Where is Sam?

loweman2

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll chuck this in, half seriously...

If I was Mel, once I'd finished playing in my Scrooge McDuck money pit and banged a few lines of finest nosebag off the Ram I'd had tattoo'd on my 25 year old Scandinavian hookers left knocker, I'd be round to Cloughie's with Gary Rowett in tow, begging him to come and be DoF.

Cloughie could always pick a promising pro, just never quite had the budget to make it happen. 

Gary and Clough clearly have respect for each other. 

Now SR has left the building, the guy who booted Nig has gone, and he might just be able to persuade him to come back given a large budget and a grovelling apology.

I reckon that'd be the dream team.

You can decide for yourself whether I'm serious about the Scandinavian hooker bit, or the Nigel Clough bit, or half serious about both.

Just got this image of Mel and his team of high power lawyers sitting in the boardroom looking for reasons to sack Rush. If they knew he'd done something wrong and told him to stay away cos of it, they wouldn't take nearly a week to act. 

Mel is becoming monty burns 

38 minutes ago, Strange yearnings said:

Or Rapper beard

My beard
It's quite impressive
It's sending you a message
I'm gonna make your hairy dreams come true
My beard
You know you want it
Now baby it's time to get on it
Girl don't be afraid cause I am bringing my beard to you

A) Worse rap ever

B) I can't shake the feeling you've used those lines often, with success, in the past!

3 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Just got this image of Mel and his team of high power lawyers sitting in the boardroom looking for reasons to sack Rush. If they knew he'd done something wrong and told him to stay away cos of it, they wouldn't take nearly a week to act. 

If that was the case then they'd just sack him on the grounds of him not being good enough at his job and not mess about with the impending lawsuit that they'd inevitably not win?

5 minutes ago, needles said:

If I was Mel, once I'd finished playing in my Scrooge McDuck money pit and banged a few lines of finest nosebag off the Ram I'd had tattoo'd on my 25 year old Scandinavian hookers left knocker, I'd be round to Cloughie's with Gary Rowett in tow, begging him to come and be DoF.

Cloughie could always pick a promising pro, just never quite had the budget to make it happen. 

Now SR has left the building, the guy who booted Nig has gone, and he might just be able to persuade him to come back given a large budget and a grovelling apology.

You can decide for yourself whether I'm serious about the Scandinavian hooker bit, or the Nigel Clough bit, or half serious about both.

NC will never return. I'm confident of that; eventhough he knows a lot about football and can spot a good player most of the time.

6 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

There's a difference between knowing someone has done something wrong, and having the evidence to PROVE someone has done something wrong.

13 minutes ago, needles said:

Was that NC or was it his scouts.

Undoubtedly he got some good signings as a % of the signings he made though Im not sure it would be too high.

Pointless guessing whether he would be able to replicate with a higher budget. Look at Billy Davies, made excellent budget signings but signed a load of tosh given an open cheque book.

14 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Don't agree. I'm no corporate expert, but the missus is.

She reckons there is absolutely no way Rush could/would be sacked like this without a watertight reason, far easier to pay him off, and probably preferable to do so if performance issues were the reason, regardless of FFP.

I'd expect we'll learn more sooner rather than later.

Just now, Mostyn6 said:

You don't cite breach of fiduciary duty lightly as you are basically saying that Sam has broken the law (companies act).

So I expect that some careful consideration of all available facts plus a bit of legal advice has been going on.

Reading this thread appears everyone has an opinion with out knowing anything at all about the reasons of his dismissal.

Just makes a change from  sacking the manager .

Cant imagine their is no smoke without fire and something serious has come to light. Presumably associated with player contracts and signings. 

Be it fraudulent, or not acting in the Best interest of his employer we can only speculate.

Lets just hope this doesnt affect the future development of players and recruitment what ever the outcome

2 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

Enjoyed may not quite be the right word BJ.

There's an element of selfish (and probably slightly bitter) satisfaction to it but then there's the human side, which is a man has lost his job and looks like he might have got himself in a spot of bother.

I can be vindictive but I don't like to see anyone suffer/struggle.

I genuinely hope it's just a standard sacking and what comes out of it doesn't affect his chance of future employment.

I've got what I wanted which is Sam has left the club and he's not achieved what he promised to achieve professionally. The way he (and the club) have handled previous sackings make it hard to have too much sympathy for him, he's been incredibly ruthless in his short career as a footballing CEO and at the end of the day, he's failed in his objectives. When you add to that, that the failure has been incredibly expensive and the owner is renowned for neither suffering fools, nor failure lightly. In my opinion he has got his comeuppance by being relieved of his duties in such a short, shrift manner.  Karma.

That's enough for me, no need to drag the guys reputation through the dirt while he's down on his knees.

On a personal level, that finally draws a line under the NC/Derby right/wrong episode, even grudge that I'd kept hold of since he was fired. which is a tremendous relief.

Now Sam has gone there is nothing at all at the club to stop me wishing you huge success and quickly. I like Rowett, I like Mel (I admit I might be wrong here!!) I like most of the players, I like most of the fans. I like the forum...it's like a weight has been lifted and I admit it might have been a very silly grudge to hold.

Everyone has moved on, we're all in good shape.

So, about that money you owe @Boycie.......:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Believe me Sam is someone I have never trusted, look back over the last few years, he only signs players from his old company, Nigel Clough was spot on about Mr Rush, he knows nothing about football, thank god he has gone, it makes things so much simpler Mr Rowett in charge of ALL football things and Mel in charge of ALL financial matters, this will be a winning formula , the one our Nigel wanted, but Mr Rush just wanted a Coach, and he and his team would choose the players for the Coach, this system has not worked, players coming in on high transfer fees and big wages, this has been the big problem at Derby, hopefully now we can move on and sort out all this mess which was created by Mr Rush.

7 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I have it on good authority that Mavis the Tea lady is the next to be under investigation by the Rams.

She was only putting 2 sugars in Mels tea when he had asked for 3.

Bloody Mavis 

Probably useing the saved proceeds to feed her habit. always had my suspicions.

Archived