Where is Sam?

loweman2

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 05/01/2017 at 22:51, Arsene Titman said:

Someone can do the proper link  but the gist from the Daily Mail is:

Derby County set for legal fight over unfair dismissal with chief executive Sam Rush close to the axe

Sam Rush looks sure to be axed - sparking a £1.5m claim for unfair dismissal

Club owner Mel Morris has already criticised Rush for transfer mistakes

By CHARLES SALE FOR THE DAILY MAIL 

PUBLISHED: 22:31 BST, 1 May 2017 | UPDATED: 22:31 BST, 1 May 2017

This one, although by the time I found it others have posted it.

2 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

It was an article which was projecting forward...ie it said DCFC about to sack SR and he will sue DCFC for unfair dismissal to the tune of about £1.5 million ie three year's salary as per the remainder of his contract...

It was a sort of "prediction" and may have been a "warning" or veiled message to DCFC to discourage them from doing what they may have been thinking they might do at the time.  

From the article the Daily Fail had already printed that the club were due a fight with Rush over unfair dismissal. So who leaked it to the papers?

28 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

Enjoyed may not quite be the right word BJ.

There's an element of selfish (and probably slightly bitter) satisfaction to it but then there's the human side, which is a man has lost his job and looks like he might have got himself in a spot of bother.

I can be vindictive but I don't like to see anyone suffer/struggle.

I genuinely hope it's just a standard sacking and what comes out of it doesn't affect his chance of future employment.

I've got what I wanted which is Sam has left the club and he's not achieved what he promised to achieve professionally. The way he (and the club) have handled previous sackings make it hard to have too much sympathy for him, he's been incredibly ruthless in his short career as a footballing CEO and at the end of the day, he's failed in his objectives. When you add to that, that the failure has been incredibly expensive and the owner is renowned for neither suffering fools, nor failure lightly. In my opinion he has got his comeuppance by being relieved of his duties in such a short, shrift manner.  Karma.

That's enough for me, no need to drag the guys reputation through the dirt while he's down on his knees.

On a personal level, that finally draws a line under the NC/Derby right/wrong episode, even grudge that I'd kept hold of since he was fired. which is a tremendous relief.

Now Sam has gone there is nothing at all at the club to stop me wishing you huge success and quickly. I like Rowett, I like Mel (I admit I might be wrong here!!) I like most of the players, I like most of the fans. I like the forum...it's like a weight has been lifted and I admit it might have been a very silly grudge to hold.

Everyone has moved on, we're all in good shape.

Aye,let us hope a peaceful and pleasant process of moving forward happens. I did miss off one of those twisted cheeky smiley face things to highlight my jokery. Satisfaction is definitely the term I would have used for you in this instance.

Does this mean you might pop your head around the door a bit more often?

17 minutes ago, GenBr said:

He used to be head of football operations for Wasserman. Blackman, Camara, Shackell, Johnson, Butterfield, Bent and even Paul Clement are all represented by Wasserman - make of that what you will.

All of whom you could argue we paid over the odds for in fees or wages. If the sacking is purely for poor signings based on the above you couldn't really argue it.

11 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

On a personal level, that finally draws a line under the NC/Derby right/wrong episode, even grudge that I'd kept hold of since he was fired. which is a tremendous relief.

Now Sam has gone there is nothing at all at the club to stop me wishing you huge success and quickly. I like Rowett, I like Mel (I admit I might be wrong here!!) I like most of the players, I like most of the fans. I like the forum...it's like a weight has been lifted and I admit it might have been a very silly grudge to hold.

Everyone has moved on, we're all in good shape.

It may be a silly grudge but I've shared it with you. I don't profess to know the ins and outs of what's gone on but I do know that SR never regained my respect after the manner of NC's sacking.  And after all the changes made on and off the field and after the millions of £s spent we end the season as a mid table championship club having to trim a bloated squad and cut the wage bill .  Not really moved to the next level have we Sam?

4 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

I think that SR will definitely want to clear this up and re-establish his reputation. 

Darn right he will. Over the last few days you can expect SR was offered the opportunity to go quietly...in the same way a certain manager's period of leave resulted in a mutual agreement not so long ago.

The fact that this didn't happen means SR thinks he is being unfairly treated.

The club need not have mentioned fiduciary issues in their statement.  The fact that they have is telling.

What happens next?  SR lawyers will threaten employment tribunal alleging unfair dismissal. The interesting thing about employment tribunal is that they are held in public.  All the dirty linen gets washed, rinsed and hung out to dry for all to see.

It then becomes a game of chicken.

SR bets that DCFC won't want an employment tribunal and will offer a settlement before-hand. However, the bit about including fiduciary in the statement means that will always hang over SR, even if a settlement is reached.  The inclusion of this says, 'OK then bring on your employment tribunal'.

This is going to play out over months.  

And in the mean time, who is going to be leading the imminent close season work of moving players on and signing new ones up?  The DoF?  Nope he was sacked in Feb.  Is there anyone left who can fulfill that role?

2 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Darn right he will. Over the last few days you can expect SR was offered the opportunity to go quietly...in the same way a certain manager's period of leave resulted in a mutual agreement not so long ago.

The fact that this didn't happen means SR thinks he is being unfairly treated.

The club need not have mentioned fiduciary issues in their statement.  The fact that they have is telling.

What happens next?  SR lawyers will threaten employment tribunal alleging unfair dismissal. The interesting thing about employment tribunal is that they are held in public.  All the dirty linen gets washed, rinsed and hung out to dry for all to see.

It then becomes a game of chicken.

SR bets that DCFC won't want an employment tribunal and will offer a settlement before-hand. However, the bit about including fiduciary in the statement means that will always hang over SR, even if a settlement is reached.  The inclusion of this says, 'OK then bring on your employment tribunal'.

This is going to play out over months.  

And in the mean time, who is going to be leading the imminent close season work of moving players on and signing new ones up?  The DoF?  Nope he was sacked in Feb.  Is there anyone left who can fulfill that role?

Very good points Sir. I agree with your reading of this...

5 minutes ago, roosram said:

It may be a silly grudge but I've shared it with you. I don't profess to know the ins and outs of what's gone on but I do know that SR never regained my respect after the manner of NC's sacking.  And after all the changes made on and off the field and after the millions of £s spent we end the season as a mid table championship club having to trim a bloated squad and cut the wage bill .  Not really moved to the next level have we Sam?

Well the fact that people expect us to finish higher than midtable would seem to indicate that we have...

Well we were expecting the dismissal, but that really Is a damning statement. Looks like something major, we've seen the rumours recently so it will be interesting to see how it plays out. One things for sure tho, we need to get a new president in asap with the close season upcoming, a difficult situation mind as this appears a very swift dismissal 

This isn't a sacking for poor performance, poor judgement or simply a personality clash.

Sam Rush has been sacked because DCFC were left with no alternative.

No evidence Mel wanted him gone, he's spoken at length and often in the past about his respect for the job Sam has done, poor signings under Clement are just as poor 12 months ago as they are now, and he was stepping up to defend Sam much more recently!

We're in the realms of corporate law here, not egos and disappointment with performance.

Archived