Get. John. Terry.

Rammeister

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bet everyone here who hated him also hated Savage and Nugent before they played for us, but when they were at the club they became very well liked. JT is in the same category of '****** unless he plays for us' I reckon so I don't see that as a reason not to get him.

In terms of leadership he's comfortably best Englishman in the country with regards to that, which is something we desperately need. He's a fighter, a battler, extremely brave and most importantly a winner, again something which we've lacked in recent years. 

He has a lot of issues though. Firstly he'd cost an absolute bombshell in wages I'd imagine, if he did continue playing at the end of the season it's likely he'd go to America for a bigger paycheck. He's also so slow that it looks like he's running in treacle and turns like a tank.

I'd probably pass on him to be honest. If we signed him I could see him being another Andy Todd, good in the past put clearly past it and **** for us. Either way it's unlikely even if we wanted him, surely has to have more lucrative offers.

I'd score it a 3. Do any of us have a clue how well Terry and Rowett got on? 

Love/like/loathe the guy his footballing ability WAS right up there. In the  Championship I think he'd be outstanding. Read what he said, he's looking for a fresh challenge in this country. Money is no issue to him so I doubt he'd be holding out for a huge salary. Very unlikely but still better odds than Leicester as champions of England. I mean come on, how loopy can you get :thumbsup:

No chance would Terry come to Derby, he would not put up with certain fans booing him, if he makes a back pass on his Derby first start, that would be it for some fans, if you do not play forward passes all the time, then you are not good enough, for this great club of ours Lol,  Some Fans at this club are a joke, hope these fans are staying away next season, there starting to spoil my enjoyment of going to the matches, hope these fans stay away, we will be a better team for it.

He's one level above Joey Barton in the nasty people list so that's far too close for my club. I want Derby to progress as much as anyone but not at any cost, ignoring the fact that he'll screw every penny out of whoever is prepared to sign him.

2 hours ago, Derby blood said:

No chance would Terry come to Derby, he would not put up with certain fans booing him, if he makes a back pass on his Derby first start, that would be it for some fans, if you do not play forward passes all the time, then you are not good enough, for this great club of ours Lol,  Some Fans at this club are a joke, hope these fans are staying away next season, there starting to spoil my enjoyment of going to the matches, hope these fans stay away, we will be a better team for it.

Of course Derby are unique in having such fans. 

Archived