Blackburn Rovers v Derby County

AmericanRam

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Why would any sane fan call for his sacking? We were 22nd when Mac took over with 6 points from 9 games. 

To reach the playoffs we'd need around 76 points, so for Mac it would have been (after Cardiff and Reading) 66 points from 35 games. Thats automatic form...

So you were expecting us to go on near automatic form for the rest of the season, considering we are minus Martin, Hendrick and Forsyth?

Cant you see how unbalanced our side is, and as a result how unrealistic your expectations are? Pearson left us in a mess, one which can't be undone until thos summer.

Blaming Mac or suggesting he should be walking the tightrope is ridiculous. 

Did you even read my post?! I never expected us to reach the playoffs, fuckwit Nigel had already seen that ship sail barring miracle. What I did expect however was to at this stage not be losing to relegation threatened teams and have a bit more attack in us, be a bit more dynamic. We may well be missing Martin, but there's still enough good championship players in there to beat Burton bloody Albion for christs sake, people need to stop making excuses and blaming everything on Pearson, when it's clear mcclaren has no more clue on how to stop the poor form than he did!

Add this to the fact that mcclaren has had a transfer window in which to sort out the issues within the team, clearly it's not easy to do business in January, but mcclaren seemed very much content with your so called unbalanced team, so does he not get any criticism for not sorting it out when he had the chance?! No one was expecting miracles, but anyone could have done a better Jon than Pearson, and I for one was expecting after the good work mcclaren did to start with for him to start to build and identity and style ready to go for next season. Yet here we are, after another loss to a Lower team, and another game without a goal, no closer to the solution!

22 minutes ago, The Arch Deacon said:

Agreed! So rest him, bring him off the bench, give him every other game, whatever?

Ive got an Audi R8 in the garage, but with a wheel missing. So I reckon the wife's Fiesta would beat me in a race! 

.......I haven't by the way,....the R8.......just makin a point........it's a 10year old Mondeo.......and its about fecked........still, done me proud over the years........crap colour though.........like a rusty bronze........with tints!

You won't find me arguing with you on that. 

And the tints…..Classy!

6 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

He needs at least the summer to build what he wants, and ship out the serial failures. However, he really needs to learn to adapt quickly. He seems to take forever to cotton on that something isn't working.  

I disagree. What would work with these players? Its such an unbalanced squad there is no set system or way of playing which suits all.

We could go long ball but have nobody up top capable of winning it. Our wide players are ineffective without any aerial presence to aim for.

We can throw extra bodies uptop, but that leaves us short in other areas. Its not like we have a raging nuisance in Sammon to bring on. Our options are the powderpuff trio of Camara, Vydra and Anya...

We have no ball-carrier in midfield. Nobody capable of grabbing it and running.

Remember Hendrick's goal in the playoff semi-final. He got it, ran and played a one-two with Bamford... Yeah, we have nobody who can do that now. Zilch.

Setting my perpetual happyclapper stance aside briefly, why is it we don't start games the way we seem to be finishing them? I think for the last dozen games the starting line-up should be the following:

GK - Razza (playing as a rush-goalie
RB - Cyrus (only playing as left wing)
CB - Butters
CB - Hughes
RB - Lowe (in the aforementioned Cyrus role, but rightside)
MIDS - None
STRIKERS - Ince, Martin, Bent, Vydra, Nugent, Bryson & Jonny

The formation would be something like a 0-2-10 which ought definitely put a cat of two amongst the pigeons.

And before all the 'judges' slag off my suggestion, yes, I know it's ridiculous as we're only allowed 11 players at any one time but we've gotta try something, right?

COYR

20 minutes ago, The Arch Deacon said:

I'm gonna do a Dead Kennedy's, and get Too Drunk to F***!

for those old enough to remember the halcyon days of punk rock!

Or their We've Got a Bigger Problem Now

It's hard to find the words on nights like this. 

We're just not very good. 

15 points above the relegation places with  14 to play should see us safe, I'd like to think. 

We've got too much to plan out to leave it to the summer, we need to start now. It's a shame we have so many underperforming players on such large sums. 

14 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Add this to the fact that mcclaren has had a transfer window in which to sort out the issues within the team, clearly it's not easy to do business in January, but mcclaren seemed very much content with your so called unbalanced team, so does he not get any criticism for not sorting it out when he had the chance?! 

Or maybe we just decided not to compound the errors made by paying well over the odds for players like Angela, Wildschut and co. It'll be easier to rebuild over the summer when teams don't sniff our desperation and place absurd fees on players who would add little to what we already have. A hold-up striker is a must and apparently Fulham have a bloke called Martin who's out of favour so he'd be a good start. 

I thought I might get flamed for my critical comments pre-match, on page 10 of this thread...not chuffed about being proved right, I assure you.

All players under scrutiny now (except Carson, I'd say), this level just isn't acceptable.

If this team isn't careful, and we repeat recent dire performances, the PPS atmosphere will turn toxic again and undo all the hard work of 1884 and everyone....

IMHO, there is far more (self-inflicted) pressure on the players to perform now than if we were in the top 6.

But they can't see it, they are on the beach, or wondering where they will end up next season.

21 minutes ago, 86 points said:

If you find a decent and relatively inexpensive surgeon, do share his details please @reveldevil

I've settled for just a nick of the veins, and a decent bandage!

It's so hard to find the positives in a performance like that, but without seeing it myself, and so relying on Radio Derby for a view on the game, I'll wait until I've seen the whole 90 on RamsPlayer.

Which I won't do, obviously, seeing as we lost!

19 minutes ago, JG400 said:

Can you see them shipping out 8+ players though and bringing 8 in , I can't who would buy them , if he is going to stick with 433 , is mel going to let Anya , Vydra , go for nothing  and who wants Russell , Ollsen , Christe , two of Bryson, Johnson, Butterfield , or Shackell plus paying off Bent/ Baird , that is a clear out god we could get rid of so many bang average players its frightening

And can we trust anyone at the club to identify the right targets

That's the £25 million dollar question. 

Archived