Get. John. Terry.

Rammeister

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He could probably double his money in Qatar, go and play in LA or fly to China. He would probably get several Premier League offers. 

He's about as likely as Michael Owen was to come and play for Derby in the middle of the Championship.

"hi John, derby here, how do you fancy turning down £200k a week from China to join us?,  We can guarantee that the fans will be patient with you, won't jear when you miss a header or tackle or when your distribution isn't forward leading directly to a goal everytime you pass the ball"

Laughable suggestion. Utterly laughable.

I started the thread slightly tongue in cheek after hearing he will be leaving Chelsea at the end of the season.

I think back to Dave Mackay (no way would he come to Derby- he did) and latterly Igor and how they galvanised our team. I believe experienced leadership and 'presence' is what we are missing. And, no, I have no issue with Keogh. He can stay as captain for all I care, but I still think having Terry or someone who has been around, done it and worn the tee shirt would make a significant difference to us.

Archived