Where is Sam?

loweman2

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Maybe the £408k impairment in our accounts does relate to that then.

They owed someone alot of money....

About MR MALCOLM GUSCOTT 

Mr Malcolm Guscott holds 1 appointment at 1 active company, has resigned from 2 companies and held 0 appointments at 0 dissolved companies. MALCOLM began their first appointment at the age of 65. Their longest current appointment spans 0 years, 10 months and 11 days at SPORTS DRINKS LIMITED

The combined cash at bank value for all businesses where MALCOLM holds a current appointment equals £2.2k, a combined total current assets value of £573.1k with a total current liabilities of £1.5m and a total current net worth of £-914.8k. Roles associated with Mr Malcolm Guscott within the recorded businesses include: Director.

21 minutes ago, RamNut said:

They owed someone alot of money....

About MR MALCOLM GUSCOTT 

Mr Malcolm Guscott holds 1 appointment at 1 active company, has resigned from 2 companies and held 0 appointments at 0 dissolved companies. MALCOLM began their first appointment at the age of 65. Their longest current appointment spans 0 years, 10 months and 11 days at SPORTS DRINKS LIMITED

The combined cash at bank value for all businesses where MALCOLM holds a current appointment equals £2.2k, a combined total current assets value of £573.1k with a total current liabilities of £1.5m and a total current net worth of £-914.8k. Roles associated with Mr Malcolm Guscott within the recorded businesses include: Director.

Wouldn't read too much into that.

As a start up I would imagine a chunk of finance was from the directors.

On ‎30‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 19:33, philmycock said:

Is he hissssssstory?

Has Darren Bent's extra year, obviously against GR's wishes, and the Rush/Wasserman connections got something to do with all this? It all seems related and timed with MM's interview about finally giving a manager a free hand in the transfer market.

It would be interesting if Bent played a game under Rowett which triggered an additional year whilst Rowett wasn't aware of this clause.

That is an £1m plus oversight.

6 minutes ago, sage said:

It would be interesting if Bent played a game under Rowett which triggered an additional year whilst Rowett wasn't aware of this clause.

That would be a shocker, however I'm sure I read that it was activated in January??

29 minutes ago, sage said:

22 minutes ago, philmycock said:

That would be a shocker, however I'm sure I read that it was activated in January??

It could be triggered for other reasons other than games played - goals scored, for example, or both - but I think that it was activated earlier in the season by DB rather than the club.

It's not bad for Derby either.  It gives DB a value if Gary Rowett decides he doesn't form part of his plans for next season, which he might do.  It improves DB's negotiating strength as well but it doesn't necessarily mean that DB will be here for next season for definite.

8 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

It could be triggered for other reasons other than games played - goals scored, for example, or both - but I think that it was activated earlier in the season by DB rather than the club.

It's not bad for Derby either.  It gives DB a value if Gary Rowett decides he doesn't form part of his plans for next season, which he might do.  It improves DB's negotiating strength as well but it doesn't necessarily mean that DB will be here for next season for definite.

Disagree with that second paragraph. No one will come in and bid for Darren Bent and if they do I'd be flabbergasted if they match his Derby wages, so he won't be going anywhere in his last year as a professional at a decent level. I was very disappointed to see Benty was getting another year as he doesn't do enough and the money could have been so much better used elsewhere. It restricts the playing budget by a significant amount. Presumably Sam negotiated these contracts as the ex-head of the agency in question - in that case I would question his transfer dealings if I were Mel.

Hadn't seen this before...

"There are seven players in the Derby squad represented by WMG, who also look after former manager Paul Clement.

They are Bent, Jacob Butterfield, Jason Shackell, Bradley Johnson, Jamie Hanson, Nick Blackman and Luke Thomas."

27 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

"There are seven players in the Derby squad represented by WMG, who also look after former manager Paul Clement.

They are Bent, Jacob Butterfield, Jason Shackell, Bradley Johnson, Jamie Hanson, Nick Blackman and Luke Thomas."

And we still claim journalists are *****? At least we do our work before the fake news takeover.

5 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Last time I checked Camara was also represented by Wasserman. 

Strangely enough, Olsson was not represented by Wasserman before signing for us, but after signing is in part represented by them now.

Can''t blame people for thinking that all these new signings being part of Wasserman looks dodgy.

Part of the reason Rush was brought in was because of his links to football agents and it was claimed he would help us move a step forward in the transfer market. From a very far removed position, all it would appear he has done is stocked us full of players who just so happen to be represented by his old employer.

2 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

More importantly, does anyone know if David Coulthard got home on time?

Maybe he had to rush home as he had been tipped off that his proposed contract with the Rams as driver of the team coach for next season was about to go south.

Am I the only one with no strong opinion either way? No real idea what he does, how much sway he has, how important he is. He is just a guy at the club with some say in matters but probably not the final say in anything.

Someone else will come in who I similarly won't know anything about. Or Mel will not replace him and stop pretending there is a 'board' making decisions. 

If we do well next season I wont care either way.

Not criticising anyone...just don't understand how people can know enough to form a strong opinion. 

7 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Because no one should have to click on that site:

Darren Bent extending his Derby County contract for another season could have a lot more significance than it seemed at the time.

Bent, 33, who has scored 13 goals in 41 appearances for Derby this season, exercised the clause in his agreement guaranteeing him another season based on playing time.

Bent is represented by leading football agency Wasserman Media Group, who are the centre of inquiries by both Derby and the FA.

Derby chairman Mel Morris, upset with the club's transfer dealings having failed to finish in a play-off position this season, is reviewing all the business that has been done by the club.

A lot of that involves WMG, who have done more Derby deals than any other agency over the last four years. Derby chief executive Sam Rush, who has been told to stay away from the club for a fortnight and is not expected to return, was in charge of WMG in the UK and Europe before joining Derby in 2013.

The FA are investigating Ayrton Wassall, son of Derby academy chief Darren Wassall, over combining his academy coaching role at the Championship club with scouting duties for WMG.

There are seven players in the Derby squad represented by WMG, who also look after former manager Paul Clement.

They are Bent, Jacob Butterfield, Jason Shackell, Bradley Johnson, Jamie Hanson, Nick Blackman and Luke Thomas.

Wow. (Possible) corruption never too far from Pride Park, it seems. If this is the case, Mel's move to remove Rush for a couple of weeks is justified. Either that, or we're kicking up a fuss because we just really want rid of Darren Bent..!

Archived