One moment today sums it up for me

KBB

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Think everyone is missing the point..... chopping and changing hasn't helped one bit. We need to settle and stabilise. It's caught up with us. 

Agree with this.

What player is playing the best stuff he's played in his career?

In 2014 there were a few lads that could claim they were hitting personal bests. Now?

Everybody is suffering. There's no system, no partnerships, no instinctive passing, movement, pressing or covering. It's 11 individuals battling away and as soon as they lose control of a game they fall apart because they're clueless. 

Some of them aren't good enough to do what's been needed and some haven't found a home in any system. 

Some fecker has got to start getting 100% (I'm not talking effort) out of these players. Hopefully Rowett will figure it out. 

Too many are average by their own standards all too often. 

It's alright buying and selling players but how much time, money and talent is wasting away because of our constant tinkering. 

And this goes for managers too. We need some guidance from the top all the way down. 

3 minutes ago, gfs1ram said:

Butterfields 'cocking of the ear' was aimed at the Huddersfield fans for the stick they had given him when he came on. It was not at Derby fans. He said as much in his interview.

I agree. They were mocking him loudly and clearly.

Pleased he got a goal today. He obviously has talent and has the odd good game - but far too often he acts like a trailing anchor putting the team on the back foot. People compare him to Hughes but most of the time he reminds me of Shackell.

17 minutes ago, gfs1ram said:

Butterfields 'cocking of the ear' was aimed at the Huddersfield fans for the stick they had given him when he came on. It was not at Derby fans. He said as much in his interview.

Said as much? He said he'd got 'pelters'. That's all he said. He never referred to either set of fans. But it looked like it was aimed at ours. Whatever. Fact is, both sets of fans gave him stick and he reacted accordingly having made an impact on the game. Good stuff. 

Will played it back into his half a fair amount today, never heard a sound...

3 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Agree with this.

What player is playing the best stuff he's played in his career?

In 2014 there were a few lads that could claim they were hitting personal bests. Now?

Everybody is suffering. There's no system, no partnerships, no instinctive passing, movement, pressing or covering. It's 11 individuals battling away and as soon as they lose control of a game they fall apart because they're clueless. 

Some of them aren't good enough to do what's been needed and some haven't found a home in any system. 

Some fecker has got to start getting 100% (I'm not talking effort) out of these players. Hopefully Rowett will figure it out. 

Too many are average by their own standards all too often. 

It's alright buying and selling players but how much time, money and talent is wasting away because of our constant tinkering. 

And this goes for managers too. We need some guidance from the top all the way down. 

Absolutely cock on! 

It's the result of having a life long fan Owning the club.

No patience, no time given to managers to stamp their own mark. No 2nd chance for a player who has an "off day". You can have 6 decent games on the bounce, then a mis-placed pass and your on the bench for the next one. You can see it in individual performances. Afraid to make a mistake so take the easy route or become anonymous and hope that effort alone gets you a start next time round. 

What other club would sack a manager whilst in the play off positions? 

What other club would sack a manager who guided you out of the relegation positions and had you knocking on the door of the play offs?

I still maintain we have the best squad in this division, barring Newcastle and Brighton (congrats by the way). As evidenced today v Huddersfield who I wouldn't swap one of ours for. But we just don't create the right environment for them to thrive either as individuals or as a team. Take Will as a prime example. He should be in the prem (with or without Derby) and pressing for an England call up, he's clearly that good. But this last couple of seasons has seen him go backwards to the point where he's warming the bench in mid table. And look at the other top players we have of have had that have not reached full potential. Weimann, Butters, Vydra, BJ, Martin, Nugent, Bent, Bryson, Russell..... The list goes on.

Mel is a die hard fan, and like all fans, is as fickle as f@&k and knows nowt about football!

25 minutes ago, Warren Hobhead said:

Said as much? He said he'd got 'pelters'. That's all he said. He never referred to either set of fans. But it looked like it was aimed at ours. Whatever. Fact is, both sets of fans gave him stick and he reacted accordingly having made an impact on the game. Good stuff. 

Will played it back into his half a fair amount today, never heard a sound...

Probably because Hughes passes the ball to players with better options to move the ball forward and after passing the ball he immediately moves into a position to receive the ball back with a better chance to take it forward.

It would be great if Butterfield did similar, but he usually doesn’t.

10 minutes ago, ramesses said:

Probably because Hughes passes the ball to players with better options to move the ball forward and after passing the ball he immediately moves into a position to receive the ball back with a better chance to take it forward.

If it wasn't such a dire game, I would have suggested you watch it again!

1 hour ago, mozza said:

It was the Huddersfield fans singing 'what a waste of money ' at least i hope it was 

Can Mel sing? (only joking,Mel and Butters).

Based on todays evidence i would say he is better than anything huddersfield have got in midfield, but just not good enough for us. 

1 hour ago, ramesses said:

It'd be great if Hughes affected a game....

3 hours ago, Warren Hobhead said:

It'd be great if Hughes affected a game....

Hughes was the best midfield player on the pitch?

rowett said he was "excellent".

I think we need to Jeer the players more. A few months back didn't we moan at Ince then he scored and reacted the same way towards the fans? He can be frustrating passing it back most of the time but their is no need to ironic cheer all the time.

Yesterday was like a Pre-Season game no feel to it hardly at all. I do agree the fans and the players connection has been lost I think. A lot of change is needed. I remember when the fans and the team had a great connection especially in the PO final campaign. Let's hope we some how get that back..

12 hours ago, superzak said:

it was rubbish which ever way you see it. 2 very poor sides not worth the admission price. If your going to charge 20 or 30 quid you have to make it worth the admission price and that was a million miles away from being a worthy watch, very very poor from both sides.

It was an example of the same tactics used by the visiting team week in week out. 4-4-2 formation and and a rigid one at that when we were in possession midfield 4 and back 4 with no more than 15 yards between them. Then HOOOOOOFFFFF break at pace and we are exposed at the back, it's been the same story for the last 3 years. Yet we still struggle to break the opponents down ??

We on the other hand offer very little pace going forward and absolutely no one showing for the ball from throw ins (that in it's self is a pet hate). 

5 hours ago, RamNut said:

Hughes was the best midfield player on the pitch?

rowett said he was "excellent".

He certainly attempted to create, close down, tackle and get forward. I'm wondering at those who can't see what a quality footballer he is developing into, I suggest they watch cricket!

Archived