Blackburn Rovers v Derby County

AmericanRam

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Seriously? 

Yes i think so.

i think we will win one of those two games, but if we don't we've then got brighton away........and then forest.

Its getting serious.

and he doesn't change a non-functioning system until we're losing with 20 minutes to go.

When he did we had 2 good chances.

1 minute ago, GerryDaly said:

I do feel sorry for Steve. 

If he's to do anything here it's gonna have to be with a completely new  team .. he can't do anything with this one.. 

I was angry after the Villa match but I accepted the season was over and now just feel sorry for him .. 

Disagree! He's weak! He drops the wrong players, and refuses to give a sustained spell to some who might just need a run of games. He clearly reads the the forum experts and couch pundits on Twitter. Commit to your best 11and stick with it (injuries permitting) and believe that results will come as familiarity grows. 

3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Yet kodjia brings 1000x more to the team and plays for a team who have been even more gash than us. 

Absolute twaddle. Yes, he's properly galvanised Villa hasn't he?!?!? If you want to have a down on the team fair enough but at least think of a vaguely sensible way of expressing it.

Abysmal game of football. Two really poor sides. Us being poorer of the two. I've done a write up on the first half, not sure I'm interested in adding much else. 

We came out terribly after the break, sluggish and lacking enthusiasm. Then Pearce takes their man out and I knew that was game over. I had no faith in it turning around. 

Threw bodies forward in the end and I think it was Johnson who hit the bar but not sure. It was the worst I've seen since Pearson. I thought Leeds was bad but they played really well, Blackburn didn't. Emnes first half was awkward. Gallagher looks too good for them. But other than that, they looked for the taking if you hit them with pace. We are so bloody slow. 

I am angry. 90 minute journey home now. So I will refrain from rating each player. But Christie, De Sart and Hughes were awful. Four and five touches before making the wrong decision. 

Johnson, Nugent and maybe Camara the brightest. Stretching it though. 

Not sure what the answer is but it seems bleak to me. That's the first time I've felt like this since ***** Pearson left. We seem rigid to something that isn't working. 

Barnsley next....

8 minutes ago, RamontheMoor said:

It's not McClaren who isn't scoring or creating chances. The players have to shoulder a fair proportion of the blame too.

What about all the backroom staff?Should they all go too? We were all happy with how everything was until after new year.

We are on a run not dissimilar to Liverpool who have a world class manager in Klopp and players we could only dream of. It happens.

McClaren needs time, a close/pre season and a transfer window or two to start getting thing right.

This season is now officially a write off. Like I said before, it happens. It's football. Get over it and lets move on to the next game and hope they turn the corner. 

This....We need Steve to build his new team and be ruthless with it in pre season.

Said it before this team is a terrible mix of different managers purchases,all bought because they fitted an ex managers style,but together,they just don't fit at all.

Must be driving Steve mental this lot.....

Some absolute nonsenes being spouted in this thread.

McClaren out? Yeah, like that's gonna change anything.

Some players (maybe more than some) have no future with us next season.

I trust McClaren knows exactly who they are and is telling their agents to put the word out they'll be available.

You cannot sack your manager every February and expect something contructive to be formed.

And before any of you try using that argument to defend Pearson, I will say Pearson had his chance in the summer and simply made us worse. His decision to get rid of our dressing room leaders and what do we have now? A distinct lack of leaders. Genius.

Just now, 86 points said:

Absolute twaddle. Yes, he's properly galvanised Villa hasn't he?!?!? If you want to have a down on the team fair enough but at least think of a vaguely sensible way of expressing it.

Ignorance is a bliss. He's been Villa's only shining light this season. He also missed games due to the African cup of nations. You rate Chris Martin yeah, well he has proper galvanised Fulham hasn't he? Guess you don't rate him either now. Bent provides nothing apart from goals. 

27 minutes ago, The Arch Deacon said:

Will Hughes? Can we still continue to defend his form?.........just asking?

I wouldn't be to critical at the mo. He's in that first season back from and ACL injury, I've been expecting him to drop off a bit and his form has dipped with the team's, so he's not alone. 

3 minutes ago, SKRam said:

Being the only Ram at work I used to enjoy the banter with my blue and red colleagues (Manchester)..... They say they can't be arsed now 

Pushing for the playoffs before xmas... 

Bottling the playoffs post xmas....

It's the Derby way...

When I think of how on the Brighton forums they feared us catching them for the 2nd auto last December... :blink:

2 minutes ago, Warren Hobhead said:

Abysmal game of football. Two really poor sides. Us being poorer of the two. I've done a write up on the first half, not sure I'm interested in adding much else. 

We came out terribly after the break, sluggish and lacking enthusiasm. Then Pearce takes their man out and I knew that was game over. I had no faith in it turning around. 

Threw bodies forward in the end and I think it was Johnson who hit the bar but not sure. It was the worst I've seen since Pearson. I thought Leeds was bad but they played really well, Blackburn didn't. Emnes first half was awkward. Gallagher looks too good for them. But other than that, they looked for the taking if you hit them with pace. We are so bloody slow. 

I am angry. 90 minute journey home now. So I will refrain from rating each player. But Christie, De Sart and Hughes were awful. Four and five touches before making the wrong decision. 

Johnson, Nugent and maybe Camara the brightest. Stretching it though. 

Not sure what the answer is but it seems bleak to me. That's the first time I've felt like this since ***** Pearson left. We seem rigid to something that isn't working. 

Barnsley next....

The players don't deserve supporters like you, respect and safe home

McClaren's playing the system that suits the players, he's p,aye g them in position and he's largely playing the team that took us up to 5th in the table from obscurity.

I think this set of results really lies on the players shoulders, not sure if they lost their concentration or confidence first, but they seem to have neither at the moment. 

Irritating that this has happened when we had an alright shot at the play-off's but I'd rather these set of players do this now instead of next season, when we'll be making a far more convincing push for the promotion. Hopefully, if something good is going to come out of this run, it's that it'll be examined over the summer and the right steps will be taken (whether that be with recruitment or not) to ensure it doesn't happen again.

We better hit some form by the end of the season though, can't deal with people wanting us to change manager again.

Archived