Where is Sam?

loweman2

7 hours ago, rammieib said:

Any deal to terminate Rush contract will inevitably have a gagging clause, so we will never get a warts and all interview with Rush.

Rush made one bad decision in his time here, which was the Ipro deal. Any one with common sense would realise after one look at their accounts this was not a long term deal to sign up to. (Yes they could walk away but the brand reputation for DCFC would be damaged). Greater influence on transfers could have been said but I'm mor than sure that MM sanctions the transfers and thus over ruled Rush if there was any objection.

For me though, any senior job (Football Manager or CEO) in DCFC is a poisoned chalice because you are a puppet to a temperamental owner. However you will get a heck of a payday when you eventually get sacked.... (Could be three months or three years).

Rush will take a little bit of time out and then become CEO of a Premier league team. I'm confident on that. His commercial acumen (stadium deal aside) for me is generally good and turnover has increased at Derby. There will be no end of positives he can demonstrate from turnover increasing, attendance figures, commercial revenue, merchandise revenue, training ground development etc etc

And we are still stuck with Paul Tyrell in there!

Seems to me that you just want to attribute everything good to SR and everything bad to MM without any particular basis.

You say you are 'more than sure' that MM sanctions the transfers. Not saying you are wrong but how do you know this? Does he just sanction the fees? The contracts? The wages?

Rush may have overseen an increase of turnover of £2m to £4m (can't remember without looking) but that's at the same time as a £20m increase in wages...Not sure why you think that would make him an attractive proposition as a CEO to other clubs?

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something is niggling me here. 

Some people are saying that MM is a meddling control freak who micro manages the whole club and can't keep his nose out. Yet it appears SR has been culpable for some damaging decisions. If MM is such a meddler why has SR been able to fly that lot under the radar? Ah, it appears MM has allowed him to get on with his job and he's cocked it up. So now the MM bashers are going to come out with some other explanation for it all being the fault of the despot owner 

1 hour ago, Angry Ram said:

Just hope this is all a non-story... If true Morris will go down in my estimation from idiot to something stronger.

Is that estimation purely based on your assumptions, that may or may not be correct, or on real knowledge of the reasons? 

45 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I'm not sure the iPro deal was that bad. It was money for old rope and as far as I can see has caused no damage whatsoever, aside of some sticklers getting their knickers in a twist about tradition (even though Stadium was less than 20 years old!)

They didn't pay a large chunk of the money due.

55 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I'm not sure the iPro deal was that bad. It was money for old rope and as far as I can see has caused no damage whatsoever, aside of some sticklers getting their knickers in a twist about tradition (even though Stadium was less than 20 years old!)

Spot on.

A new revenue stream that I would guess earned us £1m just so a company could associate their name with our stadium.

I am guessing that it has cost us nothing to terminate the deal.

25 minutes ago, RamNut said:

They didn't pay a large chunk of the money due.

they paid what they did pay upfront, and then they went under before any further payment was actually owed, as it was due in advance. As soon as the club knew the payment wasn't coming, they changed back to iPro. I think the stadium was iPro for about 10 days without payment.

6 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I honestly never knew we had so many experts on the inner workings of the club. 

The seasons over (apart from a great day out at Rotherham:blink:) we've got to talk about something unless we all get a life somehow!:D

The club has been managed poorly for whatever reason. Bad incomings (calibre, number and wages of players), the Martin mess (meaning doing a deal and then attempting to undermine your own deal) bringing in Pearson AND mcclaren, the ipro deal and now a possible conflict with the wasserman thing. 

Ill trust Mel on this because no one here can really claim to know all the goings on and on the face of things it doesn't look good . Who knows what lies deeper but I'm sure if he's going there's good cause 

10 hours ago, whiteroseram said:

I don't remember Liam Dickinson and Stephen Pearsons house or George Burley and Marcus Tudgay, anyone care to enlighten me? (I know it's only rumours whatever it was)

Liam Dickinson was alleged to have been lodging at Stephen Pearsons house when he first signed for Derby. Stephen Pearson was away on holiday and Dicko threw a house warming party and the house got trashed. Pearson clearly fell out with him over it and Derby County disciplined him basically for a lack of discipline....hense him being sent straight out on loan. If you read into Dickinson you will see he did a similar thing later in his career.

Questions I would have regarding Rush are this;

Did he contribute enough value to the club to warrant the reported £500,000 a year salary?

Was he overly dependent on dealing with his former agency when signing players, thus hindering our wider recruitment efforts?

If you can answer either of those the wrong way then he should go. I have no idea as I obviously am not aware of his day to day activities or how he operates in the transfer market but they are the questions I would be interested to see answered.

4 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Questions I would have regarding Rush are this;

Did he contribute enough value to the club to warrant the reported £500,000 a year salary?

Was he overly dependent on dealing with his former agency when signing players, thus hindering our wider recruitment efforts?

If you can answer either of those the wrong way then he should go. I have no idea as I obviously am not aware of his day to day activities or how he operates in the transfer market but they are the questions I would be interested to see answered.

Well whoever reported it at £500k is miles out.

34 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Liam Dickinson was alleged to have been lodging at Stephen Pearsons house when he first signed for Derby. Stephen Pearson was away on holiday and Dicko threw a house warming party and the house got trashed. Pearson clearly fell out with him over it and Derby County disciplined him basically for a lack of discipline....hense him being sent straight out on loan. If you read into Dickinson you will see he did a similar thing later in his career.

I always thought it was Adam Pearson's house?

3 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Mostyn6 - Simple reason. The opportunity cost of going with them. Let me explain - He selected a 'partner' and awarded a 7-year contract to them. That supplier had zero credit history when I conducted a Credit Check on them. They were not making any money and nothing within their financial history gave any evidence to suggest they would keep up with payments. Therefore, its the alternative on the table we have lost and the day they defaulted on payment we have lost a source of income, roughly 3-4% of our turnover.

Therefore, by choosing to go with this company it stopped us going with anyone else. Now, of course I have no idea who the alternatives were. I dare say DCFC were attracted by a company offering £7 Million over 10 years - but in reality the evidence suggested this would never have materialised.

I'd have preferred us to wait for a more 'secure' alternative on the market. Yes of course this may never have materialised but I would have placed trust in Rush to obtain a better sponsorship deal with a more secure company.

3 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Is that estimation purely based on your assumptions, that may or may not be correct, or on real knowledge of the reasons? 

The clue was in the 'I just hope this is a non-story'..

I take most of what is posted with a pinch of salt. I just hope this is just another drama about nothing.

I have zero inside info on anything DCFC.

Archived