• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AmericanRam said:

Blackburn Rovers v Derby County

Tuesday February 28th

19:45 KO

Ewood Park

I personally would like to see Bennett get the nod in this one. Hopefully we come out with some passion and get some confidence back.

COYR.

Always liked Bennett and hoped he would be closer to the first team. Possibly get a game but with both wingers playing decent today (only reports, didn't go), think he may be on bench again. 

Would like to see Nugent up top, think he has more hold up play in him than Benty.

Apart from that hopefully field the same players but maybe Johnson or Bryson in midfield, feel like hughes and Buttefield too similar. 

We need a team with more fire in their bellies, intent to move the ball forward and with purpose. Johnson fits that mould for me, as does Russell following on from, by all accounts, a solid performance today. I'd change the team slightly to a more, mobile, fluid unit suited to McClaren's footballing style.

Carson

Christie        Keogh             Shackell       Lowe

Johnson

Hughes                      Bryson

Ince                                                        Russell
                                                              Nugent

Are Blackburn on a winles run they really need to end?........

Team wise, I think Johnson for de sart, bryson for butters are the only changes we'll see. Unless Keogh isn't fit then I'll be shackell if he's fit, Baird if he's not.

He might play Nuge, but I think we all know <slander alert> Bent has some compromising photos of Steve McClaren with a brolly.

Carson

Christie Keogh Pearce Lowe

Baird De sart

Ince Hughes Bennett

Nugent

Subs: Mitchell, Anya, Shackell, Butterfield, Johnson, Bent, vernam

Let the players who are not in his plans know now so they can begin looking for new clubs as early as possible. We need to send probably 5/6 players out on loan (don't think we'll be able to sell them due to their wages being high) next season. 

Id have one eye on next seasons squad (without making wholesale changes that leave us weaker).

OK so it's obvious mac is going to stay loyal to his 4 3 3 system and good on him in some respects, proves he believes in his philosophy.  Which can only be a promising thing. In that case with the players we have available I'd go. 

Carson 

Christie    Keogh        Pearce    Lowe 

De sart

Hughes          Bryson 

Ince                                        Russel 

Nugent 

1 hour ago, Redcar said:

Any tips or advise on parking for tomorrow chaps? Last minute dot com ticket purchase last night for me and the boy :)

Been before but was 1985.... assuming it's changed a bit since and I was only 13 then! Lol

If you're going to the game via The M6 and M65 there are some industrial units off Branch Rd which charge around £5. Away end is approximately 10mins max from there. As for free parking , I actually live in Blackburn and embarrassingly can't think of anywhere at that end of the ground. I'm coming from the other side of town and plan to park on one of the side streets off Hollin Bridge St. This is also about 10mins from the ground. Only problem for you would be fighting you way back past the ground after the game to get back to the M65. Sorry I couldn't help any further.

Carson

Christie    Keogh      Pearce    Lowe 

Baird         Johnson

Ince                Hughes              Russell 

Bent 

Just let Christie & Lowe bomb up & down. Baird & Johnson to cover until they're knackered by half time! 

30 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

If you're going to the game via The M6 and M65 there are some industrial units off Branch Rd which charge around £5. Away end is approximately 10mins max from there. As for free parking , I actually live in Blackburn and embarrassingly can't think of anywhere at that end of the ground. I'm coming from the other side of town and plan to park on one of the side streets off Hollin Bridge St. This is also about 10mins from the ground. Only problem for you would be fighting you way back past the ground after the game to get back to the M65. Sorry I couldn't help any further.

Thats great buddy, appreciate that, thank you :) maybe see you at the game!

1 minute ago, Redcar said:

Thats great buddy, appreciate that, thank you :) maybe see you at the game!

No probs, sorry I couldn't be more specific. You may even be able to park free on Branch Rd itself if you get there early enough but not sure if they put cones out. Let's hope we get back on a winning streak. COYR. 

Archived