One moment today sums it up for me

KBB

Butterfield, on the edge of his on box, under pressure, gets a pass smashed at him, hip height, on his wrong foot and get moans and jeers for the ball going backwards.

Sums it up for me really. More wrong at this club than just getting rid of managers and players.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, KBB said:

Butterfield, on the edge of his on box, under pressure, gets a pass smashed at him, hip height, on his wrong foot and get moans and jeers for the ball going backwards.

Sums it up for me really. More wrong at this club than just getting rid of managers and players.

Oh do give it a rest. He's never happier when passing the ball sideways. Blame the fans for being fed up with players taking the easy option?

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Oh do give it a rest. He's never happier when passing the ball sideways. Blame the fans for being fed up with players taking the easy option?

You can blame him all you want but the fact is our players have been piss poor all season at creating options going forwards. 

We we all know from his time at Huddersfield and last season with us that he's got a brilliant passing range. Give the guy s break and he'll produce the goods as soon as players start making 'intelligent' runs. 

The fans aren't bloody robots, we can't get excited and behind the team when there's nothing for us to get behind! Granted that was more Huddersfield not playing than our own team today, but I'm fed up of seeing threads blaming the fans! The players need to bloody well take responsibility!

22 minutes ago, KBB said:

I see your gist, but thought frustration of a slow moving game kicked in at that point. I don't agree with it as the pressure makes players over think and make mistakes but i could see why. 5 minutes later we were playing much higher and it was all forgotten about 

Remember the incident you mention and in that instance jeers were wrong. 

He got the goal. Fair play to him. He also gave a really good interview to radio Derby after the game. Spoke well.

Hes a talented player, but he has never been a good fit since he's been here and has flattered to deceive at times. He's another that comes into category of good player but needs to be moved on to enable a better team balance. Rowett talked about this after the game, good players will need to be moved on. I think Butterfield will be one of those.

5 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Oi, ewe, if you're happy with mediocrity that's fine but don't have a pop at those that aren't. 

We keep hearing the "players have got to take responsibility" rhetoric from different players, it's time they walked the walk. Talk is cheap.

But I've just spent another 90 minutes listening to moan moan moan. Why do people go if they turn up at Pride Park and expect something they know is never going to happen at this moment in time? Give Rowett 3 windows? The fans don't give him 3 minutes before they're whining. 

it was rubbish which ever way you see it. 2 very poor sides not worth the admission price. If your going to charge 20 or 30 quid you have to make it worth the admission price and that was a million miles away from being a worthy watch, very very poor from both sides.

5 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

But I've just spent another 90 minutes listening to moan moan moan. Why do people go if they turn up at Pride Park and expect something they know is never going to happen at this moment in time? Give Rowett 3 windows? The fans don't give him 3 minutes before they're whining. 

The thing for me though Ewe is today, (again) there didn't seem to be enough players attempting to make sure they would be in Rowetts plans for the future. There was no urgency to try and impress him. 

Now, I'm not expecting world class football but I did hope to see players play their way into a new manager's future plans when they must know they are all being scrutinised.

mwah. :)

Think everyone is missing the point..... chopping and changing hasn't helped one bit. We need to settle and stabilise. It's caught up with us. 

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

Or how about his first touch - received ball middle of pitch nobody around him and it goes back to Carson?

And his second pass was the same wasn't it? That's what had the fans groaning not an under pressure pass to him hip high. He's a good player and proved after that that he can be much more effective when trying to play the ball forward. 

Never understood any player getting booed at any point, let alone for simply passing a ball to a team mate in a direction other than forward. I remember last season Bradley getting booed just for coming on as a sub!!! WTF!!! As well as scoring a goal to salvage a point JB also delivered an inch perfect ball inside their RB into, I think, Anya's path. Don't know who the cocking of the ear was aimed at, but if it were me, I think I would have accompanied it with a firm middle finger to any so called fan booing for no good reason. Well done Jacob, hope you figure in next seasons line up. GR would be well advised to build the team around you! IMO.

Archived