One moment today sums it up for me

KBB

18 minutes ago, cannable said:

Let's face it, he's not wrong…

Blimey

Can I just recap :

You, G Star and Inverurie all believe that 95% of your fellow Rams fans are ignorant low life trash who hav'nt the slightest manners or care for their fellow man and who, too boot, are not qualified or entitled  to holding an opinion on their own football team.

Wow

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

Blimey

Can I just recap :

You, G Star and Inverurie all believe that 95% of your fellow Rams fans are ignorant low life trash who hav'nt the slightest manners or care for their fellow man and who, too boot, are not qualified or entitled  to holding an opinion on their own football team.

Wow

You forgot me! The percentage may well be wrong, but the sentiment isn't. It's depressing. 

41 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

Blimey

Can I just recap :

Wow

No, you BobbyD typed that!.......And it's not so wow!

46 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

Blimey

Can I just recap :

Wow

There haven't been many good words I've had to say about Derby fans since the play-offs against Brighton and I've had two different seats since then. 

It's the fans that had me on the brink of not renewing, not the players. 

1 hour ago, BobbyD said:

Blimey

Can I just recap :

Wow

My comment was tongue in cheek.

I think a lot of football fans in general are fools who convince themselves that they are experts in football. They are what I refer to as the Sky generation. 

Going to football used to be something I looked forward to going to no matter what the result or performance was.

These days people seem to get more joy out of things going wrong so they can express their displeasure or give their expert opinion on what would put things right.

And yes their are an awful lot of fans that meet the description that Inverurie spelled out.

Obviously the figure he came up with may have been on the high side!

Don't buy this myth that Derby fans are particularly harsh or unsupportive. I suspect some on here are really just bemoaning the modern 'football fan'.

Compare to West Ham fans poking fun at cancer-ridden Glenn Roeder, Leeds fans fighting each other, Forest fans abusing one of their own Nigel Doughty, Charlton fans driving out Curbishley because he couldnt 'take them to the next level' when finishing 8th in the Prem every year, the way Arsenal fans are currently treating Wenger...the list goes on & on.

Derby are no worse than any large/medium sized club for fan dissent. Chuck in 10 years of false dawns & millions of pounds spent on squad 'investment' and the frustration becomes understandable. Don't condone it but can understand it.

39 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Don't buy this myth that Derby fans are particularly harsh or unsupportive. I suspect some on here are really just bemoaning the modern 'football fan'.

Compare to West Ham fans poking fun at cancer-ridden Glenn Roeder, Leeds fans fighting each other, Forest fans abusing one of their own Nigel Doughty, Charlton fans driving out Curbishley because he couldnt 'take them to the next level' when finishing 8th in the Prem every year, the way Arsenal fans are currently treating Wenger...the list goes on & on.

Derby are no worse than any large/medium sized club for fan dissent. Chuck in 10 years of false dawns & millions of pounds spent on squad 'investment' and the frustration becomes understandable. Don't condone it but can understand it.

please dont judge derby county fans by the usual clique who post on this site they represent a self rightious few who dominate this forum

Ive said this before. The vast majority of fans now act like pundits. Everything is vastly over-analysed. Everything has to be someone's fault. Somebody has to be the fall guy. Everyone thinks they are experts.

When I started supporting Derby as a 10 year old in breadsall village I supported the team....all of it....whoever played. It's no different now. I support Derby County. I have views but I don't insist on forcing my views on others. Occasionally I have a moan on here but match day is support day. 

As I say ........blame the pundits and the so called experts.......that's the professional ones on telly and the amateurs ones here. Can't see it changing for the better now.

32 minutes ago, barnsley ram said:

please dont judge derby county fans by the usual clique who post on this site they represent a self rightious few who dominate this forum

I have seen you moaning about a clique on here before, yet you still post here, and still moan about it. Can't be that bad.

6 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

I proportion some of the blame at all the cameras and pundits (Sky TV etc) and all the junk food and lazy lifestyles of so many people that should know better, but would rather criticise than support, and all the over the top analysis by fans these days of the game and it's so called fellow football players that play for their so called football team.

