Mac Sacked

LeedsRam1999

McClaren Sacking  

356 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I know little of him but what's wrong with Alex Neil?

He wouldn't have been a terrible appointment but he was sacked for similar reasons to Mac. Underachieving with squads good enough to be top six. I don't think Mel would've gone straight in for a sacked manager of a club with roughly the same issues to address as us. It would be the same as Norwich now going for McClaren, which would also be very surprising.

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Kernow said:

He wouldn't have been a terrible appointment but he was sacked for similar reasons to Mac. Underachieving with squads good enough to be top six. I don't think Mel would've gone straight in for a sacked manager of a club with roughly the same issues to address as us. It would be the same as Norwich now going for McClaren, which would also be very surprising.

Excepting he'd taken them up just the season before and says this season was consolidation. I'm worried that GR is another Pearson style manager.

1 hour ago, Angry Ram said:

Spot on.. 

All eyes on Morris now making the right decision... Finally !!

Still cant help feeling that the wheels really came off after the FA Cup game at Leicester.. Still cant square that circle.

I think the wheels were off before then, the Norwich and Leeds games were an indication of what was to come!

9 hours ago, toddy said:

It is a very sad time for the club, we had a manager with a very good win ratio that has now been sacked. Now pushed out of the door because of the continual lack of effort of the players on the pitch.

Since 2015, we have had Mac 1, Clement, Walsall, Pearson, Mac 2, Rowett?

6 managers in 2 years!       Same players!!!!!?

Perhaps Mel should actually look at the players, and why they are not doing what is asked of them rather changing managers every few months.

We will never get any stability here whilst the axe is continually falling what happened to the common sense within Derby County.

Mel, whilst you are a fan and one that finances us very well, maybe it's time to let a manager manage.

A sad time for all Derby fans.

You're Kenny Burns and I claim my £5. :whistle:

9 hours ago, toddy said:

It is a very sad time for the club, we had a manager with a very good win ratio that has now been sacked. Now pushed out of the door because of the continual lack of effort of the players on the pitch.

Since 2015, we have had Mac 1, Clement, Walsall, Pearson, Mac 2, Rowett?

6 managers in 2 years!       Same players!!!!!?

Perhaps Mel should actually look at the players, and why they are not doing what is asked of them rather changing managers every few months.

We will never get any stability here whilst the axe is continually falling what happened to the common sense within Derby County.

Mel, whilst you are a fan and one that finances us very well, maybe it's time to let a manager manage.

A sad time for all Derby fans.

Bloody hell,i actually agree with toddy.....

41 minutes ago, Kernow said:

If Mel thinks Mac has underachieved with this squad then he is utterly deluded.

I think that what Mel's had enough of is the disintegration of that hard working, robust and decent team from November, into this half-arsed shambles we've witnessed since January. Unreal how we've gone from utter gash to rock steady to utter gash performances. 

Players have to be blamed for not delivering, but it's always going to be the manager not the players who carry the can.

I still maintain that we need at least 6, probably 10 of this squad gone in summer. Need a bit more Robbie Van der Laan and a bit less Jacob Butterfield.

3 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

If Mel thinks Mac has underachieved with this squad then he is utterly deluded.

I think that's exactly what Mel believes though. We got in to the top six and slipping away from the pack has resulted in the axe being wielded again. Mac has essentially dug his own grave by performing so well when he first came in around 5 months ago.

10 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I think that's exactly what Mel believes though. We got in to the top six and slipping away from the pack has resulted in the axe being wielded again. Mac has essentially dug his own grave by performing so well when he first came in around 5 months ago.

I think you're right on that one. Had we say lost to Sheff Wed and QPR during that run, but beat Blackburn and Cardiff City recently then perhaps the situation would be completely different.

From a fans perspective I've no doubt it would be. 

What ultimately worries me though is that Mel genuinely believes we should be pushing for automatic promotion with the squad as it is. That because he's spent £50m in fees and wages on players over the past two seasons, then the squad should automatically be up there challenging.

