Get. John. Terry.

Rammeister

18 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Of course Derby are unique in having such fans. 

It's worse though mate, listening to all the crap from these sky sport fans, even heard yesterday that Rowett needs to know his best 11, and fans shouting shoot all the time when 50 bloody yards away, I am sure there has been more moaning at pride Park in the past 6 years,  and this type of atmosphere does not help the team.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

It's worse though mate, listening to all the crap from these sky sport fans, even heard yesterday that Rowett needs to know his best 11, and fans shouting shoot all the time when 50 bloody yards away, I am sure there has been more moaning at pride Park in the past 6 years,  and this type of atmosphere does not help the team.

It's why I stay away now apart from the odd game and the main reason I think we continue to fail.  But the "I pay my way I'm entitled to boo / moan" brigade unfortunately continue to attend and think we are entitled to be storming the league.  

How anyone can think that that type of atmosphere can result in anything other than negative is simply deluded.

40 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

You may be right buddy but I'm convinced we're not really that different to most other clubs.

There's one idiot (east upper, row J I think, around seat number 378-385. You know who you are if you visit this site) that constantly moans (very loudly) about Carson. When Ince was substituted on Monday he shouted "you're not fit to the wear the shirt". I suspect that individual will be a tad annoyed when the winner and top nominations for player of the year are announced. 

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

You may be right buddy but I'm convinced we're not really that different to most other clubs.

There's one idiot (east upper, row J I think, around seat number 378-385. You know who you are if you visit this site) that constantly moans (very loudly) about Carson. When Ince was substituted on Monday he shouted "you're not fit to the wear the shirt". I suspect that individual will be a tad annoyed when the winner and top nominations for player of the year are announced. 

Yes football has changed, all clubs have its sky sports experts, I just go and watch my team, and get behind them, been doing it since 1979, as a 8 year old, and will carrying supporting my team, till the day I die.

You're so right. I wonder why some 'fans' bother to support when all they seem to do is moan and criticise - about the players, the manager, the chairman etc etc. 

Most of us will have player favourites but also other players who we feel shouldn't have been bought but these days it's so easy to criticise from afar via the various 'social media' (hate that phrase) and that includes football forums. Having read some of the derogatory comments on the likes of Keogh, Johnson, Blackman and Martin, I seriously doubt if the individuals making those comments would have been brave enough to have done so had it been on a face to face basis with the players concerned.

2 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

He's one level above Joey Barton in the nasty people list so that's far too close for my club. I want Derby to progress as much as anyone but not at any cost, ignoring the fact that he'll screw every penny out of whoever is prepared to sign him.

I'm very interested in this list! Come on Wolfie20 spill the beans. Maybe we could go after the eleven lowest ranked in your list? :D

14 hours ago, Derby blood said:

Yes football has changed, all clubs have its sky sports experts, I just go and watch my team, and get behind them, been doing it since 1979, as a 8 year old, and will carrying supporting my team, till the day I die.

Starting in 1979 - nobody could accuse you of being a half-fan or glory hunter.

I first went in 1975 and at least got 18 months where we were right up there as one of the best in the land. 

Sith Happens

I'd have him for a couple of seasons. He's what we need, an experienced head.

He will end up in China or the MLS though

Don't know what's amusing... people who really think he will come.

Or people (presumably some among the 'our fans are rubbish as they act so entitled' brigade) who are saying 'no way' to an ex England captain who on the field seems to be a model pro and has been a regular until recently in the best team in England. 

IF he came for a season or two I would be very pleased.  He won't. 

Dont know who is more mental, the fans that think we have a chance of signing him or the ones that think john terry, one of the best centre backs to ever play in the premier league isnt what we need and would be a rubbish signing

absolutely ridiculous, he'd never sign for us & he is still a million times better than any defender in this division 

10 hours ago, Ilsonram12 said:

He'd do a sol Campbell on us or that experienced Everton defender we had for 1 game

No

You mean Alan Stubbs who got a serious knee injury and had to retire because of it?

Archived