One moment today sums it up for me

KBB

51 minutes ago, Alpha said:

That's about right.

The difference between being booed and cheered if both players are guilty of the same thing is running around.

Yes, that and Butterfield's slow and ponderous movement and his conservative, safety-first instincts.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Exactly. That's football, a team game. 

Without the right team around him all Bryson ever does is pass 10 yards the way he's facing when receiving the ball. 

Butterfield isn't the only one to do too much useless passing.

Other classic stupidity includes Cyrus Christie dithering, wooden legs 5 minutes to do what he could have done with 1 touch Alex Pearce and "can this be a free kick" Olsson who always always stops the ball dead before doing anything at all.

We beat ourselves half the time

In a small defence of Bryson, I don't think anyone see's him as a holding midfielder in the two, so he's being played out of position. Butterfield - I'm not actually sure where his best position is as he doesn't seem to excel in any position but I look at him as more creative with better control - so if he doesn't deliver that side of the game then we are carrying him.

I'd like to see Hughes/Thorne in that position with Hughes given permission to work further up the pitch and break into space. I'm not 100% sure it'll work next season but I'd be happy to see it given a go.

I'd also like to see our players do a first time ball into the box - I would have said until recently they were not confident to try it, not I think their just too useless to do it, especially Olsson and Christie. Interestingly our goal yesterday came from a cross from....Keogh!

39 minutes ago, rammieib said:

You are joking right? He had no Huddersfield player within ten yards of him (Which he would know if he was a good player as they always keep looking), a good player would receive the ball, control it and turn all in one motion and then look ahead of him.

No, his idea was to pass it from the middle of his own half back to Carson in his 18 yard box. Momentum killed in one hit.

I don't mind the defenders playing triangles with their passing - its virtually always a 3 on 2 scenario and about finding the open man who can then progress forwards. The problem with Butterfield is that he was the open man and the ball instead of going forward went back to our goalkeeper! For what - either a big boot forwards to our attacking gnome size forwards or to play the triangles again.

And then, 30 seconds later, his second touch of the game, when in space with nobody within 5-10 yards of him went backwards again.

This creates a culture of playing amongst the team - its frustrating as anything and we simply don't have good enough players to continue playing this way and expect success.

And I'm not stupid - I read and understand the game very well. However with 20 minutes to go, losing one nil, when a player, any player, gets the ball just inside his own half with time and space, I don't want that ball going back to my goal keeper. Never!

I think you are talking absolute rubbish. His first touch Hughes fires the ball at him with 2 players closing down. As in @cannable's picture, and I will add to that as well. His choices were to try and control a difficult pass or cushion back to safety. It shows how hard Hughes hit it that it bounced all the way back to Carson.

Now you are making things up, his next 2 passes were both forwards, both to Russell and both 10 yards outside their box, the 2nd just before Russell played a quick 1-2 with Anya and ended up with the free kick that Bent wasted.

Screenshot_20170418-155420.png

Butterfield has 2 goals from our last 3 games. One of our more technically talented players and people moan because he keeps possession rather than hoofing it away or running round without producing? Fact is he does produce more than most.  

This is pathetic. Possibility the people who are against Butterfield possibly haven't played football to any standard before? In the above screenshot by @rynny, where would anyone scathing Butterfield propose he play the ball?

4 minutes ago, Casio said:

Butterfield has 2 goals from our last 3 games. One of our more technically talented players and people moan because he keeps possession rather than hoofing it away or running round without producing? Fact is he does produce more than most.  

This is pathetic. Possibility the people who are against Butterfield possibly haven't played football to any standard before? In the above screenshot by @rynny, where would anyone scathing Butterfield propose he play the ball?

I'd have flicked it straight over my head and landed it perfectly into the path of Camara, who would have stood on the ball before putting it out for a throw.

33 minutes ago, rynny said:

I think you are talking absolute rubbish. His first touch Hughes fires the ball at him with 2 players closing down. As in @cannable's picture, and I will add to that as well. His choices were to try and control a difficult pass or cushion back to safety. It shows how hard Hughes hit it that it bounced all the way back to Carson.

Now you are making things up, his next 2 passes were both forwards, both to Russell and both 10 yards outside their box, the 2nd just before Russell played a quick 1-2 with Anya and ended up with the free kick that Bent wasted.

