One moment today sums it up for me

KBB

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I thought the moment that summed that game up, was when Camara got the ball, lost the ball, and was promptly booked for pulling the player back.

Definitely.

Or when Christie put an unpressured headed backpass out for a corner?

Or when Bent took the FK clearly against the wishes of the other players, most of all Will Hughes who walked off in a huff, only to sky it.

I'm looking forward to Rowett's 'busy summer'.

13 hours ago, rammieib said:

Or how about his first touch - received ball middle of pitch nobody around him and it goes back to Carson?

You mean when when we were knocking it about one touch with Huddersfield hunting us down and he played that pass to ensure we regained control? 

Fans are stupid. All fans see is "backward pass, must boo, booooo". Fans ignore the situation. The situation warranted either that pass to allow us to regain control or an incisive pass to cut them open and expose their press, from memory I don't seem to remember an option for him.

1 hour ago, Ashz09 said:

I think we need to Jeer the players more. A few months back didn't we moan at Ince then he scored and reacted the same way towards the fans? He can be frustrating passing it back most of the time but their is no need to ironic cheer all the time.

Yesterday was like a Pre-Season game no feel to it hardly at all. I do agree the fans and the players connection has been lost I think. A lot of change is needed. I remember when the fans and the team had a great connection especially in the PO final campaign. Let's hope we some how get that back..

Used to be nice seeing the players interact and have a laugh on Twitter.

Most got abused off of it :lol:

No wonder there's no connection!

30 minutes ago, cannable said:

You mean when when we were knocking it about one touch with Huddersfield hunting us down and he played that pass to ensure we regained control? 

Fans are stupid. All fans see is "backward pass, must boo, booooo". Fans ignore the situation. The situation warranted either that pass to allow us to regain control or an incisive pass to cut them open and expose their press, from memory I don't seem to remember an option for him.

No. He means his first touch when, as Rammieib say, he has wasn't under pressure and I don't recall Huddersfield "hunting us down" on that occasion. In terms of options, the point is he didn't seem to look for any just instinctively passed it backwards to Carson. In his defence, I guess he had only just come on and obviously hadn't got in to the game yet.

as for your final paragraph, we're not all stupid. I never ever boo and don't always expect an incisive pass. There are time when passing it back or hoofing it forward is the right thing to do. What annoys some of us though is to not even look for a forward pass when you've got time to look around. 

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

No. He means his first touch when, as Rammieib say, he has wasn't under pressure and I don't recall Huddersfield "hunting us down" on that occasion. In terms of options, the point is he didn't seem to look for any just instinctively passed it backwards to Carson. In his defence, I guess he had only just come on and obviously hadn't got in to the game yet.

as for your final paragraph, we're not all stupid. I never ever boo and don't always expect an incisive pass. There are time when passing it back or hoofing it forward is the right thing to do. What annoys some of us though is to not even look for a forward pass when you've got time to look around. 

I don't remember this occasion so can't comment, I only remember one ball back to Carson 

37 minutes ago, Alpha said:

You should check how often Bryson does this. I quite like him as an attacker but in our half he's every bit as bad as Butterfield and worse. 

Why does no one pick up on it? Because he runs a lot. 

Maybe Butterfield should try running?

51 minutes ago, Alpha said:

You should check how often Bryson does this. I quite like him as an attacker but in our half he's every bit as bad as Butterfield and worse. 

Why does no one pick up on it? Because he runs a lot. 

and hes capable of scoring high quality goals,when the teams set up with the right mix......we dont forget that

5 minutes ago, rynny said:

Are you on about Bryson or Butterfield?

Butterfield was known once upon a time as someone at Huddersfield who scored a lot of goals outside the box. Then we brought him! I think he's talking about Bryson though.

3 minutes ago, Ashz09 said:

Butterfield was known once upon a time as someone at Huddersfield who scored a lot of goals outside the box. Then we brought him! I think he's talking about Bryson though.

To be fair, he scored more goals than any other player in the league from outside the box last year.

4 minutes ago, Ashz09 said:

He scored more for us last season than he did for Huddersfield the season before and scored 2 less last season than Bryson has since his 13/14 season.

I think I'm stuck in the Season when Bryson scored something like 16 Goals. How I would love that Bryson back!

Bryson scored 16 league goals for Derby in the 2013–14 season, which was more than he had scored in any of his previous three seasons combined. He put this improvement down to manager Steve McClaren: "he's changed the formation slightly and I have more freedom to get in the box and support Chris [Martin]. We are a good partnership."[111]Scotland manager Gordon Strachan hailed the understanding between the two when he called them up for a friendly with Nigeria in May 2014: "When you look at the link-up between [Martin] and Bryson, I think it's 40-odd goals they've scored between them. It's a smashing partnership."[112]

Martin himself said of his partnership with Bryson in May 2014: "I think people must hate playing against him, because I certainly would. I wouldn't want to mark him. People can't stay with him, he's got that much energy. From my point of view, he helps my game, because he takes people away and runs in behind. It makes it easier for me to play, because he's always there next to me."[113]

What I'd do for them 40 something goals again..

58 minutes ago, Ashz09 said:

I think I'm stuck in the Season when Bryson scored something like 16 Goals. How I would love that Bryson back!

Bryson scored 16 league goals for Derby in the 2013–14 season, which was more than he had scored in any of his previous three seasons combined. He put this improvement down to manager Steve McClaren: "he's changed the formation slightly and I have more freedom to get in the box and support Chris [Martin]. We are a good partnership."[111]Scotland manager Gordon Strachan hailed the understanding between the two when he called them up for a friendly with Nigeria in May 2014: "When you look at the link-up between [Martin] and Bryson, I think it's 40-odd goals they've scored between them. It's a smashing partnership."[112]

Martin himself said of his partnership with Bryson in May 2014: "I think people must hate playing against him, because I certainly would. I wouldn't want to mark him. People can't stay with him, he's got that much energy. From my point of view, he helps my game, because he takes people away and runs in behind. It makes it easier for me to play, because he's always there next to me."[113]

What I'd do for them 40 something goals again..

Exactly. That's football, a team game. 

Without the right team around him all Bryson ever does is pass 10 yards the way he's facing when receiving the ball. 

Butterfield isn't the only one to do too much useless passing.

Other classic stupidity includes Cyrus Christie dithering, wooden legs 5 minutes to do what he could have done with 1 touch Alex Pearce and "can this be a free kick" Olsson who always always stops the ball dead before doing anything at all.

We beat ourselves half the time

Interstingly both rowett and michael johnson referred to butterfields negative passes in post match interviews.

just saying.

4 hours ago, cannable said:

You are joking right? He had no Huddersfield player within ten yards of him (Which he would know if he was a good player as they always keep looking), a good player would receive the ball, control it and turn all in one motion and then look ahead of him.

No, his idea was to pass it from the middle of his own half back to Carson in his 18 yard box. Momentum killed in one hit.

I don't mind the defenders playing triangles with their passing - its virtually always a 3 on 2 scenario and about finding the open man who can then progress forwards. The problem with Butterfield is that he was the open man and the ball instead of going forward went back to our goalkeeper! For what - either a big boot forwards to our attacking gnome size forwards or to play the triangles again.

And then, 30 seconds later, his second touch of the game, when in space with nobody within 5-10 yards of him went backwards again.

This creates a culture of playing amongst the team - its frustrating as anything and we simply don't have good enough players to continue playing this way and expect success.

And I'm not stupid - I read and understand the game very well. However with 20 minutes to go, losing one nil, when a player, any player, gets the ball just inside his own half with time and space, I don't want that ball going back to my goal keeper. Never!

Archived