I mean let's face it, out of the 27,000 or so regulars, at Pride Park that are in the crowd, I reckon at least 26,001 or so struggle to either tie there shoelaces, get to their seats well before kick off, form an orderly queue for food and beer, manage to get to the toilets without getting in someone's way, sing the wrong words, struggle to sing songs with more than 12 words in it, clap in time, bother clapping, say anything positive, say more than 3 positive things in 90'minutes or more, pass by a fellow human saying excuse me, thank the stewards, thank the catering staff, thank anyone, say sorry for there aggressive or annoying behaviour but when it comes to judging and criticising and constantly getting on the backs of their so called players, I know by just looking and listening and reading some of the p1sh that these folk come out with, that they couldn't pass a football 6 yards or control it or do not much with it, but for some reason, they lambast there very own team for doing a whole lot better at the sport they only ever watch, and choose to constantly criticise.

Enjoy the football, enjoy the beautiful game, and everything Derby County has to offer, it's a wonderful club, that deliver.

It's about time some of it's supporters actually delivered by supporting Derby County.

Up the boys Butters and Bryson & Up The Rams.

As for the 999 girls and boys they just have to learn to ignore the poor souls that think there's always an Emergency.

12 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

I know by just looking and listening and reading some of the p1sh that these folk come out with, that they couldn't pass a football 6 yards or control it or do not much with it, but for some reason, they lambast there very own team for doing a whole lot better at the sport they only ever watch, and choose to constantly criticise.

When you get back from planet Zog .......  One of the most stupid ideas ever posted. 

You don't have to played football at a high level to.  be able to recognise a misplaced shot , a penalty missed or a team that doesn't seem to to work together , Supporters can have expectations and yes, post some criticisms on a message board.

Those of us who have stuck by Derby through thick and thin don't need to be told to keep our mouths shut by folks like you.

16 hours ago, ramesses said:

Yes, that and Butterfield's slow and ponderous movement and his conservative, safety-first instincts.

Really slow in getting that shot off wasn't he. Maybe if he hadn't pondered it would have gone in without the aid of a deflection? Same against Birmingham. Had he not been conservative and thinking safe, his shot there might have gone in without hitting the woodwork or keeper. I'd get rid of him. Give me the running around without achieving anything midfielders. Passion, that. 

In all seriousness, a big well done to the chaps who shared the photographic evidence which left a few other chaps looking absolutely daft. 

"I know my football and he had nobody within 10 yards of him."

PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE 

"Yeah, but, erm, yeah, but, but, I don't like the lad and when saying what I did I didn't expect someone to use facts to deter me."

Next week on the forum, we start a thread about Ince not smiling after scoring a hat-trick.

dcfcfans.uk, where we will find a reason to be negative and critical just because we can. 

:D

1 hour ago, DRBee said:

When you get back from planet Zog .......  One of the most stupid ideas ever posted. 

You don't have to played football at a high level to.  be able to recognise a misplaced shot , a penalty missed or a team that doesn't seem to to work together , Supporters can have expectations and yes, post some criticisms on a message board.

Those of us who have stuck by Derby through thick and thin don't need to be told to keep our mouths shut by folks like you.

Some fans at the matches though remind me of the old communist joke......................They have nothing but insist on sharing it.

4 hours ago, DRBee said:

Excuse me, but please show or tell where exactly, did I tell anyone to keep our moths shut, or your mouth shut?...... Enjoy planet earth, and carry on making **** up, and I'll carry on enjoying the planet Zog you have put me on, thank you so very much.

Here have a balloon and carry on regardless. Have a wonderful day and try and enjoy it. X

15 hours ago, BobbyD said:

Blimey

Can I just recap :

Wow

15 hours ago, ketteringram said:

You forgot me! The percentage may well be wrong, but the sentiment isn't. It's depressing. 

You can add me to that list too tbf.

11 hours ago, rynny said:

I have seen you moaning about a clique on here before, yet you still post here, and still moan about it. Can't be that bad.

you see this statement sums up this forum because you dont agree you make a personal asumption that it is a moan it isnt  its just my opinion

38 minutes ago, barnsley ram said:

you see this statement sums up this forum because you dont agree you make a personal asumption that it is a moan it isnt  its just my opinion

And you have made the assumption that I disagreed with you.

It was just my opinion you were moaning about a clique.

Archived