One moment today sums it up for me

KBB

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, rynny said:

Nope. But repeating the same statement over again in a negative way to me is a moan.

ok how many times have i said this? oh and by the way have  you pointed out to the regular posters on here how much they moan about  the same things, which or course they are entitled to do

12 hours ago, Warren Hobhead said:

Really slow in getting that shot off wasn't he. Maybe if he hadn't pondered it would have gone in without the aid of a deflection? Same against Birmingham. Had he not been conservative and thinking safe, his shot there might have gone in without hitting the woodwork or keeper. I'd get rid of him. Give me the running around without achieving anything midfielders. Passion, that. 

Jesus wept and a strawman farted.

You do you realise that you are responding to a comment I made (to someone else) about Butterfield’s negative passing when he’s in his own half?

In the opposition half I don’t think he’s nearly as good, useful, talented, and brilliant as Hughes - but he has been better than Bryson of late, and I really like Bryson.  If you bother to check back you’ll see that I don’t think Butterfield is a bad player.

However, to repeat myself, in his own half he’s like a dragging anchor. He reminds me of Shackell in that respect. He tends to take too long to make a useless, negative pass. That’s why he gets stick from the fans. It happens so often I don’t think the fans even give him the benefit of the doubt anymore. Go figure eh?

1 hour ago, ramesses said:

Jesus wept and a strawman farted.

You do you realise that you are responding to a comment I made (to someone else) about Butterfield’s negative passing when he’s in his own half?

In the opposition half I don’t think he’s nearly as good, useful, talented, and brilliant as Hughes - but he has been better than Bryson of late, and I really like Bryson.  If you bother to check back you’ll see that I don’t think Butterfield is a bad player.

However, to repeat myself, in his own half he’s like a dragging anchor. He reminds me of Shackell in that respect. He tends to take too long to make a useless, negative pass. That’s why he gets stick from the fans. It happens so often I don’t think the fans even give him the benefit of the doubt anymore. Go figure eh?

I was responding generally to the idea that he had nobody within ten yards. So smashed it backwards without reason. In real time, on video playback and even on stills he did what I'd have expected most to have done. He's Butterfield, not Messi. In fact, I think even little Leo might have played that one safe. It was fired into him and he had two men on him. 

That there was a thread knocking him for that rather than be happy he scored is why I was amused. It's only opinions. We all have them. :)

On ‎18‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 16:40, rynny said:

Apologies @rammieib, just watched again, didn't see the second first time of watching. But it was a pass to Pearce who could then make a 5 yard pass to Hughes to get going the other side as Butterfield couldn't make the pass directly to Hughes but Pearce took too long and didn't make the simple pass.

Fair play, the defenders were closer than I thought so apologies for that.

I'd like to think though that his pass could have gone to Pearce/Olsson or if he had been in the game for a while he could have controlled it and pushed it forward all in one motion taking the two Huddersfield players out of the picture in one go. Butterfield isn't clever enough for that IMO, Hughes is.

I won't retract from the position that genuinely Butterfield isn't good enough. Cupping his ear for me was aimed at both sets of fans and I find that embarrassing. Here is a player that has scored 2 or 3 goals all season and contributed very little and after one deflected goal wants to give it back. How many players on the team currently have earned enough praise this season to 'give it back' - maybe Ince?

3 hours ago, rammieib said:

Fair play, the defenders were closer than I thought so apologies for that.

I'd like to think though that his pass could have gone to Pearce/Olsson or if he had been in the game for a while he could have controlled it and pushed it forward all in one motion taking the two Huddersfield players out of the picture in one go. Butterfield isn't clever enough for that IMO, Hughes is.

I won't retract from the position that genuinely Butterfield isn't good enough. Cupping his ear for me was aimed at both sets of fans and I find that embarrassing. Here is a player that has scored 2 or 3 goals all season and contributed very little and after one deflected goal wants to give it back. How many players on the team currently have earned enough praise this season to 'give it back' - maybe Ince?

We should probably find it more embarrassing that, more than one player, has felt the need to react to our fans like that over the past few seasons. Shows what they think to the 'support' they receive.

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

We should probably find it more embarrassing that, more than one player, has felt the need to react to our fans like that over the past few seasons. Shows what they think to the 'support' they receive.

Third player to have a pop! 

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Poor loves, so stressful for them.

24 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Must be even more stressful for the fans who are that desperate for the Premier League that it prompts them to boo their own players.

Sorry, was forgetting we pay their wages..

Absolutely so we know how hard they should try.

16 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Absolutely so we know how hard they should try.

And we should all be clever enough to work out that abusing them obviously affects them in a negative way and they are more likely to want to put in the extra effort if we are supportive.

Archived