Are we in crisis?.

Shaftesbury st

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

That awful team Bristol City - who are every other teams whipping boys? You must be mistaken!?

No mate. They've cancelled the next series of Geordie Shore and the streets of full of wailing, shirtless, hairy-arsed men crying like newborns. Shocking scenes mate!

We have a very poorly balanced squad. Would Anya, Vydra, Weimann, Blackman, Camara have added anything different today? There is no crisis but there is a lot of work to do and judging by what McClaren said post match he knows this yet unlike many he isn't putting any deluded expectations on this season.

38 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

If this is a crisis then I dread to think what Pearson's tenure was. Or even worse, what we would be in right now if Pearson was still here.

First ten games of the season =9 pts

Last ten Games =9 pts

Awful performances in some of the first ten games of the season and awful performances in some of the last ten games......

Nothing much has really changed.

Fans really need to get a grip, we are still a mid table team and nothing more........

No crisis, but the decision to get rid of McClaren, Clement and Pearson in a short space of time has come home to roost.

The playing staff are not in great nick. Questionable attitude over the last two years, imbalanced squad, and player for player too many are underachieving for whatever reason.

It may depend on what the owner's attitude is to transfers in the summer.

If he allows McClaren to spend then we should be ok but we could end up with an even bigger squad, and McClaren has already said it is too big.

If he says no money until we sell, then it might be difficult to shift some high earners so hard to say what shape we will be in.

The recruitment team have their work cut out in both ins and outs.

28 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

We have a very poorly balanced squad. Would Anya, Vydra, Weimann, Blackman, Camara have added anything different today? There is no crisis but there is a lot of work to do and judging by what McClaren said post match he knows this yet unlike many he isn't putting any deluded expectations on this season.

How many seasons you giving STEVE then ? 

McClaren hasn't got it. 

When are some DCFC fans gonna realise this ?? 

Even with the poor start .. and if I hear this as an excuse one more time I will explode ! .. even with the poor start we should be in the play offs ... 

look at the Championship table around December 15th ... 

STEVE  hasn't got it. 

I'm sorry... he's a nice man and a good guy ... ect ect 

But to me he seems destined for Sky pundit land .... 

4 minutes ago, GerryDaly said:

How many seasons you giving STEVE then ? 

I think you'll find BondJovi doesn't have that much influence at boardroom level, he's probably just like me and rolling with the boards decisions i.e. Pearson being appointed, I was aghast when that was announced but what could I do about it ?

4 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

I think you'll find BondJovi doesn't have that much influence at boardroom level, he's probably just like me and rolling with the boards decisions i.e. Pearson being appointed, I was aghast when that was announced but what could I do about it ?

I'm sorry again and this will be unpopular but .. 

This Villa side we just faced was down on it's bum .. (not brum) .. 

DCFC are becoming a laughing stock in this division. 

You really happy with Steve ? 

I'm angry. 

10 minutes ago, GerryDaly said:

McClaren hasn't got it. 

When are some DCFC fans gonna realise this ?? 

Even with the poor start .. and if I hear this as an excuse one more time I will explode ! .. even with the poor start we should be in the play offs ... 

look at the Championship table around December 15th ... 

STEVE  hasn't got it. 

I'm sorry... he's a nice man and a good guy ... ect ect 

But to me he seems destined for Sky pundit land .... 

Why exactly should this squad be in the playoffs? 

3 hours ago, Shaftesbury st said:

Interested to gauge people's views on where we are as a club. 

We have some very expensive outlays that will probably never have a firm role at the club and are on big wages and unlikely to be able to recoup fees paid. 

Does that impair us next season?. Who would you keep?.

Are we back in same situation with McLaren, no Plan  B, Plan A not working. I never wanted him back despite the fact he has given us our best football in recent times.

Do any fans blame Morris for this shambles?. 

No we are not in crisis. Always playing catch up after the dreadful start. I am quite hopeful for next season.

2 hours ago, Parsnip said:

No we're not in a ******* crisis. New manager came in and sent us on an astounding run to get us out of trouble. To get us in to the playoffs this season would've meant that run continuing without any dip in form - which predictably was a little too much to ask. 

A dip in form is normal especially with injuries and an imbalanced squad but for us any dip this season was bound to derail our unlikely challenge and it looks to have knocked our morale. **** it.

Anything was a bonus this season. Let the man work ffs and look forward to next season.

Exactly this. 

To make the play-offs Mac would to have delivered pretty much auto promotion form after taking over from Pearson. We were always going to hit a slump at some point, given the fragmented make up of the squad.

Make no mistake Mac has made a few mistakes recently, he shouldn't have tinkered as much as he did around the FA cup games, this disrupted our momentum. I also would like him to sort this ******* stupid system we have taken on for corners. 

That aside he's done pretty well with the situation he's inherited. I don't blame him for not spending much in Jan, I think he was right to keep his powder dry. He needed to see how the players dealt with the remainder of the season, this squad needs pruning this summer, no doubt about it, he then needs to bring in several quality players during the summer, only then can people really start to judge him.  

Archived