Apologies @rammieib, just watched again, didn't see the second first time of watching. But it was a pass to Pearce who could then make a 5 yard pass to Hughes to get going the other side as Butterfield couldn't make the pass directly to Hughes but Pearce took too long and didn't make the simple pass.

53 minutes ago, Casio said:

To be honest, it was a perfectly good ball to Butterfield that he just got rid of back to the keeper when he wasn't under any huge pressure. It wasn't a big deal but there were two players that he could have laid the ball back to. In his defence, he had just come on and wasn't into the pace of the game yet. Although having said that, a three year old would manage the pace of much of that game.

I proportion some of the blame at all the cameras and pundits (Sky TV etc) and all the junk food and lazy lifestyles of so many people that should know better, but would rather criticise than support, and all the over the top analysis by fans these days of the game and it's so called fellow football players that play for their so called football team.

I mean let's face it, out of the 27,000 or so regulars, at Pride Park that are in the crowd, I reckon at least 26,001 or so struggle to either tie there shoelaces, get to their seats well before kick off, form an orderly queue for food and beer, manage to get to the toilets without getting in someone's way, sing the wrong words, struggle to sing songs with more than 12 words in it, clap in time, bother clapping, say anything positive, say more than 3 positive things in 90'minutes or more, pass by a fellow human saying excuse me, thank the stewards, thank the catering staff, thank anyone, say sorry for there aggressive or annoying behaviour but when it comes to judging and criticising and constantly getting on the backs of their so called players, I know by just looking and listening and reading some of the p1sh that these folk come out with, that they couldn't pass a football 6 yards or control it or do not much with it, but for some reason, they lambast there very own team for doing a whole lot better at the sport they only ever watch, and choose to constantly criticise.

Enjoy the football, enjoy the beautiful game, and everything Derby County has to offer, it's a wonderful club, that deliver.

It's about time some of it's supporters actually delivered by supporting Derby County.

Up the boys Butters and Bryson & Up The Rams.

8 minutes ago, bcnram said:

To be honest, it was a perfectly good ball to Butterfield that he just got rid of back to the keeper when he wasn't under any huge pressure. It wasn't a big deal but there were two players that he could have laid the ball back to. In his defence, he had just come on and wasn't into the pace of the game yet. Although having said that, a three year old would manage the pace of much of that game.

Reaaaaaaally?

1 hour ago, rynny said:

58 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Reaaaaaaally?

Of course, even on the still after he has knocked the ball back he is not under that much pressure. I am not complaining about him passing back to the keeper, just commenting on the tosh being spoken about him being under pressure from defenders. x

1 hour ago, Inverurie Ram said:

I proportion some of the blame at all the cameras and pundits (Sky TV etc) and all the junk food and lazy lifestyles of so many people that should know better, but would rather criticise than support, and all the over the top analysis by fans these days of the game and it's so called fellow football players that play for their so called football team.

I mean let's face it, out of the 27,000 or so regulars, at Pride Park that are in the crowd, I reckon at least 26,001 or so struggle to either tie there shoelaces, get to their seats well before kick off, form an orderly queue for food and beer, manage to get to the toilets without getting in someone's way, sing the wrong words, struggle to sing songs with more than 12 words in it, clap in time, bother clapping, say anything positive, say more than 3 positive things in 90'minutes or more, pass by a fellow human saying excuse me, thank the stewards, thank the catering staff, thank anyone, say sorry for there aggressive or annoying behaviour but when it comes to judging and criticising and constantly getting on the backs of their so called players, I know by just looking and listening and reading some of the p1sh that these folk come out with, that they couldn't pass a football 6 yards or control it or do not much with it, but for some reason, they lambast there very own team for doing a whole lot better at the sport they only ever watch, and choose to constantly criticise.

Enjoy the football, enjoy the beautiful game, and everything Derby County has to offer, it's a wonderful club, that deliver.

It's about time some of it's supporters actually delivered by supporting Derby County.

Up the boys Butters and Bryson & Up The Rams.

Cant believe you actually mean this Inverurie

95% of your fellow fans at PP are utter trash is what I think you are saying

Nice

Archived