Where is Sam?

loweman2

Just now, Millenniumram said:

Well we were expecting the dismissal, but that really Is a damning statement. Looks like something major, we've seen the rumours recently so it will be interesting to see how it plays out. One things for sure tho, we need to get a new president in asap with the close season upcoming, a difficult situation mind as this appears a very swift dismissal 

A new president? If only MM had fired him a few months back we could have got Donald Trump. Might have put us into the same wealth bracket as the Man City of The Midlands then.

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

A new president? If only MM had fired him a few months back we could have got Donald Trump. Might have put us into the same wealth bracket as the Man City of The Midlands then.

Could have built a wall down the a52 anorl, stop the scum getting in

We don't need a new president, that's just an honorary title you give to somebody you think's been a good old boy. A CEO yes, we will need one of them. 

I feel for Mel a bit, looks like his right hand man's let him down and that's not nice, I dare say most of us have been shafted by someone we thought was sound so we can relate to how he must be feeling. 

Can't help feeling though that Rush's contacts in the media will be lining up to discredit Mel at every opportunity, hope he's got a thick skin.

I'm right behind Mel on this, of course we don't know the full SP but the statement the club have put out leads me to believe Mel must have a watertight case here and if he has, surely it's in the club's best interests old Slippery is down the road.

Never a dull moment at DCFC eh ?

2 hours ago, BobbyD said:

Its always interesting when these kinds of self-congratulatory posts come out when the writing is on the wall.

What would hold more weight and credibility would have been similar posts at the time of these supposed transgressions pointing out their error, not when the horse has bolted.

Can you show us your posts at the time explaining why the Ipro deal was such a bad one, why the various player purchases were wrong, when the club has acted without any class ?

I don't live in Derby or even Derbyshire. But still in the East Midlands. Its amazing how often you hear grandees from local rival clubs ( Forest, Leicester, Notts, Sheff U and W ) often point to DCFC as a very well run club that they, often grudgingly,  aspire to. 

Is it just possible that Sam helped with that ? 

I think you'll find that Ronnie has been spot-on from the word go, so you can shove your snark where the sun don't shine, sausagehooks.

2 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

We don't need a new president, that's just an honoury title you give to somebody you think's been a good old boy. A CEO yes, we will need one of them. 

I feel for Mel a bit, looks like his right hand man's let him down and that's not nice, I dare say most of us have been shafted by someone we thought was sound so we can relate to how he must be feeling. 

Can't help feeling though that Rush's contacts in the media will be lining up to discredit Mel at every opportunity, hope he's got a thick skin.

I'm right behind Mel on this, of course we don't know the full SP but the statement the club have put out leads me to believe Mel have a watertight case here and if he has, surely it's in the club's best interests old Slippery is down the road.

Never a dull moment at DCFC eh ?

Fully agree, the press releases are usually pretty ambiguous so to come out with something so damning seems indicative of certainty from the club. 

It'll just be a case of waiting for further news from here. I am shocked though, as previous posters said we expected the departure but this seems a little more sinister...

My theory, we are short of cash so we make up this story so MM can buy out rush to get £15 mil through the books not affecting FFP.

we sign some quality players and rush comes back as it was found to be an accounting error of a few decimal places on Rushs beard wax expenses ?

1 minute ago, EnigmaRam said:

My theory, we are short of cash so we make up this story so MM can buy out rush to get £15 mil through the books not affecting FFP.

we sign some quality players and rush comes back as it was found to be an accounting error of a few decimal places on Rushs beard wax expenses ?

If that comes to pass I'll be chilled a little by the sheer duplicity of it. And very impressed. And make a note to never cross the chairman.

1 hour ago, philmycock said:

Sam Rush's beard is rapey, there said it, sue me.

Can you get sued for a typo?

I can categorically state that you meant 'ropey'.

/that'll be a 500 guinea law-talking guy, please.

Archived