

His son working their is a good example. Someone mentioned his son was employed in the recruitment department, next thing that's being used as a reason for our poor signings, yet ask anyone what role he undertakes and you are met with a walk of silence! Don't see how that is constructive or helpful to anyone personally.

6 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Well of course, we only deal in verified facts here dont we?

We all deal in speculation. 

Let's be honest, we don't get to find out the true story on most things.

Just find it strange that people quite happily cherry pick bits of hearsay, dress them up as fact and then turn them into a stick to beat people with.

It's happened to players, managers, the CEO, the owner. 

"Friends and family" - perhaps Mel's "friends" are simply the people who he's worked with before in his other businesses and in whom he has complete faith in their ability and honesty?

Lest we not forget this is a multi-million pound business.

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I agree it's become a bit of a circus.

Would be nice to have everyone pulling in the same direction.

This will not happen though while suspicions are being raised about the owner and how he is acting.

By all means don't like what he is doing but I don't like to see things posted without any substance.

His son working their is a good example. Someone mentioned his son was employed in the recruitment department, next thing that's being used as a reason for our poor signings, yet ask anyone what role he undertakes and you are met with a walk of silence! Don't see how that is constructive or helpful to anyone personally.

my reason for if being unsubstantiated and therefore without substance is that if I stated the position of the family member it would be obvious of their identity and they would be sacked.

any how lets move on

4 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

my reason for if being unsubstantiated and therefore without substance is that if I stated the position of the family member it would be obvious of their identity and they would be sacked.

any how lets move on

Usual protagonists coming out with rubbish I'd say. 

People need to move on .

28 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

We all deal in speculation. 

Let's be honest, we don't get to find out the true story on most things.

Just find it strange that people quite happily cherry pick bits of hearsay, dress them up as fact and then turn them into a stick to beat people with.

It's happened to players, managers, the CEO, the owner. 

People in 'cherry picking information that may or may not be true to suit their agenda' on the internet shocker.

Honestly I have no problem with people having opinions or speculating but when as you say people dress them up as facts and get on the defensive about it then they can get in the sea.

2 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Maybe he trusts them with the family silver?

What roles do they do, are they involved in the playing/coaching set up or purely administrative?

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

What important jobs have they got and what qualifications are required for the positions?

If I remember correctly, both Mel's son and son-in-law were at the table when we ate our bacon-less breakfast last February.

One of those was asked for his input when Mel was justifying sacking Paul Clement, and I think his role was as part of the performance monitoring and scouting set-up. The other was involved in the scouting and presentation side of things, creating information packs etc, but I've slept 400 times since then so cannot recall the exacts, but they were both young blokes and I'd be surprised if either had any form of footballing background.

51 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

"Friends and family" - perhaps Mel's "friends" are simply the people who he's worked with before in his other businesses and in whom he has complete faith in their ability and honesty?

Lest we not forget this is a multi-million pound business.

And more importantly it’s HIS multi-million pound business so he can do what he likes.

If he’s employing people who aren’t up to the job then that’s his problem to sort out. It’s his money on the table

So Chairman Mel is removing senior club officials and replacing them with members of his family? Not sure I'm totally keen on the Eastern European Dictatorship model of running a football club but I'm open to giving it a try *Waves Mel's little red book in the air, frantically* 

Archived