Are we in crisis?.

Shaftesbury st

23 minutes ago, Adslegend said:

10 points off the playoffs with 13 games to go with a game in hand on 6th place. Far from being in crisis. All it takes is one good run from us and we're right in the mix. People need to get a grip seriously.

Love your optimism but being realistic I don't see that happening - think we'll end up between 8th & 10th,, on around 65 points.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Justa said:

Perhaps you need to get a grip ?! I mean its lovely being so positive and all that but come on 3 points from 12 is hardly catapulting us up the table is it ?!

The irony of you telling @Adslegend to 'get a grip' is clearly lost on you. If the lad chooses not to go into meltdown at the prospect of us not 'catapulting up the league', many would commend his sense of perspective, I'd think!

14 minutes ago, Justa said:

Do you really believe that Steve is the man to do this ? 

I don't believe he will make us a title winning side but certainly a top 6 challenger. He's to one dimensional with the way he wants us to play every week and unwilling to change his game plan regardless of how the game is panning out. The lack of a plan b is a serious flaw in his approach at the minute.

I feel our biggest failing is our scouting network, we haven't had a signing in recent years that's really worked, that's with 4 different managers. The only manager in recent times to buy well and get value for money was Clough. If McClaren sorts out his requirement and gets the right players and working on a solid plan b over the summer there is no reason why we can't be challenging next season. He's certainly a good a coach, with the right ideas. We just don't have the players at the minute. 

It doesn't matter what I think, he will be manager of Derby next season that's for sure. All I know is, I will be there to support him and who knows hopefully he get us back in the Premiership. 

Just now, Parsnip said:

So just to clarify... you think we need to change the manager and the players... and that's not a crisis?

Not all the players no - the manager yes 

Not straight away - It would be my preference to have someone lined up at the end of the season,

Its not a crisis for the reasons already stated but if we want to achieve promotion rather than just flirt with it we need someone else.

5 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

2 points from 12. 3 of those games at home. All against weak perceived opposition. What from this tells you we will go on a run? 

Teams fortunes change. When looking at the run of 8 clean sheets at home you'd never predict that we'd go on to concede 7 goals in two home games. There's no reason that that defensive solidity can't return.

In terms of attacking, we've scored 15 goals in the last 10 matches- 6 of those goals being against teams above us in the football ladder so we're still very much capable going forward.

All we need is a couple of good results to kick on from.

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

But you really have no idea whether he will or not - if this was Feb 2018 I could understand, but it's not and you have little to base you feeling on, or is your bunion playing up?!

Because this has happened before with him !!!!!

11 minutes ago, BarrowRam said:

The trouble is we have chopped  and changed managers over the last two seasons. We've had no stability and mcclaren is back to try again. Like someone posted we need to forget about the play off final in 2014. Mel and Sam have to put a plan in place and stick to it. We should be looking at the likes of Southampton. A well run club with a long term vision.

Sam? Whos Sam? Is he still here?

Just now, Adslegend said:

Teams fortunes change. When looking at the run of 8 clean sheets at home you'd never predict that we'd go on to concede 7 goals in two home games. There's no reason that that defensive solidity can't return.

In terms of attacking, we've scored 15 goals in the last 10 matches- 6 of those goals being against teams above us in the football ladder so we're still very much capable going forward.

All we need is a couple of good results to kick on from.

Yes I agree - maybe if we had 3 winnable home games that would help........

Just now, Justa said:

You see it as an over reaction - fair enough - I see it that you are blind to the much more worrying run of form that we are in.

Presumably you are happy with the last 3 home games ?

Of course I ain't happy with those last 3 games, is anybody? Short term we're in a dip of form and long term things need to change but no need for melodrama. We all have differing views on what needs changing and there's nothing wrong with debating that. As much as we can't go back and change those 3 results, we also can't predict the future. I prefer to just grip tight and enjoy the ups and downs of the rocky roller coaster ride of being a Derby County fan. :thumbsup:

Crisis is ridiculous. 

False hope .... yes ! 

McClaren at christmas had it ALL in place to push on for that Play Off place... which was easily in our reach then ... 

A Fergie or a Clough (Brian) would've devoured that scenario and we'd be sitting just under the Geordies now ... 

Steve seems to ALWAYS miss the boat..... 

Archived