Football doesn't work like that Mel. And the sooner you realise this, the better!

Recruit to a system, don't recruit available 'good players' if they don't fit and certainly don't pay way over the odds in terms of fees/wages for players who most definitely don't fit.

Unless Mel is willing to give a manager more than 2 years to mould his own squad, I'll go on record now saying we will never get promotion to the PL under his ownership.

I'm not sure this is the right move as I wanted Steve to get a summer to do some much needed work on a truly underperforming squad, but I can see how it could work out under Rowett. I blame the players much more than Macca, and I hope Rowett gets rid of some of them anyway.

If any one of them apart from Ince, maybe Keogh, Baird and Pearce, thinks they deserve anything other than the dustbin this year they're kidding themselves. That's three, probably four managers they've had sacked now, with all the same faces here. It's madness.

I wanted Rowett over Pearson last year, so truly I should be Mel and Mel should be in my shoes.

6 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I think you're right on that one. Had we say lost to Sheff Wed and QPR during that run, but beat Blackburn and Cardiff City recently then perhaps the situation would be completely different.

From a fans perspective I've no doubt it would be. 

What ultimately worries me though is that Mel genuinely believes we should be pushing for automatic promotion with the squad as it is. That because he's spent £50m in fees and wages on players over the past two seasons, then the squad should automatically be up there challenging.

Football doesn't work like that Mel. And the sooner you realise this, the better!

Recruit to a system, don't recruit available 'good players' if they don't fit and certainly don't pay way over the odds in terms of fees/wages for players who most definitely don't fit.

Unless Mel is willing to give a manager more than 2 years to mould his own squad, I'll go on record now saying we will never get promotion to the PL under his ownership.

Obviously not proven, but I've read that squad overhauls were planned by both Pearson and McClaren and player power ultimately had an impact on both sackings. I'm not sure how true that is, but I do hope Mel agrees that the squad does need some serious work.

I like Rowett. If we get him I'll be behind him 100% but I could only see him operating here for a significant period of time if we have a proper plan put in place. In my opinion that plan would involve allowing Rowett the remaining games to assess the squad and give a list to Sam Rush/a DoF and saying sell these players. We may need to take a loss on a few of these players but if they're not going to be involved, get rid. Then have a proper recruitment plan in place. We're linked to Reading's technical director who seems to be doing a good job. We need to work out how we will play and do some proper work on finding players who are best suited to those roles. Mel really needs to let Rowett have a free reign on the squad no matter what. Then finally, he needs time. If we allow wholesale squad changes and then get rid of him within the season, then I'll honestly give up with Mel Morris altogether.

1 hour ago, Kernow said:

A la Ranieri. He did it on a bigger scale though. 

I will apologise In  advance to any fans who don't think I am being fair,but this load of players that we have are toxic and believe they are much better than they really are.

Played power is disgraceful but going behind the managers back and telling tales to MM is in my mind unforgivable and any chance I get before the season ends I  will be letting them know just what they are complete and utter snakes.

4 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Excepting he'd taken them up just the season before and says this season was consolidation. I'm worried that GR is another Pearson style manager.

You mean having the ability to assemble a side that won the Premiership, tactically astute, excellent motivator, strong leadership and doesn't suffer fools?

Why on earth would that worry you?

Just now, Pearson said:

You mean having the ability to assemble a side that won the Premiership, tactically astute, excellent motivator, strong leadership and doesn't suffer fools?

Why on earth would that worry you?

Because that wasn't achieved by Pearson alone. In fact many other more talented people lay claim to the better bits of Leicester's recent history. See why I'm worried now.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Because that wasn't achieved by Pearson alone. In fact many other more talented people lay claim to the better bits of Leicester's recent history. See why I'm worried now.

Disingenuous if you cannot accept that Pearson lay the foundations, and if Rowett can achieve a similar goal, which I believe he can, well happy days.

I know McClaren certainly wasn’t capable.

Archived