One moment today sums it up for me

KBB

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Is it that they have all featured as scapegoat of the week at some point this season?

Think I've got it. Is it that they have dared to  acknowledge and to react to a needless "venting of opinion" otherwise known as "abuse".

I've been lucky enough to have been around a championship clubs set up and have a tiny not of first hand knowledge of how players feel and their opinion of the people doing it.

I will say this. There will be players at this club, like many in the championship, we are not alone in this respect, who hate and I mean hate a small element of our support.

One player I knew at this club got so much abuse as a scapegoat that if he had gone to press with his true feelings he would have been lynched.

4 minutes ago, KBB said:

One player I knew at this club got so much abuse as a scapegoat that if he had gone to press with his true feelings he would have been lynched.

Fortunately it's quite easy to guess who these players are. :D 

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Feel free to let us know.

Don't forget the others that have reacted too though, Baird, Keogh, Ince and Martin...

Like withyou and your Blackman comments, that wasn't the point. I'll let you figure it out for yourself you've plenty of wild ideas. :D 

6 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Any more for any more? We are up to 6 players that think some of our fans are knobs too!

Before the number 6 becomes an accepted fact, has it been confirmed or is there any decent evidence that Butterfield was having a pop at the home fans as well as the away fans?

I can’t find the post now, but I recall someone on here who was closer to the action posting that Butterfield was obviously leaning (or straining…I can’t remember the exact words) in the direction of the away fans. If that's true then that it sounds like he was reacting to the mocking chants he had been getting from the away fans.

1 minute ago, ramesses said:

Before the number 6 becomes an accepted fact, has it been confirmed or is there any decent evidence that Butterfield was having a pop at the home fans as well as the away fans?

I can’t find the post now, but I recall someone on here who was closer to the action posting that Butterfield was obviously leaning (or straining…I can’t remember the exact words) in the direction of the away fans. If that's true then that it sounds like he was reacting to the mocking chants he had been getting from the away fans.

Yes Butterfield confirmed it in his post match interview.

"Yes I was just letting some of the Derby fans know that us players think that they are complete bell ends"

Disclaimer: I most likely misheard what he actually said.

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Yes Butterfield confirmed it in his post match interview.

"Yes I was just letting some of the Derby fans know that us players think that they are complete bell ends"

Disclaimer: I most likely misheard what he actually said.

So not 6 then?

12 minutes ago, ramesses said:

So not 6 then?

I dont know? Did he confirm he was doing it to the Huddersfield fans?

All he said in his post match interview was that he was getting stick and reacted, did not say who to.

Let's assume he wasn't reacting to Derby fans, that's only 5 then...puts us in a much better light.

8 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I dont know? Did he confirm he was doing it to the Huddersfield fans?

All he said in his post match interview was that he was getting stick and reacted, did not say who to.

Let's assume he wasn't reacting to Derby fans, that's only 5 then...puts us in a much better light.

Why on earth would he need to confirm that? Footballers almost always do that to wind up the oppo fans.

I would expect some better evidence if it was also directed towards his own fans. For example, the intent was pretty obvious when Keogh snapped that time.

5 minutes ago, ramesses said:

Why on earth would he need to confirm that? Footballers almost always do that to wind up the oppo fans.

I would expect some better evidence if it was also directed towards his own fans. For example, the intent was pretty obvious when Keogh snapped that time.

The fact that he COULD have been doing at our fans should tell you all you need to know.

Archived