Are we in crisis?.

Shaftesbury st

1 hour ago, Mr Tibbs said:

I know, relegation was looking so good back in October. 

You sneaked that one in thru the side netting didn't you ! lol 

I did say can we leave NP behind on this thread ....? 

Mr Tibbs ... Can you suspend your disbelief and actually believe we had a chance of the play offs in December ? 

I'll leave it with you ! 

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, The Arch Deacon said:

Why does Will Hughes escape any criticism whatsoever, whilst all around him get slammed. He's been garbage for the last half dozen games but it seems Johnson, Bryson, Russel, Butterfield etc.. get picked up on every mis-placed, sidewards, backwards, upwards or downwards pass that doesn't meet with the fans approval. Particularly the latter on this list who has for me has been the best of an indifferent midfield. MOM against Burton for example, and wrongly subbed against Villa. Me thinks rose coloured specs where WH is involved. Will Hughes ever do wrong in a Derby shirt??? .....see what I did there?

NO

10 hours ago, The Arch Deacon said:

Why does Will Hughes escape any criticism whatsoever, whilst all around him get slammed. He's been garbage for the last half dozen games but it seems Johnson, Bryson, Russel, Butterfield etc.. get picked up on every mis-placed, sidewards, backwards, upwards or downwards pass that doesn't meet with the fans approval. Particularly the latter on this list who has for me has been the best of an indifferent midfield. MOM against Burton for example, and wrongly subbed against Villa. Me thinks rose coloured specs where WH is involved. Will Hughes ever do wrong in a Derby shirt??? .....see what I did there?

I think the reason for this is when Will plays badly he is still quite effective. 

Thing is if your pint is half empty you still have a half to drink. If your half has a few dregs in it then it's time to go to the bar.

On 26/02/2017 at 10:04, Jayram said:

It's not a crisis, nowhere near. Those of us who remember the club being relegated to Div 3 and nearly going out of business in 1984 know what an actual crisis looks like. What this is is a reality check; a club that has chopped and changed managers at the owners whim for the last couple of years while operating an inexplicable recruitment policy has finally come unstuck. Our squad is unbalanced with too many average players playing in the same positions; the lack of genuine quality throughout the side is there for all to see. We deserve to be where we are in the Championship and all I ask for the rest of this season is that we play for pride and make sure we are not taken for mugs. McClaren needs to be ruthless in the summer, clear out as much of the deadwood as he can and make the kind of well judged properly scouted signings that our rivals seem to be able to make.

He also deserves to be given a full season to try and sort this mess out and stamp his mark on the squad - if he fails his contract will be at an end and will not be renewed at the end of next season anyway. 

CRISIS : A time of intense difficulty or danger. 

Yes I remember 1984 but the reality is football has changed drastically. We can't buy a win against the Divisions strugglers, we are the team you want to play at present if your having a tough time. 

The squad is unbalanced, average players, 100% agreed. The definition of crisis fits us, not sure anybody could disputes that. 

A club that has spent millions on dross, big wages on dross, we need a overhaul, other clubs won't buy our dross. Our dross get big wages, other clubs won't pay our dross big wages. It's a flipping crisis because our position may heavily stifle anything we want to do in the summer, the real reason we didn't do it in January.

Id like to see Morris sack McLaren, yes I said sack him. The fans that didn't want him back want him out, those that foolishly accepted him back just moan and berate the others for their views. 

Lets get a manager here who can build this club, I just don't feel we are getting that under McLaren. 

Be brave and bold Mel and get rid of this circus act. We need a manager who can sustain form over a season, not one who does it for 13 or so games. 

3 minutes ago, Shaftesbury st said:

CRISIS : A time of intense difficulty or danger. 

Yes I remember 1984 but the reality is football has changed drastically. We can't buy a win against the Divisions strugglers, we are the team you want to play at present if your having a tough time. 

The squad is unbalanced, average players, 100% agreed. The definition of crisis fits us, not sure anybody could disputes that. 

A club that has spent millions on dross, big wages on dross, we need a overhaul, other clubs won't buy our dross. Our dross get big wages, other clubs won't pay our dross big wages. It's a flipping crisis because our position may heavily stifle anything we want to do in the summer, the real reason we didn't do it in January.

Id like to see Morris sack McLaren, yes I said sack him. The fans that didn't want him back want him out, those that foolishly accepted him back just moan and berate the others for their views. 

Lets get a manager here who can build this club, I just don't feel we are getting that under McLaren. 

Be brave and bold Mel and get rid of this circus act. We need a manager who can sustain form over a season, not one who does it for 13 or so games. 

Go get Gary Rowett 

Archived